How did you become a GnR fan??

Carne_asaDA

As a big GnR fan, I'd like to know how you guys got introduced to their music and how you became a fan. Like for me, I was watching the movie trailer to the Dead Pool and Welcome to the Jungle was played. I was really young at the time but the song triggered my imagination. I bought my first Rock cassette which was AFD and i been a fan ever since. I got a chance to see them live in my city in 93. It was one of the best shows I ever seen. What about you??

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 11, I was watching videos on Mtv when suddenly November Rain was broadcasted... I was thrilled by this song and within few days I bought AFD, Lies and UYI!!

When they came in my city in 93 I was too youg and my parents didn't allow me to go to their concert....

I've been cryin' since 27th July 1993....

my brother borrowed UYI tour in Tokyo somewhere in the year'92 , and it's totally fascinated me, the energy and the song was like no other band i've ever saw. ..... and i've become the biggest GNR fans in Indonesia ever since.

It's been so long that I don't remember.  I vaguely remember being very p*ssed at my ex who at the time was my current and pacing the living room with a cigarette in one hand and a beer in the other with AFD cranked on the stereo.  Kept me from killing him so it was a good thing.

Since then I've quit smoking and traded the beer for Jim Beam but I'll never give up the GNR!

My brother was a big GN'R fan and in about 1990 or 1991 he was listening to AFD all the time, when I heard Paradise City I started to listen to the album and realised that every song on it was a classic, even though I was only about 6 at the time. I've been listening to them ever since.

My brother was a big GN'R fan and in about 1990 or 1991 he was listening to AFD all the time, when I heard Paradise City I started to listen to the album and realised that every song on it was a classic, even though I was only about 6 at the time. I've been listening to them ever since.

whoa, i think you are my twin or something. my brother played paradise city when i was 5 or 6 and i got hooked and made him play it over and over again. now im 15 and i still listen to paradise city over and over again.  :)

Growing up in the 90`s so I didn`t have any music I loved, so I loaned much music from my brother among them GnR, I thought it was really cool, but didn`t get "hooked" rigth away.. When I that summer where at the airport I heard November Rain in like a bar or something and I just ran to the nearest store and looked at G and the only GnR cd left there was Uyi1 with November Rain, so I bougth it and got hooked.. :)

• 2 years later...

Wasn't there a thread about this quite a long time ago?

Anyway, I was taking a road trip to Toronto and I only had a few CD's at a time, I asked my friend if I can borrow a CD from him, he recommended Use Your Illusion 1 and it pretty much started from there.

Anyway, I was taking a road trip to Toronto and I only had a few CD's at a time, I asked my friend if I can borrow a CD from him, he recommended Use Your Illusion 1 and it pretty much started from there.

yeh, only about 3 years ago.

I wasn't here 3 years ago so how would I be able to remember it?

...Or was that just an attempt at sarcasm? :huh:

Edited by Moop

This was many years ago but I had this friend who had a GNR poster on his bedroom wall and I remember thinking who are those fags (thinking that it was just another lame hair metal band, but then he put in AFD and Out Ta Get Me was blazing and I've been hooked ever since. Those of you too young probably can't relate..

I wasn't here 3 years ago so how would I be able to remember it?

...Or was that just an attempt at sarcasm? :huh:

Um. Look at the dates. This thread is from 3 years ago. :rolleyes:

A friend told me to listen to five songs I've never heard before all by the band called Guns N Roses...I already heard the songs Paradise City and SCOm but that was it

The five songs I listened to:

1.) WTTJ-I liked it

2.) Night Train-Thought this was a very good band

3.) Mr. Brownstone-Cool beat

4.) Get In The Ring-Thought this guy Axl Rose was one tough SOB.

5.) Patience-after hearing this song...I not once considered this band to have been anything less than a monstrosity.

I was in 3rd or 4th grade, heard Welcome To The Jungle on Mtv, asked my parents to buy me appetite for destruction, they said no. I went to my Gram's for the weekend and begged her for a hour to take me to the tape and record store to buy Appetite for destruction. I brought the tape home, listened to welcome to the jungle a couple times, then let it keep playing.. as searn as I heard the line "I see you standing there, you think your so cool, why don't you just..... FUCK OFF..." I fell in love with the band. :)

I was so young I really didn't understand what some songs were about, but I loved Axl's attitude, I could identify with it because I didn't like most my teachers, peers, or authority figures in my life...

When I was a young lad I heard the song "Every Rose has its Thorns" at the time I wasn't really big into music. Yet I loved this song and I wanted more from the band who made it yet I was young and had no idea that it was Posion and just assumed it was Guns n Roses because the band name and song name just go together. Anyhow I went looking for more GNR music and found it, and BAM ever since I mixed up Poison and GNR ive been a fan.

Well my mum used/is to be totally into bands like KISS, AC/DC & Queen, so hard-rock was already introduced into the family.

Of course I must note that my mum and dad both love a big variety of music, which is the same with me.

I heard GN'R a couple of timeso n the radio and me and my brother listened to it a few times in record stores, after a couple of listens we decided to buy all their albums. (We were still to young to know there even was music at the prime of GN'R career but I'm now 15, so I'm a newer fan so to say).