Become the next "Slipknot" *

krissirge

"It's like a scary version of Kiss" - Slipknot are THE noise of the new millennium and what better way to celebrate by forming your own tribute band. Don't put too much effort into it as by following these easy steps world domination will be yours.

1) Wear frankly ridiculous masks that are far more attractive than your own features complimented with a contrived stage uniform. Choose boiler suits - they are cheap and require minimum effort.

2) Recruit as many friends as your have - nine should do. In case you fall short, grab unsuspecting victims off the street. And of course, musical ability is inessential.

3) It doesn't matter if you can't play guitar, as the sound will be tinny and unrecognisable anyway. If you can't hear the bassist, all the better.

4) Don't forget to add annoying DJ scratching over the top of said noise. Why? Who cares! The kids will just love it?

5) Play the drums as if you are Animal from The Muppets, a sense of rhythm is not required.

6) Tape approximately four minutes of noise and give it a title. It doesn't matter if you cannot reproduce the noise onstage, as fans will be too overpowered by your "madcap" live show to realise.

7) Most important rule - get Ross Robinson to produce said noise. Why not jump on the bandwagon as everything Mr Robinson does is hailed as a masterpiece.

8) Swear constantly throughout interviews and state how F**KING INTENSE everything is (even if you're a nice homeboy really)

9) Make sure onstage entertainment is increased by getting band members to beat each other with some frozen cow heads, just for, you know, sheer delight.

10) Congratulations, you are now Slipknot!

* Mushroomhead were rumoured to have used these tips (or was it the other way round....!)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not funny, those guys in Slipknot can really play.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh all you want, they can play. That's not even in doubt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they can play as much as any other nu metal band.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

better, their influences are Maiden, Metallica etc. Their drummer is already being toted as one of the best Metal drummers, up there with Dave Lombardo of Slayer, maybe faster.

The guitarists could put anybody to shame.

How do you find Slipknot shit when you like bands such as Mayhem and Cannibal Corpse?

Ah-Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some of the guys from Mayhem killed each other, or something like that. So regardless of their musical ablities or lack thereof, in the eyes of a TRUE metal fan, they are automatically the BEST metal band ever.

How do you find Slipknot shit when you like bands such as Mayhem and Cannibal Corpse?

Ah-Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some of the guys from Mayhem killed each other, or something like that. So regardless of their musical ablities or lack thereof, in the eyes of a TRUE metal fan, they are automatically the BEST metal band ever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I mentioned that back a few threads when krissirge asked if anyone liked him and he said it was "all bullshit, these guys don't know what they're talking about"

So he must like their musical ability.

Guest katie

Where are the 16 for inde?

can be real indie(eg the smiths), or fake indie(eg kaiser cheifs)

HURRY UP MAN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

I never used to like Slipknot but one of my mates had a few of their albums. I listened to their newest one and was like "WTF? was that a guitar solo?, shit those guys can really play!"

Got me into Slipknot, I wouldnt say I was a massive fan but when their songs come on the tv or radio, I'll listen - and head bang.

"When I'm asked what do I think of a lot of the nu-metal bands that are out there, my response is that it seems really insincere to me. 'I've had a really shitty childhood and I'm really upset and I'm really ugly and I've put a lot of make-up on and I'm harder and faster and my voice sounds more like the cookie monster's than yours does'. To me it all comes across as being comical, as being a parody of itself."- god A.K.A trent reznor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

better, their influences are Maiden, Metallica etc. Their drummer is already being toted as one of the best Metal drummers, up there with Dave Lombardo of Slayer, maybe faster.

The guitarists could put anybody to shame.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

agreed... leatherface and joey are absolutely amazing..

slipknot rock..listen to the vermillion solo

Here are some more Slipknot rules:

11.Do not attempt to sing.  Scream instead.  It sounds shittier!

12.Only scream about maggots, killing, blood, hate, and sin.  Kids think stuff like that is deep.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

11 should be :Do not attempt to sing. Scream instead.In a ten year olds voice.That will make you really "evil".

Actually, Slipknots guitarists are quite competent players. They just look like clowns though and the singing and the rest of it ain't really my thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They are, Mick Thompson is actually a very talented guitarist, same with Jim Root, they just happen to make shitty music.

Ah-Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Death Metal, Nu Metal, and Black metal aren't the same thing. Believe it or not, Slipknot is not Death Metal, whereas Cannibal Corpse is. I am getting tired of people thinking bands like Killswitch Engage, Slipknot, and 36 Crazyfists are Death Metal.