Just to be different

nunchuck

be honest, do you hate green day?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest gnr>everything
Once and for all, is there anyone out there who doesn't like Green Day?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do you mean that does like green day? :drevil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, see i didn't notice any threads where the same people bash greenday over and over again. Im not being negative here, just trying to be original.

I dislike them now. I've said many times that I like the old Green Day. The new stuff has a mostly Mainstream sound. Back then they were a 'I dont give a fuck, i only live for music' type band. They may still feel that way but I dont get the same vibe off them. So..

I hate them.. modern day Green Day that is :)

Guest gnr>everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, see i didn't notice any threads where the same people bash greenday over and over again. Im not being negative here, just trying to be original.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok...i think you're being sarcastic but i'm really confused...anyways i like green day

I don't hate them, but I don't like them nearly as much as I used to. Now a days we all know that they are just trying to appeal to a broader audience to push CD sales and make the kind of music that 10 year old girls like. They've lost or just abandoned that edge that they had 10 years ago. Maybe it's just maturity and their own personal growth and preferences and they're still talented but they don't do so much for me anymore...

Fucking hate those pricks. Billy Joe said something along these lines:

-Were more punk than the Sex pistols or any other 70's punk band-

What a fucking loser.

(BTW Greenday didnt just come out last year I'm pretty sure they've been a band for over 10 years.)

Fucking hate those pricks. Billy Joe said something along these lines:

-Were more punk than the Sex pistols or any other 70's punk band-

What a fucking loser.

(BTW Greenday didnt just come out last year I'm pretty sure they've been a band for over 10 years.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Over 10 years eh? someone told me it was 16 years! and those pussies still haven't learnt how to squeal or incorporate any shredding solo's into their candy ass songs. Fuck, it's like the 80's never happened, man.

Johnny Rotten has more punk in his little finger than those tossers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, even in his mansion in L.A!

btw John Lydon may have fronted the Pistols and while i like the bloke and he will forever be held in legendary status for that, it doesn't give him the excuse to just toss out any old wankery (public image limited) and try and say it's art or something, i thought that was the kind of thing hippies did?

there is no band better than the sex pistols...period...green day are not even worth consideration...the music he did post-pistols is amazing, because it is orignal, it is not wankery by any stretch of the imagination, it's free and adventurous and a step away from the boredom in rock n roll. public image was far from tossed out, it was well defined, worked on, cultivated and i challenge anybody to show me ANY music just half as adventurous as that, half as orignal, half as groundbreaking, in terms of progressive music, Public Image Limited are like Gods, all of em...

First Issue = killing rock n roll

Metal Box = dance/dub/dirge music

Flowers of romance = the eeriest most orignal shit i have ever heard.

Public Image Limited were better than the sex pistols in that sense, in that they did more for the progression of music, people disliked it a lot for the simple fact that there was so little that sounded anything like it, theres no reference point, theres no clear influence there (although the music of Can and a lot of dub reggae can possibly be cited) it's this sorta shit that does somethin for music as an art...there is so much fear in music, people are afraid of trying something new, ANYTHING can be music, it's just organised noise, people r too afraid of pissing off their fanbases or offending sensibilities or breaking rules to even dare to create the consistently orignal product that ol' uncle rotten has given us...and so what if he has a mansion in LA? what is he contradicting by buying a mansion? punk is the attitude of adventure and invention, its got nothing to do with how much money the person has...the other thing is, d'ya know where john came from? his background? living in shacks in Ireland without a toilet, livin in crumbling storefronts in finsbury park, getting meningitis cuz the housing conditions are so bad that he got infected by rats pissing in the water. he usta be a rat killer when he was 11...he was poor as fuck and despite all these odds he's risen above and made something of himself to be proud of, only for people to pass judgement on the way he makes his living, he's not robbed stolen or cheated a penny of the money he has earned...what is it, that he's working class, he should just stay in his projects and dilapidated houses....thats bullshit man, when ur from the shit, u want out of it...anyone thats ever been truly broke before knows what im talkin' about. John has not compromised a single solitary principle throughout his time in music...and the whole hippy thing that the punk generation objected to was what the hippies ended up as, not what they began as....their music was generally folk based or based on musicianmanship....which the pistols objected to because it was following a set of rules and just perfecting them with lyrics that seemed to mean nothing about nothing and hard to relate to for the ordinary music fan...it was far detached from reality....Public Image on the other hand stepped outside musicianmanship and used the instruments in new and orignal ways, not necessarily following structured musical progressions...inventing with instruments, stepping outside of the bounds of the rules of rock n roll. when u don't understand something, don't label it as wankery and have done with it, TRY to understand it...maybe it's something important. personally i find music i understand to be throughly boring...its neither here nor there, it just is what it is, u understand it, so it's done...dusted. but things u don't understand are interesting cuz u actually learn something from em. give me a tuneless racket to a nice 3 chord ditty any day...the tuneless racket takes more understanding.

Edited by rocketsredglare

I dislike their lame repetative songs which play constantly and their stupid left wing "we've got all the problems but no solutions," message and lyrics. They are good at crafting pop songs but they are as deep as a puddle of piss and im fed up of people who still think they can do no wrong.

Edited by Hampi