Which Guitar Should I Get?

http://www.americanmusical.com/images/b/p15032b.jpg

or

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics...s/51/519917.jpg

The prices are pretty much the same from were im getting them so money isnt an issue. i like the 24 frets and tremolo on the PRS but i like the quality and sound on the Les Paul

Very tough

Edited by Ringo

get a normal guitar if youre gettinig one, stART with a squier or whatever :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i did start out with a squir and have had an ESP for a long time and its time to get one i can really work with.

i wouldn't be stupid enough to buy a PRS or Gibson as a first guitar!

hey first couple responders... have you ever picked up a guitar? have you ever played a guitar? did you even bother to look at the two he is between? It's a fucking PRS and a Les Paul Standard. Regular stock guitars don't get much more expensive. I think he's fairly experienced :rolleyes:

Are you able to try them out before you buy them? if so, buy the one that feels the best and sounds the best. and try it out an a amp that i similar to the one you have.

It also depends on what sound you're looking for. the Gibson has hotter pickups, and will give you better distortion in my opinion.

and also, what kinda amp do you have?

Are you able to try them out before you buy them? if so, buy the one that feels the best and sounds the best. and try it out an a amp that i similar to the one you have.

It also depends on what sound you're looking for. the Gibson has hotter pickups, and will give you better distortion in my opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have played them both at a guitar center by my house and i love em both. i have a Line 6 Spider II 120watt(that is better than any other amp ever built) and i have played them both off that type of amp.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i have played them both at a guitar center by my house and i love em both. i have a Line 6 Spider II 120watt(that is better than any other amp ever built) and i have played them both off that type of amp.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well then it's up to you to decide. get the one you like the best(duh!).

Personally i'd get the les paul because of the 22 frets and hotter pickups.

http://www.americanmusical.com/images/b/p15032b.jpg

or

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics...s/51/519917.jpg

The prices are pretty much the same from were im getting them so money isnt an issue. i like the 24 frets and tremolo on the PRS but i like the quality and sound on the Les Paul

Very tough

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey can we get a audio sample of what you can play?

Maybe that would help some of us give you an honest answer and hence keep in close check with reality

Dude, get a Fender Strat, better than overpriced crappy Gibson.

And if your starting out get a Squier Strat, and a little Solid State amp i reconmend the Roland Cube 30

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow, great advice there :rolleyes:

Have you even played a Gibson?

he already said he's not starting out.

yes i have, my uncle owns an 82 Gibson Les Paul Standard and also owns a 76 Fender Stratocaster.

Strats are more versitile and overall sound better too me, Les Pauls sound too muddy too me, and the Action on a Strat is a dream compared to the Les Paul, Strats are much more comfortable to play.

I hate people who start out by buying the most expensive and most attractive guitar that they can afford. Think of it as a new car, a learner doesnt drive around in a £25,000 ferrari. You have to earn the right to play on guitars of such beauty.

yes i have, my uncle owns an 82 Gibson Les Paul Standard and also owns a 76 Fender Stratocaster.

Strats are more versitile and overall sound better too me, Les Pauls sound too muddy too me, and the Action on a Strat is a dream compared to the Les Paul, Strats are much more comfortable to play.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can alter the action to what you prefer the most, and if he likes the feel of a les paul neck he should buy it.

Dude, get a Fender Strat, better than overpriced crappy Gibson.

And if your starting out get a Squier Strat, and a little Solid State amp i reconmend the Roland Cube 30

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fenders suck horribly. There're okayish for blues or jazzy like things. but that's it.

Les Paul Standards arre like the guitars of the gods. I mean, I've only played one once. I've never played a PRS.

The action is TOO good on a Fender. It actually hinders. You have to have it just right. plus buzzing often becomes a problem.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

I hate people who start out by buying the most expensive and most attractive guitar that they can afford. Think of it as a new car, a learner doesnt drive around in a £25,000 ferrari. You have to earn the right to play on guitars of such beauty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

uhh... again... who said he was a learner? the guy has some experience. I mean, I don't know if he is the next Eddie Van Halen or Neal Schon, but he has some years backing him up. Sheesh it's like everybody just assumes everyone on the forum sucks at guitar and has been playing for a year max. and will probably wind up quitting. :rolleyes:

ONCE AGAIN I AM NOT JUST STARTING OOUUTT!

ive do have some years on my back. ill try to post an audio sample but its hard. my band plays psychadelic mixed with metal and i need something that is good for both. i would get a strat but its hard for me to find one i like that has more than 21 frets,

:D i can play eruption better than eddie van halen :D

thats what my friends tell me but i dunno i think i might get the PRS now though