Slayer vs Slipknot

krissirge

Which is better  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find slayer a bit predictable. But Slipknot where at the forefront of a whole scene and will be remembered forever, I think.

isnt it the exact opposite....slayer was one of the first to play thrash/death type metal....slipknot wears funny masks and thinks they're the shit?

wheres that battlehawk guy on this one

I find slayer a bit predictable. But Slipknot where at the forefront of a whole scene and will be remembered forever, I think.

isnt it the exact opposite....slayer was one of the first to play thrash/death type metal....slipknot wears funny masks and thinks they're the shit?

of course,Slayer is one of the influences to death metal and one of the best thrash metal bands....Slipknot on the other hand is a crappy nu metal band whose fanbase is made of angry MTV teens,who dont listen to anything that dosent get played on MTV and their favorite Metallica album is St Anger :devil:....any song from Slayer's Reign In Blood album beats anything from Slipknot

Whens the last time you saw Slipknot on MTV?  Really?

And what are slayer fans, angry teens who have just aged?

hey,when the last time Slayer even got mentioned in MTV....to MTV Slipknot actually excists,unlike Slayer

and yeah,Slayer fans are teens who have grown older and understand that a no-talent band like Slipknot isn't worth any serious metalhead's time(like any nu-metal band)

Edited by krissirge

Yeah, whats popular now. Slayer made music videos too. I'm sure they were played on Headbangers Ball.

Slipknot are very popular at the moment, while Slayer is not. Dont decieve yourself into believing popularity isnt a good thing.

Edited by Spike Killer

Yeah, whats popular now. Slayer made music videos too. I'm sure they were played on Headbangers Ball.

Slipknot are very popular at the moment, while Slayer is not. Dont decieve yourself into believing popularity isnt a good thing.

hey,even Morbid Angel and Cannibal Corpse got played on Headbangers Ball,does that make them popular

and popularity isn't a bad.Slayer is also very popular,but Slayer has never needed the support of the media to gain fans,but the media made Slipknot(and every other nu metal band) famous

Slipknot will be forgotten when this nu-metal craze is over,but Slayer was around way before that and will be around or remembered for a long time

of course,Slayer is one of the influences to death metal and one of the best thrash metal bands....Slipknot on the other hand is a crappy nu metal band whose fanbase is made of angry MTV teens,who dont listen to anything that dosent get played on MTV and their favorite Metallica album is St Anger :devil:....any song from Slayer's Reign In Blood album beats anything from Slipknot

sorry I'm super late on this one, refering to one of the qoutes above, I totally agree with krissirge on this one

But going back to the very early 1990's, I think we can really blame Metallica's Black Album and the grunge revolution to blame for Thrash Metal's big fall.

If you think about this, prior to 1991 where the black album was released, Megadeth released Rust In Peace, Megadeth's fastest album and to me, my favorite from them. Exodus released Fabulous Disaster (I love that album to death) again an onslaught of Thrash metals insanity!

But here enters the black album and grunge for which metal never recovered. With the abrupt change in direction. Thrash was never the same again. Slayer tried to make a good effort with Divine Intervention in 1995 but could never live up to the glory days of Slayer.

Metallica then eventually KILLED all hopes of a Thrash ressurection with LOAD/RELOAD. Enter MTV where the fan based genre started getting geered toward rap/metal nu-metal influences. Korn, Slipknot and others show up. Their influences are that of the new material of who they look up to.

Thus being, the songs musically got slower and the songs meant about. "Being angry" but not the anger expressed like Slayer. The anger is more like having a period and mix in a few sad emo-pathetic emotions. Blended together to appeal to the emotions of a proto-grunge era nu metal listeners across the nation.

But mark my words, Thrash is making a comeback, EXODUS is in the studio right now recording what is to be nothing less but an unmerciful assault of metal to kill all of these nu metal bands who stand in their way. Slayer will also be in the studio soon and Jeff has hinted that he is a bit pissed off at things. Venom is almost done and you can hear their new song anti-christ on their website.

Thrash has made a ressurection and nu metal and proto-gungers will fall!!!!

THRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!