Gibson or Fender

READ POST BEFORE VOTING!  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is a bit old...

STRAT>LP

Bitch...

Better affordabilty, versitality, playability, bluesability, rockability, goodability, and any other ability that I have omitted.

:xmassrudolph:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Someone who agrees with me! :D

Plus they are a fucking durable guitar, i mean, look at SRV's No.1 Strat, and Rory Galligers strat. And LP could never stand up to the abuse a Strat could handle.

Need i say more when vintage 50's Stratocaster are the most sort after guitars :P

I know i'll never be able to afford a gibson. I tried playing one once in my life. It was so great, i never played such an awesome guitar before. Really like.. best memory of playing guitar... ever.

I play a fender every now and then at my school, it's just not the same. I like fender, but gibson are better for what i like to play.

Not this damn thread again...

Well we all know i'd vote for Gibson, but as i said before, notn beats a custom made guitar to your own specs...I got mine done about a month ago(LP), it plays like a dream, but i recently purchased another custom made, but this time a tele, specs of a 59', it kicks the shit out of the custom LP...its just fuckin rock, played with my 1974X handwired Marshall just slightly distorted...man...i get the shivers everytime i plug it in...

Thing is...i couldn't care less if its gibson nor fender, every fucking guitar is different, even if its the same fuckin model, its not the same fuckin tree, nor the same part of the tree, not put exactly the same way, not with the exact same care, who know, maybe the guy sticking or nailing the neck jpint didnt have a nice day, and he could totally screw the guitar by accidentally drilling two wholes or adding to little glue and then just passing it...theres always something...fender nor gibson will gaurantee the best guitar youll ever play, you gotta find it yourself (meaning you gotta find your sound and carve a whole new guitar out by yourself)...

nothin in the world better than a les paul customized to your likings (EMG) with a floyd rose.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O dear god, why would anyone do that to a les paul :scared:

save it for your jackson, fool

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my old guitar teacher had it, i can only wish it was mine. les pauls go out of tune too fast, especially when you play hard.

i can't stand tuning the FR though :anger:

edit - no one mentioned PRS yet, i guess we're all too poor! those things are sweet.

Edited by quadlaser

• 2 months later...

in my eyes:

Gibson: looks awesome, just attracts everybody, great bluesy sound with the humbuckers, very solid,

Fender: awesome easy to play, as mentioned you can get a lot of different tunes out of it,

so if you are a beginner, go for the fender, much easier to play....but on the other hand, if you can handle a les paul or gibson and than get a fender in your hand you think you`re a pro :) at least it thought it!

and if you are a real beginner, go for a no name. i started on an acousitc, than a noname electric with a good amp, and you will still think the sound is amazing......you can save money if it turns out that your not going to continue for real!