SRV

Ricky_Rose

Stevie Ray Vaughan is by far my favorite guitarist of all time. He is the main reason that I started taking the guitar seriously. Technically he is a great blues player but there is much more to him, it's he's attitude towards the guitar and his passion for his music. While there might be technically better players out there Stevie will always be my favorite because he opened up the doors to many different guitarists in many different genres of music to me. My favorite SRV song is Life By the Drop. Technically speaking it is a very easy song to play but Stevie plays it with all his heart and emotion which makes it imposible for anybody else no matter how technically better they are than him to play it as good.

If you have never heard his muisc you should check out one of his greatest hits cds or buy a dvd (any dvd will blow you away, he is an amazing live guitarist, the only draw back is that he looks like he is taking a dump during a couple of his solos :ph34r: ) Other great songs of his include his amazing version of Voodoo Child, Pride and Joy, Texas Flood, Mary Had A Little Lamb, The Things That I Used To Do, Cold Shot, Little Wing, his version of Superstition, The House Is Rockin', Crossfire, and Tightrope.

It was a tragedy that he died in a helecopter crash after he had barely conquered all his demons with alcohol.

Stevie Ray Vaughan is by far my favorite guitarist of all time. He is the main reason that I started taking the guitar seriously. Technically he is a great blues player but there is much more to him, it's he's attitude towards the guitar and his passion for his music. While there might be technically better players out there Stevie will always be my favorite because he opened up the doors to many different guitarists in many different genres of music to me. My favorite SRV song is Life By the Drop. Technically speaking it is a very easy song to play but Stevie plays it with all his heart and emotion which makes it imposible for anybody else no matter how technically better they are than him to play it as good.

If you have never heard his muisc you should check out one of his greatest hits cds or buy a dvd (any dvd will blow you away, he is an amazing live guitarist, the only draw back is that he looks like he is taking a dump during a couple of his solos :ph34r: ) Other great songs of his include his amazing version of Voodoo Child, Pride and Joy, Texas Flood, Mary Had A Little Lamb, The Things That I Used To Do, Cold Shot, Little Wing, his version of Superstition, The House Is Rockin', Crossfire, and Tightrope.

It was a tragedy that he died in a helecopter crash after he had barely conquered all his demons with alcohol.

I'm a big SRV fan too. The old man and I went to the last show (we're also Clapton & Buddy Guy fans). I still have my Stevie tee from that night. It was a real shock to wake up the next morning and hear what happened.

One of my favorite cd's we have is Stevie w/Buddy Guy. Do you have it?