don't rule out a pink floyd tour yet

quadlaser

I said it to my mate, Them playing at live 8 will spawn a whole new wave of young pink floyd fans. I've already got 4 of my mates who thought pink floyd were a gay old band for old people, once they saw them on live 8 they have all bought / downloaded dark side of the moon already... :D

I got a really good feeling they will tour again, but if its for charity i doubt it. Cause Live 8 aint charity, its a revolution if you will. They want to change that place (africa) for ever :|

i missed pink floyd when it first aired(saw most of live 8 and it was awesome but missed the part i wanted the most) but i downloaded a good quality vid off limewire and watched it earlier. almost brought me to tears how touching it was. Amazing performance. even at they're age they still have it. i'd love to see them tour again

they apparently just turned down a US tour offer worth 150 million dollars.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow :blink: . thats crazy. i would love to see them tour. i would get tickets and bring Axlander! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Axlander likes me more :P Just kiddin'. I would go crazy if they did tour, but it's not looking good :(

Q: Do you have any contact with Syd Barrett?

A: I read in a magazine, that he's now going blind because of diabetes. It's terribly sad. We don't see him, because apparently if he's ever reminded of Pink Floyd and when he was in it, he goes into a depression for weeks on end. His mother asked us to stay away a few years ago. Apparently, most of the time he's quite happy - or was - but our faces can trigger off a lapse. Would it have always happened or was it because of a huge overdose of acid ? Who knows. I suspect it was a bit of both. All I know is one week he was fine and a week later he turned up again and was completely different. It's just a terrible tragedy.

Holy shit, im reading up alot on syd. Poor bugga, i feel so sorry for him !!! It really is a tragedy :(

Q: Do you have any contact with Syd Barrett?

A: I read in a magazine, that he's now going blind because of diabetes. It's terribly sad. We don't see him, because apparently if he's ever reminded of Pink Floyd and when he was in it, he goes into a depression for weeks on end. His mother asked us to stay away a few years ago. Apparently, most of the time he's quite happy - or was - but our faces can trigger off a lapse. Would it have always happened or was it because of a huge overdose of acid ? Who knows. I suspect it was a bit of both. All I know is one week he was fine and a week later he turned up again and was completely different. It's just a terrible tragedy.

Holy shit, im reading up alot on syd. Poor bugga, i feel so sorry for him !!! It really is a tragedy :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:( That is really sad to hear

Guest gnr>everything

it really is sad...i mean he wud stand on stage and not play...i wonder what would happen now if you stuck him on stage with a guitar in his hand

Edited by gnr>everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow :blink: . thats crazy. i would love to see them tour. i would get tickets and bring Axlander! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:kiss: Love you too, Arielle.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Axlander likes me more :P Just kiddin'. I would go crazy if they did tour, but it's not looking good :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do? Lol