Def Leppard

Civil_War

So what do you guys think of Def Leppard? I think they are great, probably my 2nd favoruite band after guns n roses. It wasnt there attitude or there image that has anything to do with meliking them, they just made GREAT music. up until slang is just great. There first 4 albums are classic and Adrenalize and slang are both amazing in my books. I have nothing against there new music on euphoria and X i like it alot but its got nothing on there old stuff.

If it wasnt for Def leppard i would have never gotten into rock music. I found a copy of my dads adrenalize cd which he got by accident back when it came out and i fell in love with it. A lot of people complain this band had no balls, but they werent about that, they werent about going out and getting hammered in public even though they did, they just didnt advertise it as much as the other bands in that time. They were just about making music that everyone could enjoy and thats why they are at the moment the only rock band who have 2 albums that went diamond in the 80s.

What are your thoughts?

I like them, but i don't listen to them that much. In my opinion i think they are kind of a joke, there is just something about some of their songs that I really don't like. The way Joe Elliot sings and how the drums sound so fake, some songs I find amazing, others I don't.

I like Def Leppard alot, I used to love them when I was about 14, or 15 I can't remember, how sad, when Pyromania was released, I was so addicted to that album. When you think about it they have had alot of hits throughout the 80's and early 90's. I am going to see them at Keyspan Park in Brooklyn, NY on July 9th.

Edited by DoubleTalkingJive

Def Leppard are up there on my favourite band list... sucks what happened to that drummer losing his arm and all.

Yeah the bands had a lot of hardships. First the loss of pete willis, then ricks arm, then the loss of steve clark (rip), but somehow they always come out of it still kicking ass.

I think they're the most underrated rock band ever. It's a shame that their new albums sell like crap and their concerts draw maybe 5,000 people when their contemporaries (Poison, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi) are still getting huge crowds. Def Leppard was the biggest selling band of the 80s, and talentwise far better than any of the other pop metal groups, but they seem to have the worst rep of them all. When the 90s came around and all those other bands either broke up or faded away, Def Leppard still put out great stuff ("Slang" would have easily gone diamond if there was another band's name n the cover. It's an incredible album.). Then, in the late 90s when these bands started making comebacks and going on successful nostalgia tours, DL took the high road and made two good albums ("Euphoria" and "X") and touring with new bands, and it hurt them. When you mention their name all anyone can talk about is "Pour Some Sugar on Me" and Rick Allen's arm...or lack thereof. "Pour Some Sugar on Me" is far from their best song ("Photograph"), and the mere fact that Rick Allen is still drumming with one arm makes him one of the best drummers ever. They're coming to Pittsburgh in June with Tesla (also grossly underrated), and they're playing at the Chevrolet Ampitheater, which holds about 4,000. They deserve better.

they used to hold parties where birds could only get in if their tits weighed a certain amount. oh and many were issued with 'dikklicker' passes which meant they were allowed to, well, suck off the band.

and why the hell not

I heard something like that when I watched the BTM on them. They used to have a place under the stage where women [mothers and daughters sometimes] would go and all sex acts would be going on under there. See what woman will do for rock stars, with their daughters even :blink:

Edited by DoubleTalkingJive