The Dubliners, The Pogues

username

Ha!

Well ok. I'm getting a lot into Irish folk music lately. Obviously the first band you end up listening to is The Dubliners. Incredible! My dad recently bought the 40 years reunion concert DVD. It's just amazing! The music, the atmosphere, the performers, the songs! I love it!

Ok, second band you end up with would logicaly be The Pogues! ;) I've always liked their If I Should Fall From Grace With God album. But I've also been listening to some others. I like it a lot!

Any other fans of this music around here?

Maybe somebody has tips for bands or songs I should check out?

I like traditional Celtic music but being Scottish and a choochter at that it tends to be the Scots side I prefer. I've been brought up around it, my mum n dad are crazy on it.

The Pogues and the Dubliners are fantastic but some other bands that kick ass are Wolfstone, Runrig, Silly Wizard, The Chieftans, Cappercallie, Dick Goughan, The Corries and The Battlefield Band. :D All of these bands are well worth looking into if you like this type of music Username, sorry dont know too much about the Irish scene but you shouldn't be dissapointed with any of these bands. :drevil:

Oh almost forgot I actually seen the Battlefield band the other night, my mates uncle is the piper so we got free tickets :P They were amazing.

Anyway let me know what you thought of them. :drevil:

Edited by brud

The Pogues and the Dubliners are fantastic but some other bands that kick ass are Wolfstone, Runrig, Silly Wizard, The Chieftans, Cappercallie, Dick Goughan, The Corries and The Battlefield Band.

i think you mean the wolftones they do real rebel Irish Music