The Beatles

Yamisonic

Do you like the Beatles?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ha! Yeah, Metal is shit. All pointless screaming. Sounds like someone's fucking them up the ass, IMO. They do have talent, instrument-wise, but the screaming and the death and hateful lyrics (from what music I have heard)? :blink: Spoon does have a point. And having supporting me in all my Hip-Hop posts, I gotta support him as well. I deff do respect your opinion, Krissige or w.e. But the music is totally pointless and brings tears to my eyes.

Back on topic, The Beatles are deff in my top 5. I think The White Album is ace! Though I prefer the 1st cd :D Helter Skelter is a classic though. I prefer the more 'mature Beatles then the laddy-da pop version. They do have talent and have influenced the music of now one way or another. John and Paul made and excellent duo and teamed up with George and Ringo, it makes the perfect group. Random: My fave song is "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gnr>everything

one time my friend showed me a music video of slipknot and they were wearing these masks and hes like isnt that freaky...im like no thats a bunch of guys wth masks on yelling at a microphone, then i asked him if he was gay or something and he got mad at me and started freaking out because i made fun of his precious metal

Saying that the Beatles are untalented is truly an ignorant statement. You don't have to like the Beatles, but if you can't recognize their huge influence and impact on music, you are blind.

By the way, I voted for the second option. I'm a Beatles fan, but only have a few albums at the moment.

some people in these genre's are as talented as The Beatles are(we'll for you they are)...(and if I hear strong rejection for this argument,then I say,that The Beatles couldn't write death or black metal anywhere near the masters of these genre's)..I'd like to see John or Paul(would that be possible) growl more than 2 minutes without completly blowing their voices

maybe there are some people as good in there genres as the Beatles but none of them dicoverd new ground. but the Beatles did. When the Beatles started there was nothing. there were no serious effects no recording technology nothing. the beatles brought all that foward and the Metal bands still take advantage of that.

what's so great about "music" with "inhuman" vocals?

I can tell ya it's the desperate try to be original. something that is impossible for them to achieve with music.

i despise the beatles but i do recognise their FUCKING IMMENSE contribution to contemporary music...what amuses me to the extreme is how, people who diss the beatles diss them for being simple and pop. uh, have we been listening to the same albums? even fans of the beatles, people r supposed to have knowledge of the band, seem to be defending them based on the "simple & pop" criteria...have u heard abbey road, the white album, revolver, sgt peppers? these are not entirely simple and pop tracks. they were to begin with, but so was rock n roll...always has been, listen to the stuff that influenced the beatles, its simple music, it's just how u play it, the stance, attitude etc. the beatles entire album output is like a timeline of the evolution of rock n roll...it hasn't really gone too far beyond what was laid down in their blueprint.

i dislike em cuz i think they contradicted themselves in ideology, i actually quite enjoy the music, plus i am always wary of things that are like, granted as good. the beatles r like the royal family of rock n roll and that kinda thing always warrants closer inspection. plus my sister is a fan and i had it forced down my throat at an early age otherwise who knows, i coulda loved em. also, i was kinda...raised in the snotty punk rock "fuck the beatles, fuck the stones, fuck the who" attitude which i grew up to understand as mere predudice but...i genuinely don't like em too much anyway....

"imagine nooo possessions"

yes john, ur one of the most richest entertainers in the world, please don't insult us (not a beatles track, i know)

and metal touches people in a way possibly beyond the beatles....the beatles r a band, lotsa people like em as with metal BUT...take ur metal fan, u can (generalising here) see a metal fan coming, a true blue metal fan, its a way of thinking, it's a way of looking its...influential to tons of facets in a persons life. beatles fans are kinda ambiguous...the point im tryna make is that metal is like a lifestyle, a mettallar or a punk or whatever...the whole beatles angle doesn't progress much further than mere entertainment (although i wouldn't've been sayin that in the 60s). flat out music-wise? its kinda unfair to compare one band to a whole movement wouldn't u say? personally, i think metal died with Alice Cooper, he took it about as far as it could go into its own self parody. listen to GG Allin, thats extreme.

Edited by rocketsredglare

maybe there are some people as good in there genres as the Beatles but none of them dicoverd new ground. but the Beatles did.When the Beatles started there was nothing. there were no serious effects no recording technology nothing.  the beatles brought all that foward and the Metal bands still take advantage of that.

they did discover new ground...lets see Possessed and Death took thrash to a new level adding growling vocals and a new style of lyrical content,Napalm Death and Carcass founded grindcore,shortening the length of songs quite a bit and adding new lyrical content(Napalm Death political lyrics,Carcass medical themed lyrics)later Carcass had some influences of melodic death in them.

and Spoon no wonder your ears bleed,because you had to listen to a Slipknot album....a task which I would never even consider doing.

i think metal has entirely too many divisions and a lotta scary talk but not a lotta scary follow thru...too much phoney image pedalling...if they went out and lived it a little more, then it'd be cooler...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Norwegian Black metal scene had quite a lot of that in the early 90ties...church burnings,murders,vandalism,cannibalism and a variety of other satanic activities....yes what a great age to live in :P

Edited by krissirge

the beatle probably did touch more but...where that does have a LOT to do with the music, i think a lot of it is about just luck...they were the right band at the right time with the right look....like elvis, there were a million better rock n rollers than him but he'll always be the king...people in those days were...creating, every step they made was a step forward...they were so pioneering because up until then so little had been done in the progression of popular music/rock n roll...it was a young and exhuberant art form...so u can't put it all down to the genius of john paul george and ringo.

i dunno if it's negative though, it's just energy...as long as ur alive and creative i'd say thats positive enough...people...see negativity in things that aint really there

e.g. WILD example, Nirvana trashing their stage after a set...a lotta people saw this in the media as encouraging violence or making violence look cool, destruction...negativity...if ur gonna get all subliminal and abstract about it, destruction breeds creation, the big bang, an explosion, is typically a destructive force yet responsible for the creation of our everything. besides, its just fun, it's passion, its climax...anger is an energy (quote, john lydon) it's not necessarily negative. i totally agree with the trying too hard bit...a lotta the stuff cited here is outside of metal anyway, metal is like Judas Priest...ur getting a lot into the gothy end with i think is a pathetic vagueness of a genre with no real...definition to speak of...a definition that seems to mean nothing. it was pretty much invented as a genre by Siouxsie Sioux anyway and she was punk (goth that is, not metal).

i think metal has entirely too many divisions and a lotta scary talk but not a lotta scary follow thru...too much phoney image pedalling...if they went out and lived it a little more, then it'd be cooler...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Norwegian Black metal scene had quite a lot of that in the early 90ties...church burnings,murders,vandalism,cannibalism and a variety of other satanic activities....yes what a great age to live in :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's just lack of intelligence, indoctrination, lying, stupidity, short-sightedness, unacceptence and vandalism. Has nothing to do with music really. It does prove those people (the ones that do it) are complete idiots that are too un-intelligent to see the difference between reality and fantasy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah and the rampant use of drugs by The Beatles is a real sign of intelligence

i think his point is that the beatles weren't malicious in their drugs use...taking drugs u hurt urself, not other people...besides which they were "expanding their conciousness", something i believe drugs do and even if they dont it was naivety on their part, not stupidity, where as murder etc is just a moral crime....personallly, im all for both! :) lol if u think it's right, go for it, don't supress anythin ever...

what i feel is of no account...its an a to b thing, he wants to rape/kill her...he does it. my reaction is outside of the point/equation. do i think they SHOULD do it? thats judgement, not my job...thats the rapists/murderers perogative, what i want doesn't influence the thought-process of an outside entity. i can't really, be flippant about such a subject and...guesstimate, i'd hafta be in the situation because each situation is different, reality is very specific. aside from which my mothers dead and im not married.

maybe there are some people as good in there genres as the Beatles but none of them dicoverd new ground. but the Beatles did.When the Beatles started there was nothing. there were no serious effects no recording technology nothing.  the beatles brought all that foward and the Metal bands still take advantage of that.

they did discover new ground...lets see Possessed and Death took thrash to a new level adding growling vocals and a new style of lyrical content,Napalm Death and Carcass founded grindcore,shortening the length of songs quite a bit and adding new lyrical content(Napalm Death political lyrics,Carcass medical themed lyrics)later Carcass had some influences of melodic death in them.

and Spoon no wonder your ears bleed,because you had to listen to a Slipknot album....a task which I would never even consider doing.

Grindcore? What the fuck is grindcore? A new genre of music my ass. That's just a variation of metal. Shortening a song and adding some lame political spin to the lyrics just has NO COMPARISON to the Beatles completely reshaping and redefining the entire music scene. How can you even argue a point like that.

"Influences of melodic death"??? Wake up! Melodic death? Jesus Christ man, any idea how stupid that sounds?

:rolleyes:

I don't think we need to give an essay on why the beatles are great. Even if you hate the beatles, you still cant ignore their achievments, and how they molded and revolutionised music. Just listen to Help!, or Hey Jude, or Twist and shout. Who here can say they hate those songs ?

absolutly despise the Beatles,the most overrated band in the history of music

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

aren't you the one who only listens to all this noise and screams which some people call music named "metal" ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

exactly,still better then those 4 no talents,who only got famous because of their pretty boy looks...thank you Beatles for starting such an annoying trend

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:o

Not liking the beatles is a matter of opinion...so that's possible...but saying they have NO tallent is probably one of the dumbest head-up-your-ass statements a person can make.

Unlike music from which you can't actualy make out what the lyrics are, John, Paul and George wrote some of the best music and lyrics in history. Ringo is, eventhough not as good as the others imo, still a good musician.

The music might not be as "complex" as metal... but it doesn't need to be. It's more poetic because of the (relative) simplicity.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that raises the big question?WHY???

why should we respect music like The Beatles,while most of their fans crealy have no respect for ours.......you say that my comments are dumb?We'll maybe they are,but the same goes for Spoon's metal comments...the same kind of moronic talk that maybe you think i say for the Beatles.

death and black metal aren't noise,most people just say that because they cant hear beyond the vocals...and the growling and screeching is precicly the point of this music,the vocals have to be inhuman.

some people in these genre's are as talented as The Beatles are(we'll for you they are)...(and if I hear strong rejection for this argument,then I say,that The Beatles couldn't write death or black metal anywhere near the masters of these genre's)..I'd like to see John or Paul(would that be possible) growl more than 2 minutes without completly blowing their voices

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Helter Skelter

2. Twist And Shout was recorded after 12 hours of singing, screaming and performing. And still, Lennon made it.

I need 1 question awnsered - How does Norway - beautiful country with gorgeous women create such Demonic music , hell they are a Nutreal country when it comes to war as well , I just don't get it , does it have something to do with the Viking lineage of that region .

Peace GnR Nation :shades: