Great unknowns

Greekgelboy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank sweet sonny jesus!!! did u say johnny and the heartbreakers? :):):) as of now, u r offically God...

Johnny was the duuuuude!!! Johnny is the greatest guitarist that ever lived (and not cuz he's a hendrix soul child)

but yeah, unknowns

the vaselines

the meat puppets

the wipers

sham 69

x ray specs

gg allin and the outlaw scumfucs

the slits

the raincoats

the germs

teenage jesus and the jerks

the dead boys

the dictators

the violators

i could go on all night...the best bands get overlooked

and if my lovely horse is funny u should check out rory rides me raw by the vaselines

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those are some awesome bands! Sham 69 and the Violators rule!!

Do you get into Chron Gen?

Corrosion Of Conformity.

Fantastic Southern Metal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

COC fucking rocks!! It's a damn shame that they aren't more well-known.

quite a lot of death and black metal bands :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep, there are a bunch of great death metal bands out ther nobody knows about, pestilence, gorguts, etc etc etc

im not too into black metal, gets boring fast, and there are a lot of wanna be black metal bands that ruin it for all the decent ones out there.

dream theater

they arent as unknown as some of those others but ive only met a couple people who know about them

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha, i dont think they fit in this topic

but as for me

Fireball Ministry

-great rock band sounds like clutch meets black sabbath meets cky great stuff.

the knives

-good stuff, vocals aren't the greatest, but good stuff none the less

Neutral Milk Hotel

-great mellow stuff - In the aeroplane over the sea is a great album.

Slaw-

i think its safe to say no one knows of slaw on these boards, great local band around thest parts. www.myspace.com/slaw

foreign objects-

great technical death metalish stuff. i guess you could call it Math Metal, they have some of the greatest instrumentals you will ever hear.

Idle Class

also a local band around here, GREAT band. www.idle-class.com you will be able to find their music on their website somewhere, good luck.

blind guardian

great thrashy metal with some classical operatic stuff mixed in

800 Octane-

breaking out of the local scene here, great old school misfits-esque punk

Pentagram

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PENTAGRAM!!!!

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT Santana, you are totally, completely 100% -ON- with just about everything. you truly are the man, i swear.

and yes, i TOTALLY agree with Santana that Pentagram was an awesome lesser known band.

with that, I will add the band "TROUBLE" and "Witchfinder General" to the list as well.

Angra

They are a South American power metal band who sing in English and they are influenced by Maiden, Priest and Led Zeppelin. They have also done covers of Children of the Damned, Painkiller and Kashmir and they sound so great, in ways they are better than the originals!

They are extremely underrated, their vocalist, the first and second one are both amazing and they have a great guitar sound.

Pentagram

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

PENTAGRAM!!!!

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT Santana, you are totally, completely 100% -ON- with just about everything. you truly are the man, i swear.

and yes, i TOTALLY agree with Santana that Pentagram was an awesome lesser known band.

with that, I will add the band "TROUBLE" and "Witchfinder General" to the list as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seriously, it sucks that Pentagram never got the recognition that they deserve. They were just like Sabbath, but heavier.

The Afghan Whigs & The Twilight Singers. Two of the greatest bands of the last 15 years. If not *the* best bands of the last 15 years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Afghan Whigs,very underrated I think,Gentlemen one hell of an album.Very powerful and emotional album.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gentlemen is a masterpiece, without question.

But I'd say the same for Black Love and the TS record Blackberry Belle. Greg Dulli is the most talented son of a bitch in rock at the moment. Figures that so few people know who he is... :(

Edited by Angelica

thank sweet sonny jesus!!! did u say johnny and the heartbreakers? :):):) as of now, u r offically God...

Johnny was the duuuuude!!! Johnny is the greatest guitarist that ever lived (and not cuz he's a hendrix soul child)

but yeah, unknowns

the vaselines

the meat puppets

the wipers

sham 69

x ray specs

the slits

the raincoats

the germs

the dead boys

the dictators

the violators

and if my lovely horse is funny u should check out rory rides me raw by the vaselines

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Corrosion Of Conformity.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:blink::blink: !!!

You know COC?! They're like my fav. band with Guns! Fuck I love them, I didnt know you like them too!!

This is super! B)

but yeah, unknowns

the vaselines

the meat puppets

the wipers

sham 69

x ray specs

the slits

the raincoats

the germs

the dead boys

the dictators

the violators

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Corrosion Of Conformity.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:blink::blink: !!!

You know COC?! They're like my fav. band with Guns! Fuck I love them, I didnt know you like them too!!

This is super! B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fuck yeah! COC is the fucking shit! Their earlier stuff was good, but once Pepper came along, he totally toook them to a new level! rock1

Fuck yeah! COC is the fucking shit! Their earlier stuff was good, but once Pepper came along, he totally toook them to a new level! rock1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah they're fucking awesome. And they're so good live, I've seen them a few months ago it was fucking amazing.

Anyone heard of "Days of the New"? They opened for metallica. Their music was awsome. But I think they broke up because of the lead singers drug problem. He was on the show "Intervention" on A&E awhile ago, which I thought was cool and sad at the same time :(

Anyone heard of "Days of the New"? They opened for metallica. Their music was awsome. But I think they broke up because of the lead singers drug problem. He was on the show "Intervention" on A&E awhile ago, which I thought was cool and sad at the same time :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah!! DOTN were awesome! Their first album was amazing. Almost like acoustic metal. They didn't really break up though, the singer pulled an Axl, and kicked everyone out. He kept the name, and recorded 1 more album by himself. The other guys found a new singer and started their own band, Tantric. Tantric was pretty good, but not as good as DOTN.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah!! DOTN were awesome! Their first album was amazing. Almost like acoustic metal. They didn't really break up though, the singer pulled an Axl, and kicked everyone out. He kept the name, and recorded 1 more album by himself. The other guys found a new singer and started their own band, Tantric. Tantric was pretty good, but not as good as DOTN.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Axl didnt kick everyone out! :huh:

I thought the lead singer was kicked out because of his drug addiction...I saw it on intervention :P

for rap fans:

Immortal Technique <-- one of the best rappers of this planet ever.

but just because he doesn't do fucked up shit like "Candyshop" "Ass like that" or "On fire" he isn't famous. i bet every G-unit and Shady Records member prays to god every night to gain even 1% of the abilities ImmTech has.

but yeah, unknowns

the vaselines

the meat puppets

the wipers

sham 69

x ray specs

the slits

the raincoats

the germs

the dead boys

the dictators

the violators

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Meat puppets! rock3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the lead singer was kicked out because of his drug addiction...I saw it on intervention :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he tried out for VR too...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he tried out for VR too...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm..I feel real bad for the guy...he has a really amazing voice, and the songs he writes are really amazing and moving. I hope he makes it ig someday. BTW..hes HOT :P

for rap fans:

Immortal Technique <-- one of the best rappers of this planet ever.

but just because he doesn't do fucked up shit like "Candyshop" "Ass like that" or "On fire" he isn't famous. i bet every G-unit and Shady Records member prays to god every night to gain even 1% of the abilities ImmTech has.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You like Immortal Technique too :o:D He's like a 2nd Nas ! My fave song is 'Dance With the Devil' Very good song lyric-wise ;)