Become the next "Slipknot" *

krissirge

this short part of a review I found pretty much sums up Slipknot

Nu–metal played fast is not death metal.

It's just Korn on amphetamines. It's nu–metal played a bit faster than the average bunch of clown–trousered, dog–chained, whining, spike–haired wannabes. That means it has no substance, no feel, little musical skill, and is just downright dreadful. The "aggression" comes across as contrived and calculated.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very well thought out argument, the fact its in capitals only make it more relevant

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And the constant mention of sucking and balls, and the odd f-word convinces the audience even more that he is correct.

matt_barker...who is leatherface in the band?

Do you mean Chris Fenn, the one with the long nose?

I thought their latest album was great. I especially liked The Blister Exists, Vermillion, Pulse of The Maggots and Before I Forget. They don't sound anything like Nu Metal bands like Korn. They're just modern metal, some of you people need to realise that you are living in the 2000's and not the 1980's, move with the times.

it has no substance, no feel, little musical skill, and is just downright dreadful.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There you go again, how can you just flat out lie like that? their musical skill far surpasses most other metal bands. That's not even in question,

btw that's not opinion, it's fact.

How do you find Slipknot shit when you like bands such as Mayhem and Cannibal Corpse?

Ah-Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

because they arent a bunch of whiny mainstream losers and Slipknot are intense the same way your little sister screaming is intense. It's loud and angry, but also very annoying and not the least bit menacing.Corpse can sound a little bit of menacing(they often sound fun like any brutal death metal band) and Mayhem,the godfathers of the Norwegian Black Metal scene and one of the most influencial bands in the genre have live shows that make Slipknot's seem like Britney Spearse's in comparison

They're just modern metal, some of you people need to realise that you are living in the 2000's and not the 1980's, move with the times.

if modern metal has to involve a DJ,then no thanks,DJ can stick to their night clubs and trance shit,metal dosen't need them..........plus there are good new bands metal bands out there,but they don't need MTV to get fans.

Edited by krissirge

They're just modern metal, some of you people need to realise that you are living in the 2000's and not the 1980's, move with the times.

if modern metal has to involve a DJ,then no thanks,DJ can stick to their night clubs and trance shit,metal dosen't need them..........plus there are good new bands metal bands out there,but they don't need MTV to get fans.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Guns may have used MTV to get a couple of those 20 million fans that bought AFD. The DJ hardly features in the new album, and doesn't ruin the music. They're not trying to be some black metal band from Scandanavia.

• 1 month later...
How do you find Slipknot shit when you like bands such as Mayhem and Cannibal Corpse?

Ah-Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some of the guys from Mayhem killed each other, or something like that. So regardless of their musical ablities or lack thereof, in the eyes of a TRUE metal fan, they are automatically the BEST metal band ever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, The Singer killed himself, And the guitarist supposively made stew from his brain, and made a necklace from his skull. Then the bassist got jealeous and killed the guitarist.

Ah-Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some of the guys from Mayhem killed each other, or something like that. So regardless of their musical ablities or lack thereof, in the eyes of a TRUE metal fan, they are automatically the BEST metal band ever.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, The Singer killed himself, And the guitarist supposively made stew from his brain, and made a necklace from his skull. Then the bassist got jealeous and killed the guitarist.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

plus Dead(The Singer) cut himself on stage with broken bottles and knifes.....wore clothes that had been buried for months and had a rotting raven in a plastic bag whose stench he used to sniff.

Ah-Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

plus Dead(The Singer) cut himself on stage with broken bottles and knifes.....wore clothes that had been buried for months and had a rotting raven in a plastic bag whose stench he used to sniff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cool...

Slipknot sucks. Their guitar players could be decent, I guess. But as a whole band, they suck. They're only better than most current metal bands because those bands suck even more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess you havent seen joey jordison (drummer) do his drum solo while spinning around and up-side-down have you.

rock4

slipknot are very good. Mick thompson is a brilliant guitarist and joey is a brilliant drummer. don't dis slipknot they are good.

SS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe compared t....nah I would have said compared to other modern MTV endorsed mainstream metal music but then I remembered that all these bands suck equally

slipknot are very good. Mick thompson is a brilliant guitarist and joey is a brilliant drummer. don't dis slipknot they are good.

SS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe compared t....nah I would have said compared to other modern MTV endorsed mainstream metal music but then I remembered that all these bands suck equally

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

joey is amazing at drumming better than any of these new drummers better than GNR's and he is fairly good on guitar for murderdolls.

SS.

Ah-Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cool...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It could be cool for 12 years old maybe...

SS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can I just ask, does your life revolver around anything but mainstream?

SS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can I just ask, does your life revolver around anything but mainstream?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:huh:

Ah-Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cool...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that was, what i was thinking...

Ah-Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cool...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that was, what i was thinking...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

shuuuure ;)