Kurt Cobain

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my take on the Nirvana thing.....you see on T.V. and all this other crap that Nirvana is such an influential band and blah blah blah.......yes, they did get famous,  but they would have never gotten to the level they did if Kurt didn't take a loser way out and shove a shotgun in his mouth

I have to side with One_Weak on this one. (Did I really say that? :) .. hmm) ... Anyway, Nirvana was incredibly popular before Kurt sadly checked out. The music stood on its own .. and spoke volumes.   A lot of people really identified with his words and message, and still do today.

Obviously, it's hard to know what would have happened if Kurt had stuck around. We'll never know if he would have continued to write great songs and continued on that popularity wave or not. And that, to me, is the music world's great misfortune.

Kurt Cobain was no special musician , he was just lucky that the music world needed a change at about the same time as nevermind was released. Being able to sing and play his songs at the same time isn't hard, compared to what people like Joe Satriani, the man from Metallica(i allways forget who is who in metallica coz i don't really like them) and even izzy and duff do.

actually, i think soundgarden started grunge, nirvana popularized it i believe... and whoever mentioned satriani, 1:he cant sing, his singing sucks, 2:when hes singing he plays real simple guitar parts, like kurt did when he sang.

lol everyone is entitled to there own opinions, i personnaly can't stand Nivarna, the only song i ever liked was Smells like teen spirit, but the whole song is reptative and bores the SHlT out of me in the end and yes the guitar piece is PlSS, yes it's also hard to sing while you play someone elses guitar piece, but if you wrote the lyrics it's a hell of a lot easier to do both.

Kurt Cobain/Nirvana = SHlT music that never eevveerr appealed to me

Axl Rose/Guns n' Roses = the best music ever to be realeased into the world in which we live in

*The above comments are my personal feelings on Kurt Cobain*

[glow=black,2,300]Waxl[/glow]

Simplicity can be brilliance... my favorite song ever is probably Deftones - Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away), which largly consists of two chords, and contains about 10 words, but its beutifull and moving... to me anyway...

Maybe I will check it out-there has been mention of the def-tones on this forum before.

About Nirvana, I listened to them as a teenager almost 10 years ago, I suppose I grew out of their type of music. But I've never grown out of GNR, and I want my family to play 'Patience' at my funeral. Wait-that song might just make everyone start to bawl! Or maybe Pardise City, no being that I am a girl, that wouldn't work. I guess I have a while to think on that one.

For everyone else, Are you gonna have a song played at your funeral? Which one and Why?

axlrosegnr-very approprite, but if I was at a funeral and I heard that song, I think I would weep uncontrollably. But what the hell, you'll be gone anyhow!

Just kidding! ;D

Seriously, that would be cool.

estranged "maybe ill get it right next time", haha that would be funny...

but probably Deftones - Be Quiet and Drive (Far Away), the sentiment of the lyrics would be funny for a funeral, "This town dont feel mine, im fast to get away far, i dressed you in her clothes, so drive me far, away, it feels good to know youre all mine, now frive me far, away, i dont care where just far, i dont care someplace far, away far"... i love that song, when i listen to it, all my troubles just wash away, everything bad in my life just washes over me, its an escape...

'It's So Easy,' 'Perfect Crime,' 'I Don't Care About You,' 'Garden of Eden' when I'm pissed off...which is often...

'Patience,' 'November Rain,' 'Sweet Child O' Mine,' 'The Blues,' 'Don't Cry' for other shit

Hmm.. funeral songs .. that's quite the topic.  What about ''Coma'' -- kidding..kidding..

Actually, I agree ''Don't Cry'' would be a great song for a funeral... Cool.

How did we get onto this topic though -- Are people starting to think their funeral will come sooner than Axl's next album?

Eh eh Little Witch are you so terrible?! ;D

;)Great idea: a GNR song for my funeral (well, in Italy we don't play songs at funerals!).... probably I will choose Estranged, but I'm not sure I've never thought about it!

Useless to say if I marry I want November Rain !!!

Now I reply to the original topic on Cobain.... like many of you I really didn't appreciate him or Nirvana. I found their songs not so brilliant and he had a terrible voice.

If I have to say the truth I feel pity for him because of his wife (a real b***h) and because  his brain was full of heroine....

we don't play song at funeral here, but i will defenetly gonna play SCOM for my wedding, it's a very romantic song.

And it will make me so happy to hear axl voice on my wedding. i won't let it sing by the wedding singer, i'm gonna play the CD for this one.