Worst Frontman

Genesis

We've had best, now let's choose who we hate having as a frontman of a band. Before we all start shooting off Bennington or that man from G. Charloote, try to keep it individual please.

Personally, I think Dani Filth's the biggest knobhead to grace music since Axl Rose

Guest katie

kurt cobain (sp), he shot himself...therefore breaking up the band. Thats not very ncie is it?

Edited by katie

Having a poor live voice and running around getting out of breath all the time on stage isn't great. Being so egotistical that he's prepared to let all the founding members leave isn't great. Turning up late, delaying the shows, isn't great. Being a racist isn't great. Just to add another insult, he thinks there's something cool in trying to be controversial by singing a Charles Manson number.

Great.

Having a poor live voice and running around getting out of breath all the time on stage isn't great. Being so egotistical that he's prepared to let all the founding members leave isn't great. Turning up late, delaying the shows, isn't great. Being a racist isn't great. Just to add another insult, he thinks there's something cool in trying to be controversial by singing a Charles Manson number.

Great.

aside from him being out of breath (which never used to be the case) the rest of your points are nothing to do with Axls abilities as a performer and are to do with personal problems, which also have effects from slash and duff etc, nothing to do with his showmanship.

mind you phill collins can accept that he's bald.

even if he did rob a train in the 1980's

Did he, or did he not induce racism into his songs? Isn't what this is all about? Song writing and performing? His voice was crap live, being a frontman requires having a capable voice. How does running around and doing a stupid dance make him a good frontman? Changing the colour of his cycle shorts or bandana? Ordering the others round to do what he wanted, it's all part of his status as frontman. You can label it under whatever bollocks you may, it all reflects on him being the frontman.

Edited by Genesis

So out of breath(IE - entertaining the the  crowd by running around and giving 100% commitment rather than just standing like a dummy in front of the mic), equates in your terms as a "shite fromtman" yea, ok!

You expect a show, but watching a scrawny ginger man run around the stage for two hours isn't exactly an idea of variety. It'd be like going to see someone like Peter Green and him playing Albatross all night. Sticking to one thing doesnt work, especially if it affects the job at hand, in this case crooning. I'd rather hear a good singsong than watching someone run up and down repeatedly and getting out their inhaler. Would you?

Turning up late, delaying the shows, isn't great

Agreed.

..but again, although It's poor in terms of respecting your fans, does this mean he's a "shite frontman" because of this? I think not.

Well being the 'leader', he does have some sort of example to uphold. What's the point in being unreliable, if no one is going to respect you for it?

prepared to let all the founding members leave isn't great.

Unproven, unless you have inside information(or even worse you believe everything Slash says! :D )

Having more and more alibis corroborating the same story shows that he thought: 'not only am i the frontman, but I am the band' shows that he had blatant disregard for anyone else.

You clearly don't like Axl, everyone has an opinion, but your statement that "Axl Rose is a shite frontman" is, well, shite..

Your statement saying that my statement is shite, well that's just shite.

Hugs and Kisses