Your favourite Beatles album

Yamisonic

What's your favourite Beatles album  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I didn't include With The Beatles or Beatles For Sale or Magical Mystery Tour or Yellow Submarine because either they didn't get released during the Beatles existance or are the less appealing.

For me, it's in between Revolver, Hard Day's Night, Help!, Please Please Me or White Album ... So many! I'll go for White Album right now though.

Guest gnr>everything

from wikipedia:

Magical Mystery Tour is an album by British rock band The Beatles, first released in late November 1967. The album is the culmination of an extremely creative 18 month period.

Sgt. Pepper was released in the same year

I really think it's The White Album for me. It's the album that most sounds like heavy metal. Yer Blues and Birthday, Me and My Monkey, Back in the USSR rock. Helter Skelter as well. Also pretty weird tracks like Bungalow bill. It's a greater great album. Revolver is good as well but production is not as nice as WA.

Guest gnr>everything
yeah, I messed up with the release date

The case with MMT is that it had singles released before

And was like a compilation of greatest hits

Beatle people don't really consider it an album.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I'm a Beatle person and I do consider it an album. It's not Greatest Hits either. They put on 2 singles that had been released before as you said, but that doesn't make it a Greatest Hits, because none of the other songs had been released before. It was actually a soundtrack to the Magical Mystery Tour movie, but that doesn't make it not an album.

Look at this other thing I found at wikipedia about it. :lol:

"I Am the Walrus", at the end of side one and full of crashing orchestras and dubbed vocals, was Lennon's response to learning that a Quarry Bank School English master was making his class analyze Beatles' songs. Lennon decided to make a song that would be impossible to understand, even by an English teacher.

I really think it's The White Album for me. It's the album that most sounds like heavy metal. Yer Blues and Birthday, Me and My Monkey, Back in the USSR rock. Helter Skelter as well. Also pretty weird tracks like Bungalow bill. It's a greater great album. Revolver is good as well but production is not as nice as WA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes! The atmosphere on WA is so weird and sounds like no other album. That's why I love it. And yeah, it's got a load of heavy songs.

abbey road

just for the second part of the album. genius.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never been a fan of that part, if it didn't have it Abbey Road would be my favourite album of all time.

yeah, I messed up with the release date

The case with MMT is that it had singles released before

And was like a compilation of greatest hits

Beatle people don't really consider it an album.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I'm a Beatle person and I do consider it an album. It's not Greatest Hits either. They put on 2 singles that had been released before as you said, but that doesn't make it a Greatest Hits, because none of the other songs had been released before. It was actually a soundtrack to the Magical Mystery Tour movie, but that doesn't make it not an album.

Look at this other thing I found at wikipedia about it. :lol:

"I Am the Walrus", at the end of side one and full of crashing orchestras and dubbed vocals, was Lennon's response to learning that a Quarry Bank School English master was making his class analyze Beatles' songs. Lennon decided to make a song that would be impossible to understand, even by an English teacher.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I know the Walrus thing, as I am the Beatles man on this forum. But lets also consider that Magical Mystery Tour was only released in the U.S. as an EP, and later as an album in the U.K. So yeah, it's an album, but often left out of the discography, for unknown reasons. When I first started listening to the Beatles, it was one of my favourites.

Guest gnr>everything

every discography i just looked at had it listed...yes it is only US ones but still...i understand you feel you are the beatles man, but can you stop trying to keep getting one more thing in to make it seem like its not an album or whatever you're trying to do...i like you Yamisonic, but if you know me, you would know you will never get the last word in with me...it just doesnt happen

Edited by gnr>everything

Guest gnr>everything
:blink:

Ok, it's a real album ...

Are you happy now?

It's kickass btw.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:P im just playin with ya...but yeah im happy now

ps. i actually wasnt kidding about the last word thing...i just had a 3 hour stand off with my friend over a sportscenter disagreement and i we kept going until he had to get off and apologize

Are you happy now?

It's kickass btw.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ps. i actually wasnt kidding about the last word thing...i just had a 3 hour stand off with my friend over a sportscenter disagreement and i we kept going until he had to get off and apologize

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, np

But I'll still go into my Beatles forum and ask the people there why do they think MMT isn't a "real" album.

Guest gnr>everything

Are you happy now?

It's kickass btw.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, np

But I'll still go into my Beatles forum and ask the people there why do they think MMT isn't a "real" album.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok sounds good :krider:

Guest gnr>everything
But I like Goerge Harrison's Cloud Nine better than any Beatles album. I think Cloud Nine is my favourite album of all time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you like All Things Must Pass? It's my dad's favorite album...its ok for me...