Songs That "Take You To Places"

Yamisonic

Those trippy, quiet things that "take you to places". What are they?

Me, the songs that hit me the hardest are things by bands I like which I would not expect them to do. Some examples:

Silly Love Songs - Paul McCartney

Near the end, that three voice harmony is wicked!

Tomorrow Never Knows - The Beatles

I think this doesn't need a comment.

The Same Deep Water As You - The Cure

THIS SONG TAKES ME SOMEWHERE ELSE. Especially its guitar middle.

I'm Only Sleeping - The Beatles. I just imagine myself floating in the sky on my bed :lol: True though :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HELLO everyone.i think this is the first time ive posted on here although ive been on htgth for a while.i hope this is done right.sweet child at the slash solo 3 quarters through the song and U2 WITH OR WITHOUT YOU coz when i was about 12 in 1992 i had a cassette that my older brother done (im 25 and hes 30) and 3 quarters through the sweet child song U2 came on and i listened to that tape a million times and when i hear the sweet child solo it takes me back to when i was a kid and life was care free.

I'm Only Sleeping - The Beatles. I just imagine myself floating in the sky on my bed :lol: True though :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HELLO everyone.i think this is the first time ive posted on here although ive been on htgth for a while.i hope this is done right.sweet child at the slash solo 3 quarters through the song and U2 WITH OR WITHOUT YOU coz when i was about 12 in 1992 i had a cassette that my older brother done (im 25 and hes 30) and 3 quarters through the sweet child song U2 came on and i listened to that tape a million times and when i hear the sweet child solo it takes me back to when i was a kid and life was care free.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome man B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey that's cool! In a few years time I will feel that too.

But why the quote?

The great below-nine inch nails

It takes me back to all i've done wrong. Also in a strange way my childhood..basically places and time's i will always regret and hate

bed of lies- matchbox 20

Kinda reminds me of all the times someone has backstabbed me

Warm place- nine inch nails

To my dead ended future

-and for the happy ones-

sweet child o' mine

one word... :wub::kiss: jamie :kiss::wub:

Truely the only person on this planet that deserves a painless life

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey that's cool! In a few years time I will feel that too.

But why the quote?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

didnt mean to quote.not very good with computers :D:D

there are a million songs that take me away..that's what I love about music. But I heard The Rain Song by Zeppelin today and it reminded me of a time when I was younger and care free and exploring the world for the first time and driving accross the country from New York to Seattle and I was in my car just reflecting on my past and daydreaming of a hopeful future. It just made me feel good about life and all of the little things in between. Of course there are allot of trippy head

songs that make me feel like I'm out of this world, but today I remembered what it's like to just enjoy everything that life has to offer weather it be rejoicing in the good times or trying to learn from my mistakes...

Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Crowely

I've listerened to it 1000 times yet the 2 solos still give me chills.

Anything Pink Floyd

particulaly the two albums Meddle and Animals, they are very relaxing and they take my mind to all kind of places when i lie down and listern to them

This one

I don't know, it's jsut such a wonderful song.

It makes me sit and move with all my body :)

I really get into the music with that one.

And it obviously reminds me of Christiania and how important that place is for everything.

And love.

When you're on trippysongs though, lots of things are so much more acid (or trippy like you say) than that Beatles-Pink Floyd tam :mellow:

Alrune Rod

Steppeulvene

Tømrerclaus

Quintessence

Hapshash and the Coloured Coat

They're only just some though.

Acid is the best genre ever I think :)

Edited by Lindy

The three main ones at the moment are:

Glenn Hughes(featuring Chad Smith&John Fruscainte) Nights In White Satin..

That songs just floors me,it hits a nerve so deep,but yet so very sensual and it reminds me of someone very special to me.I can't help but feel happy and content when I hear it.Also the first time I heard that version it made me realise just how important someone was to me...If I didn't cut out all the shit and drama I would lose them and lose something that meant more to me than I even realised..Now it's our song

You Got It Right-Poppy Black(Alt B)This song I love.It is by a very dear friend of mine and it reminds me just how amazingly talented/gifted he is and what an amazing person he is.A comfort song for those difficult moments.I play it when I feel lonely and no matter where I am,it has the power to lift me up in a second and make me smile..

Coming Back To Life-Pink Floyd provokes mixed feelings,feeling of love and then such loss.The person who first brought this song to my attention,touched me in a way I could never forget and would never want too..Some people come into your life for such a very short space of time but have a long term effect on the way you will now see things to come...

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

Pink Floyd - Brain Damage / Eclipse

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

id say those along with

Echoes-Pink Floyd

Stairway to Heaven-Zeppelin

Voodoo child-Hendrix(that solo fucking kills me)

Third Stone from the Sun-Hendrix(i dunno but has always worked for me) :huh:

Eric Johnson- Cliffs of Dover

Guns N' Roses- Coma

Pink Floyd- Shine on you crazy diamond

Pink Floyd- Echoes

Pink Floyd- Comfortably Numb

Steve Vai- For the Love of God

Guns N' Roses- November Rain

Guns N' Roses- Estranged

The Who- Baba O' Reilly

Beatles- The Long and Winding Road

Deep Purple- Highway Star

Motley Crue- Home Sweet Home

A bunch of songs make me feel this way

Guns N' Roses- Coma

Pink Floyd- Echoes

Guns N' Roses- Estranged

The Who- Baba O' Reilly

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not 'Gangsta's Paradise' then?

Guns N' Roses- Coma

Pink Floyd- Echoes

Guns N' Roses- Estranged

The Who- Baba O' Reilly

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not 'Gangsta's Paradise' then?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahahahaha

That made me laugh. (Hence the Ahahaha) :) .

Guest gnr>everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome song

That and 'Let It Be' make me kind of sad