reason's why nirvana was over rated

ThomasMeadow

committing suicide is the ultimate selfish action.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shut up, you have no idea what you are talking about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I do, as someone very, very, very close to me committed suicide. Plus I thought about doing it myself. So yes, I know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it matters intensely if u were there cuz each instance is different and each feeling/emotion is different. he didn't just die off some mental trip, his suffered from a rare ailment in his stomach that caused crippling pains, and u can't guage pain that ur not expieriencing. left her to be raised by a crazy spaced out mother? u don't know her, u know what media tells u about her so again, u can't judge. if u had ever honestly considered suicide (as opposed a hissy fit) you'd never speak so flippantly about it cuz u'd know what point of human despair and desperation u hafta reach to commit suicide. the very fact that u didn't reach that point means u weren't feeling it as far as most people. sucidal people are people in need of help right? and u understand that from ur statement "i got help" maybe the right help wasn't there. maybe there is no helping some people, maybe u gotta reach that point where u do it to totally understand it, thats a convinient little trapdoor, i was suicidal too therefore im an authority, yeah, ok, u were, but ur not kurt cobain therefore u can't know what he was feeling cuz no human knows what another is feeling, it ain't possible, the very fact that ur alive now says u didn't reach that point cuz the ones that do are dead and u can't ask em what it feels like to make it plausible to go off on little diatribes, callin other humans "selfish" when u really have no idea. u gotta look at these things with a funny little thing (that axl talks a lot about, so u should be able to relate, being a gnr fan) called compassion. besides which, maybe ur stronger than he was...is that a fault in a human being? being weak? or weaker than you? cuz if so, ur kids are as guilty as kurt cuz they couldn't look after emselves. i know, kurt was an adult but weakness is weakness, however u cut it.

there is no such thing as a valid objective opinion when it comes to suicide because each instance is different and more to the point, each person expieriencing it is different.

girls crying like they knew him is silly huh? cuz they can't feel that kinda emotion over someone they knew thru media. well ur a step ahead of them, they're crying cuz they liked another human being based on media, ur judging another human being based on media, so where do u stand in the silly queue hmm?

Edited by rocketsredglare

it matters intensely if u were there cuz each instance is different and each feeling/emotion is different.  he didn't just die off some mental trip, his suffered from a rare ailment in his stomach that caused crippling pains, and u can't guage pain that ur not expieriencing.  left her to be raised by a crazy spaced out mother? u don't know her, u know what media tells u about her so again, u can't judge. if u had ever honestly considered suicide (as opposed a hissy fit) you'd never speak so flippantly about it cuz u'd know what point of human despair and desperation u hafta reach to commit suicide. the very fact that u didn't reach that point means u weren't feeling it as far as most people.  sucidal people are people in need of help right? and u understand that from ur statement "i got help" maybe the right help wasn't there.  maybe there is no helping some people, maybe u gotta reach that point where u do it to totally understand it, thats a convinient little trapdoor, i was suicidal too therefore im an authority, yeah, ok, u were, but ur not kurt cobain therefore u can't know what he was feeling cuz no human knows what another is feeling, it ain't possible, the very fact that ur alive now says u didn't reach that point cuz the ones that do are dead and u can't ask em what it feels like to make it plausible to go off on little diatribes, callin other humans "selfish" when u really have no idea. u gotta look at these things with a funny little thing (that axl talks a lot about, so u should be able to relate, being a gnr fan) called compassion.  besides which, maybe ur stronger than he was...is that a fault in a human being? being weak? or weaker than you? cuz if so, ur kids are as guilty as kurt cuz they couldn't look after emselves.  i know, kurt was an adult but weakness is weakness, however u cut it.

there is no such thing as a valid objective opinion when it comes to suicide because each instance is different and more to the point, each person expieriencing it is different.

girls crying like they knew him is silly huh? cuz they can't feel that kinda emotion over someone they knew thru media.  well ur a step ahead of them, they're crying cuz they liked another human being based on media, ur judging another human being based on media, so where do u stand in the silly queue hmm?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crippling stomach pains; oh poor baby. You don't know what type of pain I experienced, or how bad it was, or whether or not I attempted suicide, and frankly that's none of your business. And no, I was not having a "hissy fit" as you so eloquently put it. I haven't had a "hissy fit" since I was two. Post-partum depression is not a having a hissy fit.

And regardless of the circumstances, its selfish. You're leaving loved ones behind to grieve and to suffer, and to blame themselves, and feel guilty for what they may or may not have done. When you commit suicide, you're only thinking of yourself, not what its doing to others around you who love and care for you.

And now I'm done, you want to talk about it more, rocketsredglare, PM me then.

girls crying like they knew him is silly huh? cuz they can't feel that kinda emotion over someone they knew thru media.  well ur a step ahead of them, they're crying cuz they liked another human being based on media, ur judging another human being based on media, so where do u stand in the silly queue hmm?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

when did I ever say it was silly?? My whole point was that although I personally don't like Nirvana, a lot of people were incredibly upset when he died. His music spoke to them.

And regardless of the circumstances, its selfish.  You're leaving loved ones behind to grieve and to suffer, and to blame themselves, and feel guilty for what they may or may not have done.  When you commit suicide, you're only thinking of yourself, not what its doing to others around you who love and care for you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are entitled to your own opinion.I disagree.One can argue that by you wanting to hold on to that person is selfish also.What if that person have exhausted all means of trying to make themselves happy living a life on earth and still can't.Would you deny them happiness and peace of mind and release if death was the only thing that could bring that?

I believe there are many tortured souls walking this earth,some find ways of dealing with it and continue to live,then there are others who simply can't.I am not going to judge them,for it is not my place.Yes if it was someone close to me,I would be very sad,and angry.I would try to understand their reasons for doing so.At the end of the day how much pain must they be going through if they choose never to see those they love and care about ever again.

oh poor baby, exactly, there u go..the particular stomach ailment he had was fucking crippling beyond belief, to the point where he could eat most things without them comin back by means of a very fashionable act of punk rock regurgitation. u can talk about "being considerate" and make disparaging remarks like that, its not consistent. no i don't know what type of pain u expierienced because u didn't tell me. i didn't make the hissy fit comment directly pertaining to you, if u read that sentence its intentions are more analogical. and as far as it being none of my buisness well don't bring it up if u do not want it to be commented upon, u made it my buisness the moment u decided to tell me about it. and no action on this planet should be judged "regardless of circumstance" because 100% of human actions are predicated on circumstance. and disorder has a REALLY fucking relevant point when he (or she?) talks about

"One can argue that by you wanting to hold on to that person is selfish also.What if that person have exhausted all means of trying to make themselves happy living a life on earth and still can't.Would you deny them happiness and peace of mind and release if death was the only thing that could bring that?"

i've always been incredibly suspicious of people who claim to have once been suicidal (although this may sound like it, its not a dig at you luvaxlforever) and then go public about it or speak candidly about it...i dunno why, it's just always come across strange to me. im not even gonna divulge my personal expieriences regarding the subject matter because...i dunno, im just not but...u know what, fuck it, ur entitled to ur opinion, it's cool.

In the letter he left before his succide, he says that he thinks that courtney and francis would be better off without him, now he may have been wrong, i don't know, but that is what he thought and he would know better than all of us. We can't blame him for doing this out of selfishness, because none of us know what it feels like. some of you may have been suiccidal, ok, but every single case is different and only he knows how he felt like, so you can all think whatever you want but no one will ever know if what he did was "right" or "wrong".

i think when u reach that point it stops being about right or wrong and starts being more about "please lemme just get the fuck outta here, i can't take this fucking shit anymore"

p.s. its horrible that every conversation or discussion i have about nirvana ends up a discussion about kurts death, backing up the bullshit theory that most of their fame is down to his suicide. its funny though that the people that usually sway the flow of the conversation towards this are the very same people who seem to be critical of nirvana for only or predominantly being famous for kurts death.

Nirvana was overrated Because they´ve got all the support of MTV, this crappy music channel are the responsibles of Nirvana succes...... They´ve good songs but most of them are overrated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nirvana had a solid INTERNATIONAL fanbase (which gnr didnt until getting signed by a major) by virtue of NON STOP touring, thru america & europe (europe with Tad on the heavier than heaven tour) this is why the majors came looking for them, not the other way around. sure they became like, the PHENOMENON cuz of MTV but then so are most mainstream "phenomenon" bands post 1981. look at gnr, they weren't too well known outside of hollywood before signing to a major, nirvana were certainly know further out. and u think gnr would be as big as they are without MTV? what is this aversion to using the available avenues of promotion to get ur shit heard by more people?

Have you seen Kurt & Courtney. It makes a convincing case. Even a guy saying Courtney paid him 40,000 dollars to do it. But why would she? He wanted divorce. But yeah why would he do that after taking heroin? He would have felt pretty good then and thought Hey it's not so bad.