How did you become a GnR fan??

Carne_asaDA

I used to live in a real quiet part of Worcester (UK) and everyone was real reserved and only listened to Michael Jackson. There was one guy who didn't fit into the crowd and used to walk around in a biker jacket with long greasy hair and a stereo on his shoulder playing rock. One day he walked down the street with Paradise City blasting out and I was hooked from then. That must've been around '89 I think.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've liked the music ever sense the first time I heard WTTJ and Sweet Child. But didn't realy become a true fan until I read Axl's first interview in Rolling Stone. I remember it exactly. I was on a camping trip to South Dakota and I bought to read on the road. I didn't read it til it rained one day and we got stuck in the camper. I read it over and over. I never looked back.

When I was four I got exposed to AFD alot (thats when it came out). I got exposed to Led Zep, Bon Jovi and others too around that age. I guess the main G n R song I remember when I was really young was Paradise City. For some reason I thought the words were "where the hulk is green and the girls are pretty" and remember thinking that Axl and Bon Jovi were the same person lol. Hey I was only 4. Anyway yeah it all stuck and 17-18 years later I'm a huge G n R fan.

I'm probably one of the freshest GN'R fans. I am born in the 1980s so GN'R were the hottest things. In fact, they made their way into my monthly Bookworm storybooks. I was always fascinated by the logo... the classic one with vines, roses, thorns and the GUNS.

Forward to about 12 years later, I heard November Rain and it made me want to cry for some reason. I was at the point, sick of those popfuck acts like N'SYNC and whatever. November Rain was so good... so good. Thank God for LAUNCH on Yahoo, I watched ALL the GN'R videos they had in their stock and I never looked back.

GN'R is my FREEDOM ticket to the world of hard rock. No one here appreciates real rock... they think the screaming and lolling around in a bed with messy hair is rock. Wake up. Pop is fucking dead. :devil:

I was 11 and my sister , who had past two months in switzerland in vacancy, brougt me a tape with a ballad she had listened to and it was the most beautiful ballad i ever heard!!! Guess what ballad that was???? Patience, of course!!!It was the year of 1989 i think, and i had become a fan since that!!!!!!

Rock on rock1 rock2

approximately one year ago (more than a year i think) i saw the Paradise City video on TV. i thought that this was a pretty good song. then as an additional info a message appeared on the screen which said that there was a Greatest Hits album out, a few days later i got that album and since then i am hooked.

AFD, UYI2, UYI1, Live Era, Lies followed (in order), TSI? is still missing <_<

Grew up on Thin Lizzy, Zepp & Fleetwood Mac off my father. My eldest brother (16 years ahead) followed on and got into GN'R around the time I was 4/5, got crazy video's of my as a kid doing the snake dance for SCOM, and me at Donnington for MOR..

Went through High School, stuck with me.. lost them between 13-16 when I got into the dance/hardcore scene with coke, smoke and trainspotting, went through rehab, and when I came out found that I was once again (and happily) an insomniatic outcast.

Thus GN'R returned.

I was attending a concert where they opened for Aerosmith.

I remember to this day, Axl running all over the stage and I turned to my friend and I said, "Who the fuck is this guy?" He said, "Axl Rose of Guns n' Roses."

You know how when you go to a concert, you are really there to see the main performer?

I had tickets to see GNR in 2002, but my city was one that was canceled.

I hope I get to see Axl/GNR play out again someday.

I have a bootleg of the Boston 2002 show I got offline. It was amazing.

I was 5 in 1989 and my brother was telling me about this guy named AXL one day. Anyway's I heard the song Patience one day and I was totally hooked. That was it for me. Once I heard the song Patience, I was totally hooked.

Btw, this is my first post on here (I'm not really a newbie since i've been on this site since 2000 or 2001). I'd like to take this opportunity to say hi to all the fellow gunners. Especially Madison. :D She's a legend around here!!!

I was 5 in 1989 and my brother was telling me about this guy named AXL one day. Anyway's I heard the song Patience one day and I was totally hooked. That was it for me. Once I heard the song Patience, I was totally hooked.

Btw, this is my first post on here (I'm not really a newbie since i've been on this site since 2000 or 2001). I'd like to take this opportunity to say hi to all the fellow gunners. Especially Madison. :D She's a legend around here!!!

HE LIES!!!

You've been here since July 2004!

Anyway, welcome to the forum! :P

HE LIES!!!

Anyway, welcome to the forum!  :P 

LOL :lol: .............. Don't let that Join date of July 2004 date fool you. What I meant to say was i've been visiting MYGNR.com since 2000 or 2001. I used to view the old message board on the main part of the site before they merged them together. I've only been visiting this forum since about 2003. Hope that clears things up. :D

HE LIES!!!

Anyway, welcome to the forum!  :P  

LOL :lol: .............. Don't let that Join date of July 2004 date fool you. What I meant to say was i've been visiting MYGNR.com since 2000 or 2001. I used to view the old message board on the main part of the site before they merged them together. I've only been visiting this forum since about 2003. Hope that clears things up. :D

Don't worry about it

I's jus' messin' with ya! :P

Sorry, I have to let this out:

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THE SPICE GIRLS ARE GOING TO GET BACK TOGETHER BEFORE CHINESE DEMOCRACY COMES OUT????

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Trent Reznor has even release THREE #1 albums between TSI and now! WTF??

Well I'm actually a fairly recent GNR fan, which really indicates that I have no right to call anybody a noob! :lol:

So I was in California on holiday last year and all I was hearing (chiefly in LA was GNR) and before this I never gave any time to them, if they were on the TV I would change it instantly. So I began to enjoy Knockin' On Heaven's Door and Paradise City. So one day I was out for dinner in some restuarant and this little rock tribute band were covering different things and they done a rendition of a GNR song, I can't remember for the life of me what it was but I really enjoyed it. So next day I took a look at the Greatest Hits in a record store and realised they played a lot of songs I liked but never really realised it was them who played it. i.e Live and Let Die, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome to the Jungle etc.

And basically the rest is history :)

Well I'm actually a fairly recent GNR fan, which really indicates that I have no right to call anybody a noob! :lol:

So I was in California on holiday last year and all I was hearing (chiefly in LA was GNR) and before this I never gave any time to them, if they were on the TV I would change it instantly. So I began to enjoy Knockin' On Heaven's Door and Paradise City. So one day I was out for dinner in some restuarant and this little rock tribute band were covering different things and they done a rendition of a GNR song, I can't remember for the life of me what it was but I really enjoyed it. So next day I took a look at the Greatest Hits in a record store and realised they played a lot of songs I liked but never really realised it was them who played it. i.e Live and Let Die, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome to the Jungle etc.

And basically the rest is history :)

Except Kevin, you forgot to mention when you told me "they suck" and laughed at "shnanannanana knees" and you kept repeating how much the sucked before you went on holiday.

It was 2002 VMA's, my sister's boyfriend was over. It came on and he was telling me about them, a few days later I borrowed appetite from him. Then I downloaded a few songs. It stayed like that untill the greatest hits were released. My sister bought it and I was introduced to a whole bunch of new material. Then Contraband came out, I snapped that up on the first day. As I liked some of there songs. So I really got into GNR and VR at the same time.