Beginner Guitar...

I'm planning to buy a guitar and I'm wondering which one to get for a beginner...

I'm not very familiar with guitars so I need some help. Which one should I get?

Strat PAK

SE100 Pack

I would really appreciate the help. Thanks :)

I think for a beginner both are great. I'd say go for the cheaper one and then start saving little bit for a better guitar to buy when you start getting better and have found your own liking, sound etc.

I think for a beginner both are great. I'd say go for the cheaper one and then start saving little bit for a better guitar to buy when you start getting better and have found your own liking, sound etc.

Thanks man B)

Dude, NO!

Don't get the fender squier strat. I have that guitar, it's a piece of shit. At least mine is, I know other people who have decent ones, but the pack that I got, I was very unsatisfied.

- My guitar strapped after a week of use.

- The amp that came with it BLOWS.

- The guitar power cord that came with it stopped working after about 2 months.

- The guitar itself sucks, the intonation is off, so after about the 10th fret on the first string it starts getting fucked up.

- The only good thing is that it came with a beginner book, that me and my teacher used. I've only been playin' for a few months, but I bought some $130 Marshall amp, which kicks major ass. I'll record a clip of me on the Fender amp and then me on The Marshall, and see if you notice the difference.

Then again, if you're a beginner, it truly does not matter if your equipment sucks, you just need to learn how to play first. So honestly, the Strat Pack kinda sucked, but it's still good, helped me out with learnin' how to play.

And I don't know about the other pack, so ask someone about that.

I would NOT recommend the Fender Strat Pack, but I may have just gotten a shitty pack, since Fender is a big name brand, and I wouldn't expect that from them...

I have to agree with PartyBoy about the Squier. I got one about 8 months ago as my first guitar. Fine until about 6 months. The amp is just shit, but that doesnt really matter at first. The guitar itself is almost falling apart already.

Just some advice.

I think I'll invest in some new gear once I've completed a year of playing.........**thought to self**

Yeah, mine broke and my dad fixed it, but screws are still falling apart, but that could just be like rare shitty ones, I mean, Fender is a popular brand, I wouldn't expect it.

And dude, if you need a new amp, for a somewhat experienced beginner and a cheap price, check this:

Musician's Friend - Marshall MG15CDR 15 Watt Combo with Reverb (482800)

I have it, and I think it kicks major ass, again I'll record some shit with my old Fender and then this and see if you can notice any difference. The reverb function totally kicks ass though.

Thanks guys. Im starting to reconsider this. Can anyone recommend any other brand? All I'm looking for is something that can play well and comes with everything (amp, strap, cords, instruc. book, etc.) 'cause im kind of strapped on cash <_< I'm poor...

So yeah, please recomend any other guitars. Thanks ^_^

Edited by War_Pig

Amp:

Take the Marshall MG-15 DFX (15 Watts, enough for practise and recordings, has build in effects, very good) or the Marshall MG-30 DFX (the same, but with 30 watts powerful enough to use it in a band or live in small venues)

Guitars:

Strat or Tele - Fender Mexico (preferably from the early to mid-90's) or a decent used 80's copy by Hohner, Vester, Chery or Fenix. Everything else in that price range (or below) is crap. A decent Strat or Tele starts at 250,- bucks used.

Les Paul, SG - Epiphone Custom or Standart (not Special) or a decent used 70's copy by Ibanez, Samick, Tokai etc.

Also, some Ibanez and Yamaha (Pacifica) guitars are an option in the lower price range.

Stay away from anything made in China - most of that is crap (pickups, bridge, tuner, wood). Those guitars look nice, but they don't sound or feel anything like the real thing. Squier guitars were good when they were still made in Japan (JV series 1980's) or Korea. The current models are junk, stay away from that.

Good luck!

ibanez sells a package tahts pretty decent

the guitar is still good. i still have mine sitting next to my les paul. its a lot better than some of the other stuff out there. the amp isnt nothing to rave about but it gets the job done.

ibanez sells a package tahts pretty decent

the guitar is still good. i still have mine sitting next to my les paul. its a lot better than some of the other stuff out there. the amp isnt nothing to rave about but it gets the job done.

I have that too though I'm not a beginner and it plays excellent.

I just don't have the money to buy a guitar and a seperate amp and so on.

Um, I was going through Musicians Friend and was looking at the guitar packages...

Again, sorry for the "bothering". Can anyone recommend any of these: Guitar Packages

Sorry, if it's too much of a hassle. Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Does anyone know of a website or company that'll let you make your own package? As in picking the guitar, amp, strap, etc. Then just paying the final price.

Edited by War_Pig

Um, I was going through Musicians Friend and was looking at the guitar packages...

Again, sorry for the "bothering". Can anyone recommend any of these: Guitar Packages

Sorry, if it's too much of a hassle. Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Does anyone know of a website or company that'll let you make your own package? As in picking the guitar, amp, strap, etc. Then just paying the final price.

Hey I have the Ibanez pack and its great even for intermediate. I'm actually not a beginner but I just don't have the money to spend while supporting myself. Since you in your first post wanted a beginner guitar, the Ibanez pack will work excellent. Everything from my pack worked fine and good.

since you first wanted either the squire SE or the Strat Pack, I'd say go for the Ibanez since its priced inbetween the SE and the Strat Pack. Plus the Ibanez gives you one humbucker aswell. Since you are a beginner, that guitar should keep you happy for atleast 4 years. By that time you would have saved up enough to buy a guitar that you truely have come to admire!

Personally wouldn't recommend the squier to a deaf man, i think Yamaha make some pretty good starter packs...the pacifica can be bought for around £180 over here...Yamaha do great value for money.

Edited by thomyorke

How much are you looking to spend?

Tops; $500.

Or imma try to convince my Dad to waste that much :lol:

I wanna buy everything that I need seperately. So w.e I do get is more quality than just low price.

What I mean is just buy a seperate guitar (Fender Fat Strat), then an amp, and everything else a beginner might need. I might as well buy things made of quality other than just a piece of shit beginner's pack with a broke ass amp, am i right?

So for sure I wanna get this:

Fender Fat Strat

Um, if anyone can maybe take the time to look through this site and maybe set up a "beginner" pack using the Strat above and picking the amps and everything else needed using this site: Musician's Friend

Remember; my budget is probably $500.

If you want you can look through this site; Sam Ash. It's a store around my area, so I guess that'll be more comfortale for me when I buy my guitar.

Thanks guys ;)

Click

On this site you find great les paul copies with nearly the same specs as the gibsons, but at a much lower price

Yes that site has some great guitars. I almost bought mine there but my local guitar shop had a better deal on an epiphone Les Paul. Great prices

epiphone use much more money on their marketing than on making quality guitars