Who Else Here HATES Emo

Ringo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the people at my school are emo. I don't hate them but i find the way they dress is dumb. I find it funny how they try to do a rip off version of early 80's style(tight pants, shirts and wierd hair style) and mix i with new age ghetto clothing(let your cloths hang off their body). I also hate the music. But, them as people, no. I have friends who are emo, emo is just another social thing; all they want to do is "fit in" a group.

Some of the people at my school are emo. I don't hate them but i find the way they dress is dumb. I find it funny how they try to do a rip off version of early 80's style(tight pants, shirts and wierd hair style) and mix i with new age ghetto clothing(let your cloths hang off their body). I also hate the music. But, them as people, no. I have friends who are emo, emo is just another social thing; all they want to do is "fit in" a group.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i talking about the music...cause i have friends that are emo tooim still trying to convert them away from it! :D

FUCK EMO! I hate it! Goddamn those whining bastards should be shot to death!

"Boo-hoo-hoo, my girlfriend left me! boo-hoo-hoo the system sucks."

What the fuck is wrong with them?! Cant they be happy for once and not whine for like one day??!?

Jesus, fuck emo. Boys should stop acting like 14 year olds and start living like adults. <_<

WTF is emo?name some bands

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"emotional music"

bands that filter through to my brain are...

like yesterday

thursday

my chemical romance

and then there's "screamo" music like taking back sunday :scared:

i abhor the music sound especially the singing incapabilities...i don't care what they wear or how they try to "fit in" it's all the same teenage bullshit

does anybody else hear distinct influence from the rush singer... ?:unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i talking about the music...cause i have friends that are emo tooim still trying to convert them away from it! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keep making fun of them, they will change

i've coverted 4 of my emo friends (i think one of them i a member here , but he never post rock3 )

4 down 6 more to go rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Keep making fun of them, they will change

i've coverted 4 of my emo friends (i think one of them i a member here , but he never post rock3 )

4 down 6 more to go rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha...keep up the good work...

as for me...i just leave them be...

too lazy i guess :sleeper:

I hate Emo as much as i hate Hip-Hop and Rap, which i hate alot.

I think John Entwistle (RIP) AKA Greatest Bassist Ever sums it up the best:

"I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band..."

"I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band..."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Old rap isn't bad. It's the new stuff thats awful. Well, i like the old rap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

His replacement, Pino Palladino, is the funniest, strangest, most awkward looking person I have ever seen. He's like... a pigeon crossed with a kangaroo.

The term 'emo' orginally described the emotional hardcore bands of the mid 80s, back then it actually had a recognised, definite meaning, Rites of Spring, Lifetime, Embrace, Fugazi (sort of) Husker Du (sort of). Now, the term has lost its validity, it is applied to anything from pop-punk bands to metalcore bands with shitty lyrics that relate blood and weaponary to relationships with girls...

Its a shame because it is difficult to use any other term to desribe the sound of great bands like Mineral, Rites of Spring, Jawbreaker and The Promise Ring, I just hope the current trends in mainstream, major label 'emo' die away so that it can regain some creditability as a term to denote a distinctive musical style that evolved in a specific time period. I love emo, but I also hate it.