forum question

JDRM

shouldn't all newbies who don't post within the first week of joining be banned?

most other forums do it ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's not a bad idea.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great idea.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally I think it's a bad idea, because:

*--- EVERYONE who takes the time out to register has as much right as any of you guys to read the board, regardless of whether they post or not.

*--- Admins/Global Mods would have to spend time going through the new members to check whether they have posted or not, then would have to spend time deleting the accounts.

*--- If the account was deleted, would you ban the IP/email address? Therefore the person wouldn't be allowed to join again.

*--- Many people feel abit nervous about posting when they come onto the board and don't want to post immediately, they would rather get to know the board and it's members before posting, particulary if they haven't used internet forums before.

*--- Once your account has been deleted from a board would you want to come back? Nope? Didn't think so.

*--- Some of our most regular posting members didn't post immediately after joining which means we wouldn't have them today.

*--- When the person comes back to the board after their allotted 7 days, they'd have to re-register to view the board, which would effectively mean the measure is a complete waste of time.

Well, there are on the cons, could some of you people who think it's a good idea give me some of the advantages because i can't find any?!

Personally i am 100% opposed to the idea. I'm sure Eric will get back to you when he returns later tonight :)

R.

Edited by x_Estranged_x

shouldn't all newbies who don't post within the first week of joining be banned?

most other forums do it ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's not a bad idea.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great idea.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Personally I think it's a bad idea, because:

*--- EVERYONE who takes the time out to register has as much right as any of you guys to read the board, regardless of whether they post or not.

*--- Admins/Global Mods would have to spend time going through the new members to check whether they have posted or not, then would have to spend time deleting the accounts.

*--- If the account was deleted, would you ban the IP/email address? Therefore the person wouldn't be allowed to join again.

*--- Many people feel abit nervous about posting when they come onto the board and don't want to post immediately, they would rather get to know the board and it's members before posting, particulary if they haven't used internet forums before.

*--- Once your account has been deleted from a board would you want to come back? Nope? Didn't think so.

*--- Some of our most regular posting members didn't post immediately after joining which means we wouldn't have them today.

*--- When the person comes back to the board after their allotted 7 days, they'd have to re-register to view the board, which would effectively mean the measure is a complete waste of time.

Well, there are on the cons, could some of you people who think it's a good idea give me some of the advantages because i can't find any?!

Personally i am 100% opposed to the idea. I'm sure Eric will get back to you when he returns later tonight :)

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think this makes it clear why :)

jdrm you just got owned!!

I think its a very stupid idea for all the reasons rick just pointed out. Me for one didnt really start porting until a few months after i joined. I came on to find a bootleg, posted a couple of times then left, after a few months i realised it was cool place just to hang out so i started to post more regularly.