Does anyone here not like Metallica

Anagram Of Oral Sex

^ Ah no, Slash is no where near as good as Hammett

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hammett just wanks away, he really is a horrid sounding player. At least slash has a sense of melody. Please dont give me the, "OMG hammett uses modal scales and can play faster therefore is better than slash."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kirk doesn't "wank away" as you put it, all his solos are all integeral parts of the songs which they are in. Fade to Black and One certainly would never be as great songs without Kirks awesome solos at the climax of it. No sense of melody you say? Well i guessing you haven't heard much Metallica at all, some of his best work is in their more melodic songs, which are all very well structured and sound spine chilling. Personally i think Slash's playing is far more wankery than Hammetts.

And yes, Hammett can play faster, so there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When i listen to a metallica record i get fed up of fucking chucking low eb and hammets solos. His "melodic work, " like one is just laughable. the triplet taping run at the start? Give me a break its so spinal tap. Wrist slashing lyrics and pedictable leads. "yEah MEtalica fucking own." That said they do have their moments, orion is fucking great. But its paled by all their other tracks.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no, a bands complaining that your stealing music from them?!

cmon, are you guys serious? :rolleyes:

do you not realize that downloading is the cause of todays music scene?

as soon as something good comes up record companies dont wanna take a chance on it because itll get eaten up, and everyone will download it, then the band makes no money and flops

ill agree with whoever said that about rhapsody, if your paying for it theres no problem

but cmon, it was about time that someone said something

and then "fans" turn their backs on them because they had a problem with being stolen from

if you were real fans, youd be buying music anyways right?

and yeah, metallica > god

do you not realize that downloading is the  cause of todays music scene?

as soon as something good comes up record companies dont wanna take a chance on it because itll get eaten up, and everyone will download it, then the band makes no money and flops

ill agree with whoever said that about rhapsody, if your paying for it theres no problem

and then "fans" turn their backs on them because they had a problem with being stolen from

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent post! Metallica is indeed > God.

And Yami, if you don't like Metallica because they are too complex, you should try listening to their album "Load." The songs are all great, but not as heavy as their earlier stuff. They're a bit more straight-forward than the songs on the other albums.

Some song recommendations:

Until It Sleeps

Hero Of The Day

Bleeding Me

Thorn Within

Outlaw Torn

I love Metallica almost as much as Guns N' Roses. But my cousion is a huge Metallica fan especially of their old stuff. He even has now he is gonna sell it on eBay an ESP M-II guitar from 1996 signed by the Jason era  members of metallica!

MetallicaGuitar.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Holy fuck thats fucken awesome!!,

any chance you could steal it for me? :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And Yami, if you don't like Metallica because they are too complex, you should try listening to their album "Load." The songs are all great, but not as heavy as their earlier stuff. They're a bit more straight-forward than the songs on the other albums.

Until It Sleeps

Hero Of The Day

Bleeding Me

Thorn Within

Outlaw Torn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow, praise from ceasar :)

and death star, youve stolen my avatar

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Until It Sleeps

Hero Of The Day

Bleeding Me

Thorn Within

Outlaw Torn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow, praise from ceasar :)

and death star, youve stolen my avatar

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who in the hell is Ceasar?

Haven't done a creative thing worth mentioning for over a decade.  One of the best metal albums of all time (Master of Puppets), but also one of the worst (St. Anger  pee-ugh)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hell yeah.....Master Of Puppets the song and album ruled....i cant say i like saint anger the album or the song but back in the day they went hard

Metallica Rules I Love Them More Then Guns N Roses!!!!!!!

They Music Rules

I Know Basically All There Songs On Drums And Bass

They Rule Hard

James Hetfield Rules Same With Lars Ulrich

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

too right dude, i know alot of their Songs on Guitar, so fun too play

Listerning to For Whom the Bell Tolls atm rock3 lol must be the only Metallica song without a solo

Yeah Its Like This

Ive Tried To Live My Life Like James Hetfield And Lars Ulrich As I Do No How To Play Drums And Guitar But Being In A Band Isnt Any Fun When I Cant Play Guitar With Out Singing So I'll Stick To Drums On That Note Cuz When I Play Drums I Sing

Im Currently Learning How To Play Seek And Destroy

Here's a simple equation:

Kill em All, Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, and And Justice for All>most rock music=Black Album>Load>Reload=Garage Inc>St. Anger

S&M doesn't count because it's a feeble attempt at jazzing up a greatest hits album.

they totally suck....not mainstream?!?! look lol look at the labels they been signed to their whole careers...besides which they're just boring...same old format each album, minor little tweaks passed off for some form of progression and/or relevance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, they were incredbly non-mainstream when they started. Hair metal was the big thing in 1982, Metallica was a rebellion against that. in Hair Metal they spent hours on their hair and teased it out and wore leather etc, Metallica said FUCK THAT! and just did what ever they wanted. No one had heard music like theres before, it's was fast, loud, angry, it's was Thrash Metal. It was a huge diversion, and becasue their music was SO good, people caught on to it, and they had a huge underground following, of course a major label is then gonna come along and sign them on, you'd be stupid not to sign it.

...And Justice for All is defantly not a minor tweak in progession, it's one of the most complex albums ever. It uses time signatures and progessions never used before, Metallica re-invented themselves, this was fresh and new. People who wern't teenagers in the early 80's dont realise their impact, people my age who have only really known them in the 90's only see them as the huge band they are now.

Metallica were easily the biggest and most influenctaul band of the 80s and 90s