Gibson or Fender

READ POST BEFORE VOTING!  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(If your not going to post why you picked "Gibson or Fender" then don't bother voting please)Hey I'm just starting to play guitar and I'm practicing on aucustic right now and trying to figure which guitar is better for just starting out on electric? Opinions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm just starting out too and I got a fender, the man in the shop said it was good for a first guitar and the sound is really good on it, the main reason I got it was because I liked the colour though! :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rolleyes: typical girl answer.

Thought i'd add - I find fender necks a lot more playable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey it's not pink or anything, It a really nice blue! And yeah I have little hands so i had to get one with a playable neck lol! :D rock2

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i still vote for gibson, i like all the guitars, the sg, the les paul, the flying V, the xplorer, the eds 1275... and fender only have, the strat, the tele, the jaguar...

conclusion? make it you pepl

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fender also have, the Mustang, Showmaster, Jazzmaster. Also there are many many many types of Strats you can get, the choices are endless.

Also on another note, Fender basses kick the fucken shit out of Gibson basses, they are the industry standard.

And i agree Sabre, Fender necks are much better to play on, the Strat is a guitarists guitar. So comfortable and easy to play, standing or sitting.

Also love your strat!

Edited by johnezz

Hey it's not pink or anything, It a really nice blue! And yeah I have little hands so i had to get one with a playable neck lol!  :D  rock2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine used to be blue, until I gave it my beastly evh paint job.

dsc007259wl.jpgdsc007260yn.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very cool, I was gonna have my cousins black and white one and paint it or something but then changed my mind, as usual. :D

Anyways, none of those guitars can beat a custom made guitar to your own preferences...i myself will not buy a gibson, i have a really good luthier thats gonna build me a les paul out of Maple and Mahogany, with a Hard Maple neck, and some other things i asked him to, for like 600-700 bucks, and itll be 10000 better than any strat or les paul, cuz its not made in a factory line, and the luthier i know, makes them personally and puts all his heart into it, takes care of every detail, seriusly guys, you want a better guitar than a fender or a gibson for less money? have one custom made by any luthier who has been in the buisness over 10 years, and with top quality woods and your personal preferences...youll get the fuckin great guitar...

Guest gnr>everything
Hey it's not pink or anything, It a really nice blue! And yeah I have little hands so i had to get one with a playable neck lol!  :D  rock2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mine used to be blue, until I gave it my beastly evh paint job.

dsc007259wl.jpgdsc007260yn.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

but then changed my mind, as usual. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another typical girl answer :lol:

Anyways, none of those guitars can beat a custom made guitar to your own preferences...i myself will not buy a gibson, i have a really good luthier thats gonna build me a les paul out of Maple and Mahogany, with a Hard Maple neck, and some other things i asked him to, for like 600-700 bucks, and itll be 10000 better than any strat or les paul, cuz its not made in a factory line, and the luthier i know, makes them personally and puts all his heart into it, takes care of every detail, seriusly guys, you want  a better guitar than a fender or a gibson for less money? have one custom made by any luthier who has been in the buisness over 10 years, and with top quality woods and your personal preferences...youll get the fuckin great guitar...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh i whole heartedly agree there mate.

Me? For my metal guitar i would get a:

3 ply maple neck through, with Mahogany sides, rosewood fingerboard 24 frets, original floyd rose, seymour duncan JB and Jazz, all in the shape of an ESP M-II but a bit better looking with fine changes i would make. Of course i would have the neck and nut width to my own specifications for my own maximum comfort.

What alot of people don't realise is that top artists, while they might have guitars with 'Fender' or 'Gibson' on them are not actully stock guitars, many famous artists go into the custom facotries and get their guitars built exactly how they want it for themselves.

If you have the money, what you would you rather, some that is whacked together by machine, or somthing that a very expirienced person and spent alot of care and effort building.

Even Slash didn't use stock Gibsons.

I know if i had the money i would get a custom guitar built.

• 2 weeks later...

Why does everyone think that Gibson only have Les Pauls?! They have many good guitars except from Les Pauls and SGs, as for Fender have other guitars than Telecaster and Strat.

I would probably say Gibson at the moment because I haven't played on many Fender guitars and I'm in no position to judge a guitar since I've only been play for 4 months.

I'm going to get an Ibanez anyway, then after a year I'll probably get myself a Jackson rock4

Il say something very polemic for you people to fight.

I think that in a couple of years Ibanez would be the best guitar brand ever.

more than gibson,more thatn fender.

Why?

well, give your reasons but this are mine:

1. Ibanez inovates each year applying technollogy to the new guitars, getting new guitar technology each year, as the Fender of gibson dont change since 1969

2. Ibanez have the Floyd Rose advantage over fender and Gibson

3. Ibanez are more affordable and they have lots of variety

4. Ibanez uses the top quality of the Japanese technology, which assures quality and a better product

ok so know you can start to fight people

Why?

1. Ibanez inovates each year applying technollogy to the new guitars, getting new guitar technology each year, as the Fender of gibson dont change since 1969

4. Ibanez uses the top quality of the Japanese technology, which assures quality and a better product

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Floyd Rose's SUCK!

I'll take a vintage tremolo over a Floyd Rose anyday.

Why, because Floyd Roses are a bitch to set up, and when you snap a string the intonation goes fucked. They wear out and then are useless. The top range Floyd Roses cost $400!. They do not sound as powerfull as a vintage tremolo. You cannot rest your hand on them.

Why?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he's totally right, and top japanese technollogy?! :lol: you gotta b joking...they make those guitars in factory lines with absolutly no care about their public, the guitars are made and shipped, they arnt submitted to any kind of oil treatment which atleast to me is very important cuz it helps the neck keep its stability, softness and that fast gliding feeling, plus some gibsons and fenders are entirely customly hand-made, which is much better than a factory line, and all gibsons have certain parts that can only be done by human hands, like finding and carving the perfect fitting neck into the body of a les paul and gluing it together so its has that crucnhy long sustain gibsons have...Ibanez? yeah they sure do great guitars, and the JEM7VWH is amazing, but i wouldnt say it beats fender nor gibson...

• 2 months later...

If you're starting out then you'de want a Fender. Gibson is top notch and very good. Fender is also very high quality too, except they are much cheaper and they are very common. If you stick with it for a few years and get good at it and still like it then, I'd say to then buy a Gibson, but until then just get a fender.

I prefer the Gibson Les Pauls because of the tone and sustain you get, with the humbucking sound. Personally I am finding my Les Paul increasingly easier to play as well, compared to guitars with thinner necks and non-countoured bodies.