How did you become a GnR fan??

Carne_asaDA

I was basically forced to listen to gnr when I first took my motorcycle to the racetrack. I snuck-in a radio (strapped under my leather suit and helmet) and the only station with decent reception was a classic rock station that was playing back-to-back GNR songs.

So I kinda re-discovered GNR and realized that I absolutely loved their music. That was in 2000 and I've been listening to nothing else ever since, especially while on the bike.

V-

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm actually a fairly recent GNR fan, which really indicates that I have no right to call anybody a noob! :lol:

So I was in California on holiday last year and all I was hearing (chiefly in LA was GNR) and before this I never gave any time to them, if they were on the TV I would change it instantly. So I began to enjoy Knockin' On Heaven's Door and Paradise City. So one day I was out for dinner in some restuarant and this little rock tribute band were covering different things and they done a rendition of a GNR song, I can't remember for the life of me what it was but I really enjoyed it. So next day I took a look at the Greatest Hits in a record store and realised they played a lot of songs I liked but never really realised it was them who played it. i.e Live and Let Die, Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome to the Jungle etc.

And basically the rest is history :)

Except Kevin, you forgot to mention when you told me "they suck" and laughed at "shnanannanana knees" and you kept repeating how much the sucked before you went on holiday.

It was 2002 VMA's, my sister's boyfriend was over. It came on and he was telling me about them, a few days later I borrowed appetite from him. Then I downloaded a few songs. It stayed like that untill the greatest hits were released. My sister bought it and I was introduced to a whole bunch of new material. Then Contraband came out, I snapped that up on the first day. As I liked some of there songs. So I really got into GNR and VR at the same time.

well that really isn't true.

Infact that whole thing is a lie you got into them shortyl before me.

I knew you in febuary, a few months before the Greatest hits. When were at gordons and you told me to turn of paradise city, that was before the greatest hits. I never talked about them untill I got into them at that stage.

For some reason I thought the words were "where the hulk is green and the girls are pretty"

Well hey, it makes sense...

Anyway I got addicted after my Uncle went to jail and left one of the Illusion cd's and afd. I got the rest of the cds later and have been a fan since...

Last year my friend told me to buy Welcome to the Videos, and said that I would really like Guns N' Roses. It was only $12.99 so I bought it. I played it from the beginning and as soon as Welcome to the Jungle came on I was a G N'R fan. B)

My dad and I were at Best Buy the night before we were going to New Jersey for vacation, I was buying a Who greatest hits, and he was buying Appetite For Destruction, I listened to sweet child o mine like 5 times in a row and then listened to the rest of the cd and loved GN'R ever since. (I bought the rest of there cds that week)

When I was a young lad I heard the song "Every Rose has its Thorns" at the time I wasn't really big into music. Yet I loved this song and I wanted more from the band who made it yet I was young and had no idea that it was Posion and just assumed it was Guns n Roses because the band name and song name just go together. Anyhow I went looking for more GNR music and found it, and BAM ever since I mixed up Poison and GNR ive been a fan.

That's a great story :D

One day I was browsing through TV channels and saw that Vh1 was airing a show called "I love the 70s". I thought it had to be cool, so I started to watch the show and pretty much the rest of Vh1's shows (not really). I kept seeing Axl is some shows and I thought that he was a really good-looking man (understatement). Then, in a show about celebrity feuds, I heard him talking and was simply amazed that such a deep and manly voice could come from such a pretty face! So when I found out there was a Behind the Music edition of Guns N' Roses, I simply had to see it. That was what got me really interested in Gn'R.

What made me get Greatest Hits was my neighbors' constant playing of reggaeton "a to' volumen". I thought it would be awesome to play some hardrock back at them and of course Gn'R Greatest Hits was the perfect choice. I bought the album at iTunes (not before buying Estranged [i had read in Amazon that it was a crime to leave that song out of GH]) and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. And you could say the rest is history ^_^

i was playin this online game called Ray and at the end they play Sweet Child O' Mine, the song just took my breath away, i started downloading the music. buying the cd's, lookin up the band, so on and they became my favorite band.

Once one my friend has brought to me assembly fate of songs. There was about 110 songs of different executors. Among these songs I have heard three songs of group Guns N'Roses: Knockin On Heaven's Door, Don't Cry and 14 Years. These songs have very much liked me and descended(went) and has bought album Appetite For Destruction. To me then there were 15 years.

It was a gradual thing for me. I bought Madonna's Like A Prayer album, I thought was ok, but then saw a band called Roachford on TOTP. More of a rock band. I prefered that. They had a song called Cuddley Toy (no joke!!!) Then I bought Hysteria cos someone in my class had it and it looked like rock band. It was pretty good. Then I keep seeing the Appetite cover in HMV next to Hysteria. So I bought it. And I was blown away. I had discovered rock n roll. No doubt about that. Then I got Lies.

I was 13 in 1988 and a friend of mine snuck a walkman into Algebra class. He slipped me the headphones and I heard the opening riff to WTTJ. I have been a fan ever since.

By the way, thanks for the post-its nice to remember the good times before this CD fiasco.

Back in 1991 when the UYI CDs came out my Dad bought UYI I. He would always play November Rain and I absolutely fell in love with the song. I didn't have a clue who sang it but I liked it. Then when I was in 9th grade I would do my math homework and get frustrated with it so I would turn the radio on to the local oldies rock station. Every afternoon I would hear either Paradise City or Sweet Child O' Mine. I loved them both so eventually I got brave and bought AFD. I must say that that was the best $10 I had ever spent. It is still my favorite CD. I also started to borrow UYI I from my Dad. I became a fan immediately so I started buying the rest of their CDs. And the rest is history.

As a big GnR fan, I'd like to know how you guys got introduced to their music and how you became a fan. Like for me, I was watching the movie trailer to the Dead Pool and Welcome to the Jungle was played. I was really young at the time but the song triggered my imagination. I bought my first Rock cassette which was AFD and i been a fan ever since. I got a chance to see them live in my city in 93. It was one of the best shows I ever seen. What about you??

i first became a GNR fan when i saw Axl rose on T.V. in 92 then i started listening to the music. the first GNR song i ever heard was " Garden of Eden". i became core GNR fan that day.

I saw them at the carling festival in 2002 at leeds. I then went out immediately after and bought appetite and uyi2. 3 days later bought the rest. Just blew me away.

i listened to em and that was is - i was hooked. plus my sister was talking to me about great guitar players with me and my mum, my mum said knopfler was great and then slash came on and it was, shit but he's better. plus he looked cool. a mixture of slash and hearing gnr made me pick up the guitar. now im hoked on both