Does anyone here not like Metallica

Anagram Of Oral Sex

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really like them. They dont have an album I'm into. I can see that they have some talent but they are lacking something.

I also feel like they are too into the "we're crazy" thing without truly being crazy. They seem like nice chaps. And somehow I want them to be nasty.

I can't listen to them for very long cos the lyrics try so hard to be dark but its not convinving.

I perfer Megadeth Rust in Peace to Black Album. Dave is so much funnier and better tunes in my opinion.

Hetfield isnt cool.

A track or two from the first few albums are ok. They are not good people though. Assholes don't make their music available on Rhapsody, which is LEGAL and I PAY FOR IT. fucks. That was the last straw for me. I guess they are just too good for Rhapsody.

They couldn't write a song to save their lives anymore.

They are a total laugh now. Particularly their movie... and they were on the Jane Pauly show... that speaks for itself... my mom taped that Jane Pauly for me to watch... oh the horrors...

I dont really like them. They dont have an album I'm into. I can see that they have some talent but they are lacking something.

I also feel like they are too into the "we're crazy" thing without truly being crazy. They seem like nice chaps. And somehow I want them to be nasty.

I can't listen to them for very long cos the lyrics try so hard to be dark but its not convinving.

I perfer Megadeth Rust in Peace to Black Album. Dave is so much funnier and better tunes in my opinion.

Hetfield isnt cool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They grew out of the "we're crazy" phase years ago. That's why they're the best.

I can see why some people hate them. I like Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets, and even ...And Justice For All. The MTV/MySpace generation aren't aware of that many songs from those albums. But the Black Album, every fag with an iPod has Sad But True and Enter Sandman on there.

Edited by Nax

I don't know, they seem so common I think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmmm i wouldn't call them common, they are totally original it's just so many others have copied their style. They were proberly the first proper Thrash Metal band.

Metal was dying and they brought into the mainstream, they also saved us from all the hair metal crap like Crue.

Edited by johnezz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmmm i wouldn't call them common, they are totally original it's just so many others have copied their style. They were proberly the first proper Thrash Metal band.

Metal was dying and they brought into the mainstream, they also saved us from all the hair metal crap like Crue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah yeah, it's not that..

I just always found them pretty mainstream, especially the vocals.

But then I do listen to completely different music from them myself anwyay.

Av and it's wrong to say that just because you don't like Metallica you're a "musical retard".

I could point out so many bands that I think are so much more creative, and also way more musically talented than Metallica :mellow:

Edited by Lindy

Metallica up to Load was an awesome band. Reload and St Anger were terrible albums though and it has become quite farcical what they've become at times, but the early albums are almost untouchable when it comes to the metal genre.

It's sad how some of their "fans" have turned their backs on the band. Same thing every time. "Kirks over-rated, wah abuser, but I'll still listen to the earlier albums". Why do people always bring up shit like this? If it's over-rated, that's a negative view, but you'll still listen to it. Why do you care if it's over-rated then?

Who cares. I'll still be listening to them years from now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Av and it's wrong to say that just because you don't like Metallica you're a "musical retard".

I could point out so many bands that I think are so much more creative, and also way more musically talented than Metallica :mellow:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mainstream?----then listen to Kill Em All....if thats mainstream to you,then....Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets aren't really mainstream either,their just so brilliant that those albums have to be known

not talented? Cliff Burton was by far the most talented bass player in music,he was better at bass than Hendrix was on guitar,his work on Orion is beyond amazing

Hammett could write some amazing solos,Ulrich's drumming is good on the first albums(altough on Load and Reload it often seems that he has fallen asleep behind the drums) and Hetfield had a pretty evil voice(again on the older albums)

Edited by krissirge

I like the Metallica that was young super agressive and hungry.

They were one of the greates bands of the 80s with Cliff Burton in the band.

But when Cliff died, Metallica died for me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, they are now a sad self parody.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mainstream?----then listen to Kill Em All....if thats mainstream to you,then....Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets aren't really mainstream either,their just so brilliant that those albums have to be known

not talented? Cliff Burton was by far the most talented bass player in music,he was better at bass than Hendrix was on guitar,his work on Orion is beyond amazing

Hammett could write some amazing solos,Ulrich's drumming is good on the first albums(altough on Load and Reload it often seems that he has fallen asleep behind the drums) and Hetfield had a pretty evil voice(again on the older albums)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's your opinion though ;)

To me, being good at playing guitar isn't just guitarsolos and being fast with it.

To me it's about the sound. To create an incredible sound which hasn't been heard before by being creative. I love Hendrix, and it's definitely not for his guitarsolos :)

I don't think Metallica are too creative and I think the musicians are average.

Av and I did listen to a couple of Metallica-albums and I did find it mainstream.

I just neevr foudn them interesting at all really :mellow:

Edited by Lindy

I find it hard to believe that Cliff Burton was better than John Entwhistle on bass.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry,but the greatest bass player has to come from a heavy metal band....i dont think that rock bands use the bass guitar to their full potensial,only metal bands do...

anyway Burton playing style was very varied using rapid-fire riffs and mock guitar solos to very melodic playing.Truly a groundbreaking style...he was the secret weapon for Metallica.

"Cliff Burton was the man who had that wild spirit that makes a band like Metallica a quality band. He wasn't only the bass player, or someone else in the band who co-write the songs, he was the man who made Metallica reach the sky. After his death, Metallica sold their souls for fame and fortune, things that he would never wanted to deal with. He'd never allowed all that "Black Album" to happen, and neither that damn "Load" thing. When Metallica lost their bass player, they also lost their soul." Lars Ulrich

I find it hard to believe that Cliff Burton was better than John Entwhistle on bass.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry,but the greatest bass player has to come from a heavy metal band....i dont think that rock bands use the bass guitar to their full potensial,only metal bands do...

anyway Burton playing style was very varied using rapid-fire riffs and mock guitar solos to very melodic playing.Truly a groundbreaking style...he was the secret weapon for Metallica.

"Cliff Burton was the man who had that wild spirit that makes a band like Metallica a quality band. He wasn't only the bass player, or someone else in the band who co-write the songs, he was the man who made Metallica reach the sky. After his death, Metallica sold their souls for fame and fortune, things that he would never wanted to deal with. He'd never allowed all that "Black Album" to happen, and neither that damn "Load" thing. When Metallica lost their bass player, they also lost their soul." Lars Ulrich

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, if you look at it that way, they sold their souls for fame and fortune the minute they signed to a major record label, which was back in 1984, 2 years before Cliff died. Anyway, if they are in it for the money, I don't blame them. Shit, if I could do what I love the most, and do what I'm best at AND get filthy rich from doing it, I'd do it in a fucking heartbeat. But, people talk about all the money Metallica makes. No one ever mentions the fact that they fund everything that they do. When they go to the studio, THEY pay the bill. When they tour, THEY finance it. The only thing the record company does for them is print their albums, and send them their royalty checks. Other than that, they own all the rights to their songs, albums, and master tapes. And the funny thing is, they do all that so they stay in control of the band, not the record company.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im with u on that one, this is also coming from a guy who thinks the greatest classic rock song is running with the devil by van halen. if anything feel sorry for him :rolleyes: