Green Day Fails To Impress Punk Idol

neatd99

the reason i hate pop rock shit is because they cant play and cant write music to save their lives

yes they can, decent enough pop songs, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, middle 8, chorus, can play chords, competent solo's, again, the solo on 'dry ice' is a nice example.

but when they start saying that punk is like green day it pisses me off cause they arent.

it is more or less, arguable whether its possible to be a millionaire and still be punk, but the genre is just another offshoot of punk, pop punk.

if you dont like it, switch mtv off and stop relying on them to give you decent music.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can tell they spend maybe 5 min coming up with their stuff, EVEN THEIR SOLOS

they're not fucking helloween, they're to be considered a 'pop punk' band, so the msic doesnt need to be fucking rocket science.

bands like Dream Theater are all MASTERS at their instuments andd have loads of talent and no one knows who they are because bands like green day move into mainstream and screw everyone from listening to good music

thats absoloutely hilarious. most people have heard of dream theatre because they're hilariously self indulgent toss, again, they're not a band really suited to be on top of the pops playing 13 minute epics with time changes and mad tempo switches. dream theatre are not not unpopular either they can sell out a venue in old london town in a short space of time no trouble, so im sure they're not living in poverty and squalor thanks to green day, specially if portnoy can afford a frigging drum kit of that size. just because they're so self indulgent doesnt make them masters of anything, the music just doesnt cash the cheque, a band like hella are just as technical and there's only two of them, at least they try.

green day are popular, and always have been, because they write catchy pop/rock/punk songs easily pallatable for anyone with a passing interest in 'alt' music, simple like, i like them, they're a decent band, and they've been on top of their game for a long time so im sure they're not arsed or guilty about dream theatre losing out a bit.

not really 'punk in a strict sense, they dont sound like a 77 band or an 82 band, just a west coast pop punk band like the queers or summat. and the emo thing, not like they've only been recently writing songs with 'emotional' sides to them, a lot of the early stuff like dry ice, when i come around was on dookie, time of your life on nimrod, most of warning.

rambled on there but its ridiculously annoying seeing these 'debates' consisting off 'they r fags :fuckyou:'.

thanks

xx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rock1 At last, someone that knows what the fuck they are talking about!

SHIT FUCKING HELL

GREENDAY ARENT PUNKS fucking damnitt

im soooo sick of people calling them punkers and rockers and bullshit. there fucking emo and they destroy great songs like we are the champions and hell all music. :anger:  :fuckyou:

he probably knew who they were he was just so disgraced by them (as any true rocker would be) going around getting credit for being punks when they are emo. you know he hates them too... :anger:  :fuckyou:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They've been around a lot longer than the stupid term 'emo'and will be around long after the term is dead. Face it, you hate the fact they are succesful because you dislike their music and as for Diggle, he is a jealous cunt who wasn't even the talent behind The Buzzcocks anyway.

Glen Matlock of the Pistols says they have real talent and that is coming from someone who had a hand in WRITING the actual songs, if his opinion isn't valid, then i don't know whose is. <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

are you a dumbass or what? i never said they were always emo, i mean NOW their emo and gay in everyway possible. im not jealous of them for being famous i hate them for being famous with no talent when actual good bands deserve more. and anyways you shouldnt be basing how good they are on what some sex pistol said

THEY SUCK GET OVER IT :Drock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

D'ya know what? you're right, i AM a dumbass and your post has made me realise that they are in fact 'gay', i shall now realise the error of my ways and stop liking a band i have liked for, oooh, 11 or 12 years?

I will now be relying on you to guide me through both old and modern music and tell me what is 'gay' and what isn't, i guess The Smiths, Queen, Pet Shop Boys, and George Michael are all out then, yeah?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well im glad you finally decided to cooperate

Queen is good but i dont know about the rest of them.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh dear, it seems you don't get me. Shall i break it down for you? i was merely listing bands/artists who have or have had a gay member in them, because of course if we were all to take you literally then liking any of these acts would be strictly out of bounds. I thought you'd get it but you didn't, and now i have to use your words and ask "ARE YOU A DUMBASSS OR SOMETHING?"