Best Pink Floyd Song

Ringo

Eclipse, Dogs, Have a Cigar, Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Mother, Wish You Were Here

ok, I know I have been a major culprit here, too... but has anyone else noticed the Pink Floyd fever on the board lately? It's insane!

This is almost as much a Floyd forum as a Gn'R forum lately.

Dogs, Echoes, Atom Heart Mother: Father's Shout/Breast Milky/Mother Fore/Funky Dung/Mind Your Throats Please/Remergence, Time, Comfortably Numb, Young Lust, The Narrow Way pt 3, Shine on you Crazy Diamond pts 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

*waits for lumiere to start bitching*

Funnily enough, I was about to say *Waits for Username to post pretentious crap* but, yeah. My thoughts:

Brain Damage / Eclipse

Two incredible songs. Brain Damage has an incredible chorus, and Eclipse is the epitome of catharsis. The purging of all emotion. Also the only songs on DSOTM that Rog sings.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Genius, the clear highlight of the exceedingly overrated WYWH LP. I think it's definitely one of Floyd's greatest tracks.

Echoes

My favourite Floyd track, I think....

Bike

Fun little nursery rhyme-esque track. I think it's unbearably cute (like The Gnome), and fairly avant-garde and innovative for the time.

Dogs

Fuck Echoes, this is the stuff dreams are made of. Biting lyrics, Gilmour's best solos...my, my, my.

Pigs (three different ones)

Incredible bassline. Another favourite.

Interstellar Overdrive

Interstellar Overdrive is one of the most insane things ever recorded, and it's entirely improvised. Madness.

Time

Obvious choice, really. The segue into Breathe Reprise is superb.

Money

I like it, but it strikes me as worryingly simple compared to Time and Great Gig In The Sky.

Astronomy Dominé

More acid tinged madness from Mr. Syd. Love it.

Pigs On The Wing

I just love Animals. Not amazing songs in their own right, but great acoustic bookends. Rog may not have had an amazing way with melodies, but he could write superb acoustic ditties.

Comfortably Numb

Overplayed. But decent.

Wish You Were Here

Don't like it. Strikes me as incoherent.

See Emily Play

Genius. The second PF single, reaches #3, PF play Top Of The Pops? Madness.

Learning To Fly

Hmm. It's OK, I suppose. A tad synthetic.

Time, Money, Shine On, Dogs, Comfortably Numb, Echoes, See Emily Play, Hey You, Young Lust, Wish You Were Here.

I haven't actually listened to Floyd in a while. Should go listen to some soon.

*waits for lumiere to start bitching*

Funnily enough, I was about to say *Waits for Username to post pretentious crap* but, yeah. My thoughts:

Brain Damage / Eclipse

Two incredible songs. Brain Damage has an incredible chorus, and Eclipse is the epitome of catharsis. The purging of all emotion. Also the only songs on DSOTM that Rog sings.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Genius, the clear highlight of the exceedingly overrated WYWH LP. I think it's definitely one of Floyd's greatest tracks.

Echoes

My favourite Floyd track, I think....

Bike

Fun little nursery rhyme-esque track. I think it's unbearably cute (like The Gnome), and fairly avant-garde and innovative for the time.

Dogs

Fuck Echoes, this is the stuff dreams are made of. Biting lyrics, Gilmour's best solos...my, my, my.

Pigs (three different ones)

Incredible bassline. Another favourite.

Interstellar Overdrive

Interstellar Overdrive is one of the most insane things ever recorded, and it's entirely improvised. Madness.

Time

Obvious choice, really. The segue into Breathe Reprise is superb.

Money

I like it, but it strikes me as worryingly simple compared to Time and Great Gig In The Sky.

Astronomy Dominé

More acid tinged madness from Mr. Syd. Love it.

Pigs On The Wing

I just love Animals. Not amazing songs in their own right, but great acoustic bookends. Rog may not have had an amazing way with melodies, but he could write superb acoustic ditties.

Comfortably Numb

Overplayed. But decent.

Wish You Were Here

Don't like it. Strikes me as incoherent.

See Emily Play

Genius. The second PF single, reaches #3, PF play Top Of The Pops? Madness.

Learning To Fly

Hmm. It's OK, I suppose. A tad synthetic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree with everything said here except that i like wish you were here (i played it at the school talent show) except now i'm sick of it...

money sticks out too much in DSOTM...it doesn't fucking flow...SKIP SKIP SKIP!

yeah...that's it and now for my own favorite to add of course

the great gig in the sky

a hero's return

the gnome..

you took just about everything else :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Remember, in the days of vinyl, Money wasn't just another track in the running order; it began side 2, and was thus meant to begin the side afresh. It's not meant to segue with Great Gig In The Sky (indeed, the segue on DSOTM CDs is entirely new).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Remember, in the days of vinyl, Money wasn't just another track in the running order; it began side 2, and was thus meant to begin the side afresh. It's not meant to segue with Great Gig In The Sky (indeed, the segue on DSOTM CDs is entirely new).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My theory is that it is supposed to stick out. The lyrics suggest that money is such a huge part of people's lives, but that it's really insignificant when all is said and done, and the fact that the track sticks out so much and doesn't flow as well I think further emphasizes the fact that money has such a hold on our lives.