anyone good with guitars?

nah, im not talking about playin or anything. i knew a guy whos like a guitar tech. he used to tell me something about doing something to the "action" of my guitar. he said that the "action" or whatever he said, was what makes the strings closer to the neck itself. sort of like on a jackson or an ibanez, to make it easier to play faster. well, i cant get a hold of him, and he said that i can only do it when i replace the strings. well, i got new strings today. so im seeing if anyone knows how to do that and can help me with this? my guitar is a Schecter Omen 6. it pretty much has the same design as a Damien 6, im not completely sure though. the strings go through the body. thanks, PM me or write it down here. or IM me, Bathoryp0ssessed

Edited by Alexi Wildchild Laiho

The Omen6 has a tune-o-matic bridge, right? What you want to do is tighten the screws on the tune-o-matic to lower it. You don't want to go too low to where the strings are hitting the fret board. Once you get this done, you'll also more than likely have to change your intonation, and do a truss adjustment.

Here's what I replied in your other thread:

The Omen6 has a tune-o-matic bridge, right? What you want to do is tighten the screws on the tune-o-matic to lower it. You don't want to go too low to where the strings are hitting the fret board. Once you get this done, you'll also more than likely have to change your intonation, and do a truss adjustment.

I don't know how much that would run. It couldn't be anymore than $50. And depending on how much you want to lower your action, you probably won't have to do a truss adjustment. If it's just a really lit bit that we're talking about, you can probably get away with out a truss adjustment.

I'd say leave the action to the pros. its easy to move the rod but you won't see immediate results and a millimeter too much can screw up your whole guitar too. When your move the thrust rod, you'll have to leave the guitar alone for a day or so to let it settle down. since you don't even remember what exactly your guitar guy told you, I'd take it that you don't know much about these things and so I would strongly suggest you take it to some shop. You could end up screwing up your own guitar unplayable if you don't really know what you are doing concerning action of the guitar.