Green Day Fails To Impress Punk Idol

neatd99

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wise words from Diggle. They must feel a bit put down.

What a bunch of american idiots.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wise words, my ass! Diggle's just gone right down in my estimation, what a snooty attitude to have, he makes himself sound like a bitter old man who's pissed because his generation has passed. I love the Buzzcocks music and have grown up on it, and im sure that a lot of kids out there have gotten into the Buzzcocks through Green day saying they are cool. Put it this way, if Green day do the same thing to another band in 20 years time, then i'll be ashamed of them.

I cant understand why you all think this is a cool way to be, lets slag off the band of today because im old now and how dare they play the same brand of music as us?

What the hell makes the Buzzcocks any more punk than Green day anyway? because they were born before them?! most of their songs were about love and girls and they were signed to a major and correct me if im wrong here, but im sure they tried to make as much money as possible, something Green day have now done big style.

In any case, at this point i know whose repitoire i'd rather have

Its Diggle that should be embarrased not Green day, hell he didn't even write the songs, stupid elitist old punk fart! :lol:

Someone really needs to give a clear definition of these 3 genres :

Punk Rock

Punk

Pop Punk

What is in the criteria of the 3 ?????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Punk Rock and Punk are basicly the same, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Clash are in this genre.

Pop Punk and Pop Rock are the same too, Green day, Good Charlotte, And Sum 41 are in this genre, They're just people who act punk and make shit music.

Yeh buts its a tentitive scenario. I know greenday dont fall under punk rock thats for sure, cause punk rock is tongue and cheek i guess. You cant have full on serious ballads like when september ends etc... But you cant really call them punk pop cause there not as lame as your simple plan's, and good charlotte's etc...........

Someone really needs to give a clear definition of these 3 genres :

Punk Rock

Punk

Pop Punk

What is in the criteria of the 3 ?????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Punk Rock and Punk are basicly the same, The Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Clash are in this genre.

Pop Punk and Pop Rock are the same too, Green day, Good Charlotte, And Sum 41 are in this genre, They're just people who act punk and make shit music.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Punk rock is dead, i fucking killed it" Billie Joe Armstrong.

Diggle is friggin right THEYRE NOT PUNKS and screw anyone that think they are theyd prolli have the crap scared out of them by people like Johnny Rotten lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shame Johnny Rotten's too fat and old to even get it up any more then isnt it? <_<

SHIT FUCKING HELL

GREENDAY ARENT PUNKS fucking damnitt

im soooo sick of people calling them punkers and rockers and bullshit. there fucking emo and they destroy great songs like we are the champions and hell all music. :anger::fuckyou:

he probably knew who they were he was just so disgraced by them (as any true rocker would be) going around getting credit for being punks when they are emo. you know he hates them too... :anger::fuckyou:

SHIT FUCKING HELL

im soooo sick of people calling them punkers and rockers and bullshit. there fucking emo and they destroy great songs like we are the champions and hell all music. :anger:  :fuckyou:

he probably knew who they were he was just so disgraced by them (as any true rocker would be) going around getting credit for being punks when they are emo. you know he hates them too... :anger:  :fuckyou:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They've been around a lot longer than the stupid term 'emo'and will be around long after the term is dead. Face it, you hate the fact they are succesful because you dislike their music and as for Diggle, he is a jealous cunt who wasn't even the talent behind The Buzzcocks anyway.

Glen Matlock of the Pistols says they have real talent and that is coming from someone who had a hand in WRITING the actual songs, if his opinion isn't valid, then i don't know whose is. <_<

SHIT FUCKING HELL

im soooo sick of people calling them punkers and rockers and bullshit. there fucking emo and they destroy great songs like we are the champions and hell all music. :anger:  :fuckyou:

he probably knew who they were he was just so disgraced by them (as any true rocker would be) going around getting credit for being punks when they are emo. you know he hates them too... :anger:  :fuckyou:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They've been around a lot longer than the stupid term 'emo'and will be around long after the term is dead. Face it, you hate the fact they are succesful because you dislike their music and as for Diggle, he is a jealous cunt who wasn't even the talent behind The Buzzcocks anyway.

Glen Matlock of the Pistols says they have real talent and that is coming from someone who had a hand in WRITING the actual songs, if his opinion isn't valid, then i don't know whose is. <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you a dumbass or what? i never said they were always emo, i mean NOW their emo and gay in everyway possible. im not jealous of them for being famous i hate them for being famous with no talent when actual good bands deserve more. and anyways you shouldnt be basing how good they are on what some sex pistol said

THEY SUCK GET OVER IT :Drock3

haha excellent I hate Greenday, they suck ass.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really?, coming from someone who quotes Ted Nugent, that does surprise me! <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

whoa whoa whoa watch what you say about ted nugent.....he's miles beyond what greenday will ever be....even old greenday whom i respect.....ted nugent will still kick their collective, sold-out asses

Edited by slashrocks

this is the stupidest fucking thread ever.
are you a dumbass or what? i never said they were always emo, i mean NOW their emo and gay in everyway possible.

and you're an idiot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

uhh im an idiot? :blink:

take a look at what your sig says buddy ;)

beside the point, love.

i wouldnt mind if you, or anyone, here came up with a rational argument from time to time as to why they dont like something, a few do thankfully, but its kind of hard to debate with someone who's skills range from 'omg tehy suck' to 'omg tehy r gay'.

SHIT FUCKING HELL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you a dumbass or what? i never said they were always emo, i mean NOW their emo and gay in everyway possible. im not jealous of them for being famous i hate them for being famous with no talent when actual good bands deserve more. and anyways you shouldnt be basing how good they are on what some sex pistol said

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

D'ya know what? you're right, i AM a dumbass and your post has made me realise that they are in fact 'gay', i shall now realise the error of my ways and stop liking a band i have liked for, oooh, 11 or 12 years?

I will now be relying on you to guide me through both old and modern music and tell me what is 'gay' and what isn't, i guess The Smiths, Queen, Pet Shop Boys, and George Michael are all out then, yeah?!

Edited by nunchuck

SHIT FUCKING HELL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

D'ya know what? you're right, i AM a dumbass and your post has made me realise that they are in fact 'gay', i shall now realise the error of my ways and stop liking a band i have liked for, oooh, 11 or 12 years?

I will now be relying on you to guide me through both old and modern music and tell me what is 'gay' and what isn't, i guess The Smiths, Queen, Pet Shop Boys, and George Michael are all out then, yeah?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well im glad you finally decided to cooperate

Queen is good but i dont know about the rest of them.....

beside the point, love.

i wouldnt mind if you, or anyone, here came up with a rational argument from time to time as to why they dont like something, a few do thankfully, but its kind of hard to debate with someone who's skills range from 'omg tehy suck' to 'omg tehy r gay'.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

like i said

they have no talent and are getting all the credit while other, more talented bands deserve it...they all suck at their instruments, you can tell they spend maybe 5 min coming up with their stuff, EVEN THEIR SOLOS. They pose as rebel punkers when everyone knows they arent, wich pisses me off A LOT. i know punk bands that deserve a lot of dredit. even though i dont really like punk music The Casualties are pretty good. bands like Dream Theater are all MASTERS at their instuments andd have loads of talent and no one knows who they are because bands like green day move into mainstream and screw everyone from listening to good music :anger:

peace ;)

you can tell they spend maybe 5 min coming up with their stuff, EVEN THEIR SOLOS

they're not fucking helloween, they're to be considered a 'pop punk' band, so the msic doesnt need to be fucking rocket science.

bands like Dream Theater are all MASTERS at their instuments andd have loads of talent and no one knows who they are because bands like green day move into mainstream and screw everyone from listening to good music

thats absoloutely hilarious. most people have heard of dream theatre because they're hilariously self indulgent toss, again, they're not a band really suited to be on top of the pops playing 13 minute epics with time changes and mad tempo switches. dream theatre are not not unpopular either they can sell out a venue in old london town in a short space of time no trouble, so im sure they're not living in poverty and squalor thanks to green day, specially if portnoy can afford a frigging drum kit of that size. just because they're so self indulgent doesnt make them masters of anything, the music just doesnt cash the cheque, a band like hella are just as technical and there's only two of them, at least they try.

green day are popular, and always have been, because they write catchy pop/rock/punk songs easily pallatable for anyone with a passing interest in 'alt' music, simple like, i like them, they're a decent band, and they've been on top of their game for a long time so im sure they're not arsed or guilty about dream theatre losing out a bit.

not really 'punk in a strict sense, they dont sound like a 77 band or an 82 band, just a west coast pop punk band like the queers or summat. and the emo thing, not like they've only been recently writing songs with 'emotional' sides to them, a lot of the early stuff like dry ice, when i come around was on dookie, time of your life on nimrod, most of warning.

rambled on there but its ridiculously annoying seeing these 'debates' consisting off 'they r fags :fuckyou:'.

thanks

xx

alright first of all you keep saying that i keep saying there fags, wich i havent said once this whole time. to say dream theater has talent is like saying green day has talent. the reason i hate pop rock shit is because they cant play and cant write music to save their lives, thats just the way i am, and to see them getting all the credit fries me :devil:

i dont care if people like them or listen to them. but when they start saying that punk is like green day it pisses me off cause they arent. i dont know about in egland but i know in california Dream Theater isnt very known.

so PLEASE NO ONE CALL GREEN DAY OR ANYTHING CLOSE TO GREENDAY PUNK :kiss: