What type of music did ya like when you were young

damian 1200

The Who,The Stones,Thin Lizzy,Hendrix,Rory Gallagher,Black Sabbath,Madness,Motley Crue,Poison,Whitesnake,Depeche Mode,Joy Division,Morrissey.The list goes on and on.My dad and my brother were my big music influences.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha bad topic for me this. I used to like Boyzone, Backstreet Boys, Five and Blue...

Thank god my music tastes have changed.

However my favourite band was Queen so I had some sense. Queen are/were amazing and I used to like Guns N'Roses too as my mum played them being a huge fan herself. I grew up with them basically. Very nice ;)

I used to listen to Spice Girls, All Saints and the general crap pop music of the day.

I'd always listen to stuff like GNR, Queen, ELO, The Eagles and The Beatles, raking through my dads LPs.

My sisters got me into musicals like Starlight Express, Phantom of the Opera and Cats - which I still listen to and I'm not ashamed of it!

Roxette was forced upon by my sisters when we went on holiday and were going on trips in the car. It was when I was about 16 I found a cassette in the car. Jimi Hendrix. I was hooked and my musical taste took a turn for the best. I really got into rock music then and realised what a bunch of knobs a lot of the people were at school with their Nirvana and Oasis V Blur crap.

Hehe I once liked Boyzone and Westlife (I was like 5), and then I stopped liking music and at 12-13 I was listening to rap and hip-hop (A lot of Tupac, Eminem, Dr Dre, Immortal Technique), and then I discovered Foo Fighters. And then I discovered GNR...and now i like rock rock3 rock1

I was mad about 5ive. I used to listen to their album Invincible a hell of a lot! I also had a crush on J :lol: There I have just embarassed the hell outta myself. Oh I also loved Aqua, Barbie Girl was like my favouritest song ever at a certain point- a downfall in my life as it could be interpreted :lol:

well, i am speaking the truth now: the very first CD i bought by myself was 2Pac - Changes (i bought it cause i liked the melody and stuff, i didn't know shit about him)...then i had a huge Backstreet Boys time, after that i became a Bloodhound Gang fan (do they still exist? did they have an album out after "Hooray for boobies"?), then i started to like Rap and stayed with it, the last type of music which joined rap, was rock (GNR, VR, PJ, Nirvana, and stuff like that)

Gnr, Metallica, Pantera, Rage Against The Machine, Faith No More, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Cypress Hill, Soundgarden....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great list!

Well I used to like Meatloaf, MJ, BSB, Scatman and a bunch of other stuff. I still listen to Jackson sometimes...

I grew up listening to rap like eminem, dr.dre snoopdog or jay-z stuff like that because of my brother, then I listened to things like greenday, nirvana, or no doubt because of my sister

to say the truth I still like some rap :ph34r:

ooh! and I loved nsync and the backstreet boys :lol:

I just thought nick was the hottest guy :laugh:

I was a big Spice Girls fan! Best girl group ever. Not that they have much competition...

I wanted to be Posh Spice. :shades:

I remember liking the movie :confused: And having Spice Girls earrings and matching necklace. There was this girl at school who had tons of Spice Girls stuff, I so admired her. Now she is some hippie... weird how things turn out :huh:

I was a big Spice Girls fan! Best girl group ever. Not that they have much competition...

I wanted to be Posh Spice. :shades:

I remember liking the movie :confused: And having Spice Girls earrings and matching necklace. There was this girl at school who had tons of Spice Girls stuff, I so admired her. Now she is some hippie... weird how things turn out :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, I liked them too, I always wanted to be baby spice :lol:

Guest gnr>everything

i used to listen to rap and limp bizkit...then one day i woke up and said to myself "WTF IS THIS?...THAT SHIT IS GAY"

seriously...and honestly...guns n' roses...i've been listening to them since i was five. I also use to listen to poison

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MEEEE EFFIN TOO! Yup. I can honestly say gn'r was the band that got me into music when I was 10. Then it was Maiden, Danzig, KISS, then as I am now, my life is over and tainted by the devil :lol:

I was a big Michael Jackson - Thriller fan..I even had the Michael Jackson doll...wonder what happened to that?...

At school I also liked Bon Jovi when they bought out Slippery When Wet...went to see them live, and was thinking when I saw them perform at Live 8 - how come those guys all look EXACTLY the same as they did back then - they havent changed (xcept for JBJ's hair is shorter now) or aged one day...