With Teeth track #13

Carne_asaDA

Great song!!!! Out of all the NIN slower songs, this one carries the most emotional weight. But by being the closer on the album, listening to the lyrics.......I get the impression that this is the "farewell" song by Trent. Especially when he adds the noise of screaming fans to the song. I hope not.........but could it be???

Best thing about Trent Reznor is that he can't do a back to basics rock n roll album cos he never did that in the first place. He can only go forward. But I suppose he did go pretty far out with Fixed and Further Down the Spiral that he doesnt need to do any more experimenting so where does he go hopefully he just keeps pumping out these type of albums.

I dont think so. The lyrics arent really good for a farewell song. Dont get me wrong, the lyrics are awesome, but not farewell type. And I dont know about the meaning of the crowd noise... But no, not a farewell song.

At least I hope so. :unsure:

Great song!!!! Out of all the NIN slower songs, this one carries the most emotional weight. But by being the closer on the album, listening to the lyrics.......I get the impression that this is the "farewell" song by Trent. Especially when he adds the noise of screaming fans to the song. I hope not.........but could it be???

Your saying its better than "Hurt"?!

Wow. Must be good.

Ummmmmm................do you think it could be the farewell song??

No. He already said he's got the next album half written -- or so he claims. B)

That's cool, so half written means we should see it in what? 4 years rather than 5? Blody perfectionists! :P

But yeah, right where it belongs is great. The alternate version on the UK release is really cool as well B)

It is better than Hurt IMHO. I love the album musically, but  think trent wears his heart on his sleeve far too much. For a man of 40, he's as intoverted as a kid of 14. I think he really ruins "Only" this way.

Trent does wear his heart on his sleeve: His lyrics are honest and emotional. That's what makes the music so powerful.

As for "Only" - I like it. lol. For Trent - I think the song was inspired by his ex-manager whom he recently fought a nasty and bitter court battle with over embezzled money, fraud and the right to the NIN name among other things. Pretty nasty legal fight and a lot of hard feelings on both sides. The song's lyrics seem to express his side - at least that's the impression I get.

so.......

is it better than contraband ?  B)

Totally different style.

Contraband is good -- but not a CD that I continually listen to on a daily - or even weekly - basis. Whereas "With Teeth" has been on a regular daily rotation for me everyday since it was released (even before then. ;) )

Only is a great single choice, I think that and 'The hand the feeds' are the more accessible tracks on the album in terms of the world at large. It might not make such a difference in the US, but in countries where NIN aren't so big those are very good single choices.