Does anyone here not like Metallica

Anagram Of Oral Sex

^ Ah no, Slash is no where near as good as Hammett

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hammett just wanks away, he really is a horrid sounding player. At least slash has a sense of melody. Please dont give me the, "OMG hammett uses modal scales and can play faster therefore is better than slash."

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title explains itself, does anyone not like Metallica?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

James Hetfield owns EVERYONE'S ass!!

hetfield.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not this Guys:

axl.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but this guy owns him:

276002.jpeg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And... well... this guy seriously owns HIM:

slash0063kc.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well this guy owns all of them

cliff2.jpg

Edited by krissirge

^ Ah no, Slash is no where near as good as Hammett

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hammett just wanks away, he really is a horrid sounding player. At least slash has a sense of melody. Please dont give me the, "OMG hammett uses modal scales and can play faster therefore is better than slash."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kirk doesn't "wank away" as you put it, all his solos are all integeral parts of the songs which they are in. Fade to Black and One certainly would never be as great songs without Kirks awesome solos at the climax of it. No sense of melody you say? Well i guessing you haven't heard much Metallica at all, some of his best work is in their more melodic songs, which are all very well structured and sound spine chilling. Personally i think Slash's playing is far more wankery than Hammetts.

And yes, Hammett can play faster, so there.

I find it hard to believe that Cliff Burton was better than John Entwhistle on bass.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im with u on that one, this is also coming from a guy who thinks the greatest classic rock song is running with the devil by van halen. if anything feel sorry for him :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont know,i pretty much choose that song,because its one of the few classical song that actually are good,white the excepetion of Zeppelin all classical rock sucks....Pnk Floyd,Rolling Stones,The Who and escpecially The Beatles are awful.Van Halen tops all those band by a mile

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:confused::scared:

you cant be serious :shocked:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guy listens to all kinda gore/death/black/fuckknowswhat- metal and then doesnt even respect the origins of the REAL rock.

The title explains itself, does anyone not like Metallica?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

James Hetfield owns EVERYONE'S ass!!

hetfield.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not this Guys:

axl.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but this guy owns him:

276002.jpeg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like metallicas music but I hate verything they done since st. anger theyre horrible now and I hate the present metallica and I always thought Kirk Hammet is gay :D

I find it hard to believe that Cliff Burton was better than John Entwhistle on bass.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im with u on that one, this is also coming from a guy who thinks the greatest classic rock song is running with the devil by van halen. if anything feel sorry for him :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i dont know,i pretty much choose that song,because its one of the few classical song that actually are good,white the excepetion of Zeppelin all classical rock sucks....Pnk Floyd,Rolling Stones,The Who and escpecially The Beatles are awful.Van Halen tops all those band by a mile

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:confused::scared:

you cant be serious :shocked:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guy listens to all kinda gore/death/black/fuckknowswhat- metal and then doesnt even respect the origins of the REAL rock.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Beatles are real rock......:D....yeah and so are the Backstreet Boys.....say what you like about black and death metal bands,at least they arent atrocious pop music like the Beatles are.....Linkin Park is more rock than the Beatles.....I get that the other bands are rock and are big influences,I just aint a fan of them,but the Beatles.....pretty boy bands arent rock music and only influenced more boy bands

Edited by krissirge

Metallica rocks , 83-91 was awesome , now it's mostly hit or miss . I found all of ST Anger to blow balls though , was VERY dissapointed . I believe they'll come out with a better effort next time . Hetfield is a great rythym guitar BTW .

Peace GnR Nation

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find it hard to believe too!

I dont really like Metallica ... I've listened to a few songs and the riffs sound shit, too complex IMO. What do you recommend? Because I can't really understand why do people like them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol::laugh:

EDIT: Just noticed you mentioned all of my favourite bands! WOOOOA

Edited by Yamisonic

listen to Fade To Black or One....miles better than anything Beatles are made

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this again... :lol: hey krissirge, please accept that The Beatles are one of the best bands ever and that your ridiculous metal with bloody cocks or some strange cartoons with a lot of blood on the cover is miles away from that status. :)

Fade to black is amazing tho.

Edited by Spoon87

I love Metallica, their probably my favorite band. However, I will agree they have been on a decline since the Black Album. I thought the Loads were actually very, very good, well Load a little more than Reload, but they both had a little too much filler. Plus, Hammetts guitar solos definitely were not as good, especially on Reload. He just really overindulged on the wah wah on those albums.

I wasn't really into Garage Inc, it had some highlights, most of which were on disc 2 but I thought it was disappointing. S&M was, for the most part, really good although some songs worked a lot better than others.

Now I liked St. Anger but it was easily their worse studio album. The production is terrible and some songs were repetitive(title track, Invisible Kid), dull (My World, Shoot Me Again), or just flat out sucked (Purify). But I loved pretty much everything else on it even with the annoying little flaws, WTF was up with the drums? Lars, Why the fuck did you think that would be a good idea? The band should really start listening to Kirk because he was making the most sense on SKOM when they were discussing the guitar solos.

Like I said I liked the album, but Im definitely hoping their next will be better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this again... :lol: hey krissirge, please accept that The Beatles are one of the best bands ever and that your ridiculous metal with bloody cocks or some strange cartoons with a lot of blood on the cover is miles away from that status. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

k...its one of the best pretty boy bands ever

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah right! what's wrong with being a pretty boy. it increases your chances of getting laid enormously.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah right! what's wrong with being a pretty boy. it increases your chances of getting laid enormously.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah,but for some reason people say its a "rock" band which it most certainly is not

Hey krissirge,

Stop being an asshole OK? This is a fucking Metallica thread. I don't want to know if you fucking like the Beatles or not. I just wanted to know what songs you recommend. And if Metallica's so nice, then come up with your own points to express it, instead of only "Metallica owns the Beatles! And bloody gore yeah".

Thank you.

Uuh ... I listened to One btw ... I dont like it :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:laugh: good one!

Edited by Yamisonic