File help...

Almost Famous

I've just got done downloading Windows Media Player, and it is in a .stix file, what do I use to open it? I've got a mac. And, please don't tell me I've just wasted time downloading this only to find out I need something else...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I remember some kind of Stix thing on my old Atari? Surely it's not the same.

Now that we're talkin about "file help", the other day I DLed a CD off eMule but the files are .mcp :huh: Anyone know of a way to 'convert' these to mp3 so I can listen to in iTunes? Greatly appreciated :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A quick google brought this up: http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=mcp

R.

Axlander to run Windows Media Player on a MAC you need a temporary Windows emulator or driver, I have no idea what its called. But it works by tricking or changing some stuff on your computer for that 1 program to be able to run the Windows software.

I remember s post just like this but possibly from another forum on the same subject of MAC running Windows stuff.

Ive never heard of a .stix file estension and after searching for a few seconds I couldnt find anything being 90% of extensions are only 3 letters it bust be some hybrid thing because your on a MAC.

Might be able to find you a free program but I dont think it is worth the hassle being your on dial up, id say find a MAC affliated program or Real Player ect... somthing along those lines.

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

Axlander to run Windows Media Player on a MAC you need a temporary Windows emulator or driver, I have no idea what its called. But it works by tricking or changing some stuff on your computer for that 1 program to be able to run the Windows software.

I remember s post just like this but possibly from another forum on the same subject of MAC running Windows stuff.

Ive never heard of a .stix file estension and after searching for a few seconds I couldnt find anything being 90% of extensions are only 3 letters it bust be some hybrid thing because your on a MAC.

Might be able to find you a free program but I dont think it is worth the hassle being your on dial up, id say find a MAC affliated program or Real Player ect... somthing along those lines.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But, I had WMP on my old laptop. :unsure: I downloaded it and it worked fine.