How Long Will it Take??

silent_bob2002

Don't get me wrong here, i'm looking 4ward to Chinese Democracy as much as ne1 else here. But i was just wondering how long do u reckon it will take, when he get back in the spotlight, for Axl to implode and flip out about things again n maybe disappear (again). Do u think he has changed mentally (i know he's quit drugs, drink n smokin) or do u reckon he'll be the same old Axl??

I hope he's the same, i know the band would be a walking time bomb like the old line-up but this is what gives him that edge, n its always funny to see what he gets up 2 next, who he can insult n what trouble he can cause. + he'll show what these supposed (sell out) 'rebels' wot it all about!!!

;D

Only time will tell.  A lot of people are sitting on the edge of their seat waiting on this album (me too), but remember most of us have waited almost a decade for it, and now it's almost finished (we hope) so we just need a little more patience. In the mean time I am hunting up old bootlegs and rare finds to keep me satisfied. So in the unlikely event we don't get an album, I still have plenty GNR. ROCK ON!

Axl is a genius living in the wrong time, his work won't fully be appreciated until long after he's gone. He is an extreme example of "Misunderstood"  In the mould of someone like John Lennon.

I can`t belive they rank GnR as 43 best band ever.. Though it was Spin it just shows how far ahead he is of his time.. Korn at 48 and Outkast at 44..

These are groups that has done nothing extraordinary within the music, they where first to make the music they make poppy but other than that they are just pathetic..

Axl and GnR on the other hand has made classics like November Rain and Sweet Child O' Mine, these are songs that will never die while these crap musicians I mentioned above here will be away rigth after the release of GnR`s new album :)

• Like 1

well most of these magazines just love woteva is popular, right now its nu-metal, so thats wot they reckon rock is, but i think none of these nu-metal are even a patch on GnR, they will never be legendary like the members of GnR are. so we have nothin to fear there, and we dont need a magazine 'list' to know how great GnR really are.

I also have that Classic Rock magazine, they seem to be the only magazine who can grasp wot Axl is really about n y he is the way he is. A genius, definitley misunderstood and underestimated.

I agree with Guada-GNR created Don't Cry, November Rain, Sweet Child, Patience....I mean the list goes on and on. These are songs that will never die. They definatly should have made better than 43! Some of the other bands on the list can only be recognized by one or two hit songs. But legends like GNR & Nirvana brought rock and roll to a new level (at different points in time of course) and should have been acknowledged.

Actually Mike "Get in the Ring" Wall is the editor of Classic Rock, I only think he know that GnR sell magazines anytime, even I bougth it! :)

But atleast he is giving us articles on GnR.. :)

Nirvana got a 5.place in Spin! I even thougth they where a bit overrated considering that Rolling Stones got 9.place...

It doesnt seem as if GnR will be known as one of the greatest bands ever for a long time in these magazines, but the only thing that really matters is that GnR now releases another kick-ass album! :)

I think that in time they will be recognized for their music. (i hope) years from now when sweet child and others are still getting air time will people notice. No one else has written such beautiful rock balleds before.

where can I see this list?

Nirvana got a 5. place!!?? Thats fucking INSANE!!

Dont get me wrong, I have been listening to nirvana and still do now and then. But... Their music is way to plane to be rated that high! Lets be honest, every song has the same recipy and the same expresion over it. Nirvana can only make one type of music while gnr can play several types of music.

EKS ---> Estranged vs. Right next door to hell! It shows the wide specter whitin gnr when they can make the best epic songs ever and at the same time make brilliant punk and rock songs!!

I have no what so ever respect for the spin-list.. bands like run dmc (14.) and beastie boys (10.) should not even been there! The doors and Queen are not even on the shitty list! Jeezes!

SHIT...that list is so fukin screwup, anyone who made that is defenetly don't know nything 'bout music.

I'm not saying this just 'cause they put GNR on 43, but as Hokie said, they don't even put Queen there and the stones under Nirvana, how twisted is that.

thx GOD thy still put zepellin and beatles above ....this list is sick. >:(

Im sittin´her listenin´ to Iron Maiden (the old stuff, offcourse), and it struck me once again; the pregnant list don´t know jack´s red ass about music!!!  

Iron Maiden deserves a place on the list!

Maiden is the most copied band thru all times! If you listen to the new hip-hop-crap as foreksample System of a down, slipknot and all those others new bands, you can actually hear maiden rifs in an other wrapping!!  well, well my michelle...

• 2 years later...