Rate Oasis New Single

jack99

What do you think about Oasis new single?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fresh from their triumph at Milton Keynes and their homecoming at the City Of

Manchester Stadium, the Brothers Gallagher retrun with a new single, The

Importance Of Being Idle, on 22 August. The video features actor Rhys Ifans,

fresh from an award winning performance as Peter Cook in Not Only, But Always,

he plays a funeral director high kicking his way through a New Orleans style

funeral procession in an odd-yet-funny spoof of 60s kitchen sink dramas

Source: Q Online

To be honest,the song is good but not the best choice to be the 2nd single..Love like a Bomb would be the perfect.

The video is one of the worst of the band.Don't Like it.

Mr. Noel prefers to feed his ego than to see Oasis get higher in the charts.

anyway I'll give it 4 stars.

Edited by bucketheadisgod

How can anyone not like this song? to say its predictable is plain ignorant, how is it predictable? alongside mucky fingers its the most different sounding oasis song ever.

I love the importance of being idle.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mucky fingers, an amaj chord from oasis! Thats about as shocking as being gently reminded that about 1000 other oasis songs contain that chord

4 stars.. i like it, but nowhere near as good as wonderwall, little by little etc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed. It's a great song with cool lyrics and an interesting video which is rare these days. Oasis is one of the few band where the singles is actually worth buying because you always get a few extra tracks (often unreleased) or live recordings on the same disc. The new single will feature two brand new tracks - Liam's 'Pass Me Down The Wine' and 'The Quiet Ones', written by guitarist Gem Archer.

It definitely shows Oasis are not a one dimensional band. Everyone expects a big song first. I think the single might have been chosen to coincide with English summer. It will sound great on the radio in the summer time when your lazing by the river. Turn Up The Sun should be a single at some point but maybe they want to explore new songs. But IOBI is one of their most crafted songs to date. A Bell Will Ring might be a surprise single. I don't think Love Like A Bomb will make it cos of terrorist bombs in London?

On a different note: I've noticed that Mucky Fingers is sort of Oasis' It's So Easy. Jungle/Easy/Brownstone. They can open with Turn up the Sun, then Mucky Fingers, then Lyla, then Importance of Idle. That's a good opening barrage. Then play Rock n Roll Star.

To be honest,the song is good but not the best choice to be the 2nd single..Love like a Bomb would be the perfect.

The video is one of the worst of the band.Don't Like it.

Mr. Noel prefers to feed his ego than to see Oasis get higher in the charts.

anyway I'll give it 4 stars.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed.

Itd be interesting to see how LLAB goes on the charts, perhaps bringing them back under the public eye again, as they have slowly droped since WTSMG.

I only like that 60's guitar solo, lol. The song actually gets a bit bland after that.