US Rock vs English Rock

HeadBanger

Which's one the best?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who do you think inspired us bands like GNR (If you want to call them a us band)

Bands like Rolling stones, Led zeppelin,pink floyd ETC ETC ETC

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good point, but who do you think inspired thoses bands?????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Them selves :)

So who do you think inspired us bands like GNR (If you want to call them a us band)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you seriously suggesting GNR could be referred to as anything other than an American band?Last I checked Hollywood is in the USA. Even if Slash was born in UK, hes lives in LA most of his life and the other guys are from Indiana, America's heartland, Duff's from Seattle I think Steve was from LA also

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so ur telling me these bands invented rock n' roll?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im telling you they invented there own rock N roll do you see a band like led zeppelin?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im telling you they invented there own rock N roll do you see a band like led zeppelin?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the fact that they invented their own rock n' roll doesn't mean that they did not inspire them selves of anyone else. if u listen to the early led zep albums you'll see that they r very blues influenced.

aussieaxl, AC/DC aren't 100% Australian.  Angus and Malcolm and Bon were Scottish.  And I think Brian Johnson is a Geordie.

In my opinion, USA makes a lot of good bands but UK always makes the great pioneering bands.

Sure, but they formed in Australia and consider themselves an Australian band. ;)

Pommy-rock for me.

aussieaxl, AC/DC aren't 100% Australian.  Angus and Malcolm and Bon were Scottish.  And I think Brian Johnson is a Geordie.

In my opinion, USA makes a lot of good bands but UK always makes the great pioneering bands.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure, but they formed in Australia and consider themselves an Australian band. ;)

Pommy-rock for me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cool ac/dc has got scottish peep's rock3

I never knew they were born in scotland that fuckin rule's B)

I can tell you which won by a band that begins with "B" and finished with "eatles".

And others: Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, even Eric Clapton came out from the U.K.

U.S. rock is too much of a mouthful, if you know what I mean. U.K. music flows in a nicer way and it is often a bit shorter.

- 50's  =  US Rock

60's - 70's  =  Brit Rock

80's - 90's  =  US Rock

00's =  Looks set to be a Brit Decade

Therefore, considering the 60's and 70's kick the shit outta all other decades, and Brit rock was 10x better than anything around that time, Brit Rock wins!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry but i think the 90´s wasnt US Rock the one who ruled the world... I mean Guns n Roses ended with The Spaghetti Incident? (1993), and Nirvana ended with MTV Unplugged In New York (1994). Then Oasis kicked the music scene in 1994 and the whole britpop also (blur, the verve, radiohead, pulp..... all those bands) so i think that is fair enough to give US rock and Brit rock as a tie in the 90´s, cause US rock ruled the first half of the 90´s, and Brit rock ruled the other half of the 90´s.

Edited by Guns&Oasis

Pommy-rock for me.

cool ac/dc has got scottish peep's rock3

I never knew they were born in scotland that fuckin rule's B)

Heh -- That's where Bon Scott got his name. His real one is Ronald Belford Scott, but at school people used to give him shit for his accent by calling him "The Bonny Scott". Shortened to Bon, and you gotta name. B)

Angus and Mal were both Scottish as well, very proud of it too.

Oh -- And the bagpipes in "Long Way To The Top" -- Again, stemming from Bon playing pipes in a school band and being Scottish etc.

;)

The Beach Boys, Creedence, Allman Bros., NY Dolls, The Stooges, Velvet Underground, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin etc are very good.

But yeah, english. Just because of Joy Division.

Edited by Ferrari