Best Album of 2005

GunsNHalen

What do you think the best album has been so far this year?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Out of Exile. This year has been a better year for <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=music&v=56">music</a> than in recent years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A contradiction in terms, surely?

Oh, and Strapping Young Lad - Alien.

Failing that, Dream Theater - Octavarium, or Nile - Annihilation Of The Wicked.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You’d seriously rate Alien as the best album of the year so far?

What’s wrong with Meshuggah's Catch 33? Positively the better album than Strapping Young Lads contribution.

Id go with Frances the Mute personally....oh god! The controversy!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id go with Frances the Mute personally....oh god! The controversy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yet to have bought it. Is it better than De-Loused?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's proggier, madder, more instrument based and epic...but, in part, it's quite incoherent. Fucking amazing album though, which you need to hear.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. It knocked me over sideways. 10 songs of inexorable rage and brutality. It really, really grew on me.

As for Meshuggah, I've yet to hear 33. I've heard a lot about the thing though; varying from "teh sixxorzest album evaaaaah" to "this is mundane, derivative shite".

Get Behind Me Satan is a good record. Full of good songs, it's a shame this type of album doesn't get the same attention more metal stuff does. I really like like Cold cold Night and there's that song about Sisters listen to your Mothers...

I find it strange that despite "With Teeth" being so good, it hasn't even went platinum yet. I hate the way the media treats music nowadays. Nine Inch Nails got tons of publicity the week before its release but once it came out the media just moved right along. However, Green Day's "American Idiot" is still getting press. No offense to Green Day though, I love their album. I just don't understand the media.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. It knocked me over sideways. 10 songs of inexorable rage and brutality. It really, really grew on me.

As for Meshuggah, I've yet to hear 33. I've heard a lot about the thing though; varying from "teh sixxorzest album evaaaaah" to "this is mundane, derivative shite".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes man, it's so fuckin' cool. :wub::kiss::heart:

You know, I didn't care much for "X&Y" at first but as I listened to it more it really grew on me. I get chills listening to track 12 "Twisted Logic," especially about 1:30 into the song where the band just pounds in. Amazing album.

Um.... CD..... O wait Im the only one that has a copy. I got it from the same person who stole Slash's hat.

SOAD Mezmerize

Can't wait for Hypnotize

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that.