US Rock vs English Rock

HeadBanger

Which's one the best?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well the UK had all the classic rock like the beatles, the who, the stones, the kinks, led zepplin...

then again the states had Hendrix, which was the most influencial guitarist of all times.

for punk the uk had the sex pistols and the clash, the us the ramones and the nydolls ...

all that to say that i can't make up my mind and i have absolutely no point whatsoever.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the UK had all the classic rock like the beatles, the who, the stones, the kinks, led zepplin...

then again the states had Hendrix, which was the most influencial guitarist of all times.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then again Slash was one of the most influencial guitarist and he came from uk.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Slash is not influencial, which is a shame

There has been no one like Slash since Slash himself, the genre of Hard Rock died when Guns N' Roses died.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i dunno if slash counts as a UK artist cuz gnr, although all the members r not 100% american, has always been considered a US band, and slash is also half american.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well i dunno if slash counts as a UK artist cuz gnr, although all the members r not 100% american, has always been considered a US band, and slash is also half american.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cause slash counts as a uk artist, for me he represents the UK :)

i cant believe in a topic of American bands of rock n roll only 1 person mentioned Aerosmith who are easily the most influential and best rock n roll band from America they heavily inspired Guns n Roses and ac/dc and van halen and metallica all who have said they were influnced by aero even poppier bands like r.e.m and bon jovi have said Aerosmith were major influence on them ive never really heard any major band credit guns n roses sure there has been bands who said they influenced them but no1 really all that good and yes just push play was horrible and so was dont wanna miss a thing but Aerosmith deserve alot more credit than they get Steven tyler and Joe perry still sound and look so fucking cool

unlike rolling stones and led zeppelin although i love both bands Aerosmith still play well on albums and tours

- 50's = US Rock

60's - 70's = Brit Rock

80's - 90's = US Rock

00's = Looks set to be a Brit Decade

Therefore, considering the 60's and 70's kick the shit outta all other decades, and Brit rock was 10x better than anything around that time, Brit Rock wins!

why are you here?

seriously, in every post you bash someones musical taste

and you dont seem to have ANY interest in gnr

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He has his own tastes. Leave him alone. Not everyone has to be a fan of guns & roses...

Well, it had to be Britain, didn't it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then why is he on a Guns N' Roses fan forum? I don't know if he posts in the VR section but still...a fan site to talk about a band, not bash other people..

US. I love english rock and all, but US just does it for me. GN'R, Metallica, Pantera, Nine Inch Nails, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Soundgarden and the list goes on...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dude don't ever say nine inch nails is rock music!

australian rock kicks everyone's ass, :D ac/dc, INXS, silverhcair, jet ain't deep purple australian?. bee gee's..........wait forget that one :lol:

US. I love english rock and all, but US just does it for me. GN'R, Metallica, Pantera, Nine Inch Nails, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Soundgarden and the list goes on...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dude don't ever say nine inch nails is rock music!

australian rock kicks everyone's ass, :D ac/dc, INXS, silverhcair, jet ain't deep purple australian?. bee gee's..........wait forget that one :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah Aussie music is awesome, but don't forget COLD CHISEL! they are pure australian.

LOL and Deep Purple are as English as they come

i cant believe in a topic of American bands of rock n roll only 1 person mentioned Aerosmith who are easily the most influential and best rock n roll band from America they heavily inspired Guns n Roses and ac/dc and van halen and metallica all who have said they were influnced by aero even poppier bands like r.e.m and bon jovi have said Aerosmith were major influence on them ive never really heard any major band credit guns n roses sure there has been bands who said they influenced them but no1 really all that good and yes just push play was horrible and so was dont wanna miss a thing but Aerosmith deserve alot more credit than they get Steven tyler and Joe perry still sound and look so fucking cool

unlike rolling stones and led zeppelin although i love both bands Aerosmith still play well on albums and tours

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree, Aerosmith is the best american rock n roll band

- 50's  =  US Rock

60's - 70's  =  Brit Rock

80's - 90's  =  US Rock

00's =  Looks set to be a Brit Decade

Therefore, considering the 60's and 70's kick the shit outta all other decades, and Brit rock was 10x better than anything around that time, Brit Rock wins!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats a very clever way of looking at it!

I voted for Brit rock because overall I think there are more classic bands from UK, but its stupid really since my fave bands are all from the US (GnR and Smashing Pumpkins). hmm. *votes again*

aussieaxl, AC/DC aren't 100% Australian.  Angus and Malcolm and Bon were Scottish.  And I think Brian Johnson is a Geordie.

In my opinion, USA makes a lot of good bands but UK always makes the great pioneering bands.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just thought i let you know Brian Johnson is a geordie you thought right :D thts why he was in a band called Geordie