Warnings Question

Axl Rose Child

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, do you not get anything for good behaviour after a warning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Many members have 0% on their trackers after several years on the forum, why should people who continually break rules be rewarded by having their trackers lowered. The rules are simple, there is no need to break them. When people do break them they just spoil the forum for others and/or make our jobs harder than they have to be.

Question about 'warnings'...

Why do we have to keep them forever?

Cannot warnings not be deleted say after 3 months of good behaviour?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If a warning is put in place, it is given for good reason. We almost always send friendly warnings via PM's before issuing a warning on someone's tracker. Removing the warning would be pointless, if the warnings were removed and someone who had 60% eventually got back to 0% then that would probably make the person feel they can break the rules again.

The warning system allows us to spot people who break the rules pretty often because their tracker will be pretty high, this helps us make a decision on whether another warning should be given or maybe the person should be banned or put in the 'Read Only' group.

If you've got a warning you have it for good reason and it's going nowhere. Just think of it was a little dog that follows you around everywhere. Give it a name if it makes you happier.

R.

Edited by x_Estranged_x

I mean, do you not get anything for good behaviour after a warning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Many members have 0% on their trackers after several years on the forum, why should people who continually break rules be rewarded by having their trackers lowered. The rules are simple, there is no need to break them. When people do break them they just spoil the forum for others and/or make our jobs harder than they have to be.

Question about 'warnings'...

Why do we have to keep them forever?

Cannot warnings not be deleted say after 3 months of good behaviour?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If a warning is put in place, it is given for good reason. We almost always send friendly warnings via PM's before issuing a warning on someone's tracker. Removing the warning would be pointless, if the warnings were removed and someone who had 60% eventually got back to 0% then that would probably make the person feel they can break the rules again.

The warning system allows us to spot people who break the rules pretty often because their tracker will be pretty high, this helps us make a decision on whether another warning should be given or maybe the person should be banned or put in the 'Read Only' group.

If you've got a warning you have it for good reason and it's going nowhere. Just think of it was a little dog that follows you around everywhere. Give it a name if it makes you happier.

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just dont call it Winston. :lol:

What i wont to know is what is the warning level for persistant racist and homophobic comments as on a weekly basis certain people seem to be aloud to do this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If racist/homophobic posts are made, simply hit 'Report to Moderator' next to the post. If comments like this are made they are 100% forum rules and people will recieve warnings for making them.

HOWEVER if people spot a comment of this type and don't report it, then they have no ground to comment. We can't see everything, help us out :).

R.

What i wont to know is what is the warning level for persistant racist and homophobic comments as on a weekly basis certain people seem to be aloud to do this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If racist/homophobic posts are made, simply hit 'Report to Moderator' next to the post. If comments like this are made they are 100% forum rules and people will recieve warnings for making them.

HOWEVER if people spot a comment of this type and don't report it, then they have no ground to comment. We can't see everything, help us out :).

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Point taken and understood ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ew your starting to sound like a Mod now <_<

:krider:

*P.S.* I know hes a mod so no smart-ass comments.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ew your starting to sound like a Mod now <_<

:krider:

*P.S.* I know hes a mod so no smart-ass comments.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sign0106.gif

sign0113.gif

my one's are named mac n cheese :heart:

• 3 months later...
Guest gnr>everything
ja i have a question :unsure:

if you are warned <_< and you get Pms.......the big read thingy that says "you got a new Pm from blah blah" wont appear....its because of the warning? :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sometimes it just doesn't show up, like if you change pages or something really quick...actually I'm not sure why it doesn't always show up, but sometimes it doesn't. Shouldn't have anything to do with a warning...

If a warning is put in place, it is given for good reason. We almost always send friendly warnings via PM's before issuing a warning on someone's tracker.

Try sharing that piece of information with Jack.

If a warning is put in place, it is given for good reason. We almost always send friendly warnings via PM's before issuing a warning on someone's tracker.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I shared it with everyone on the board when i posted it in this thread.

R.

Guest gnr>everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Obviously it didn't work. :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you think you can brak forum rules and get a friendly warning each time like a second chance, you're wrong.

You had a 20% warning level and when you call a forum member "fucking moron", "dipshit", "asshole" and tell them to fuck off in a post you should know that the tracker would go up.

Guest gnr>everything

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you think you can brak forum rules and get a friendly warning each time like a second chance, you're wrong.

You had a 20% warning level and when you call a forum member "fucking moron", "dipshit", "asshole" and tell them to fuck off in a post you should know that the tracker would go up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know plenty of people who say things like that on a regular basis who don't get warned...but obviously mine holds more weight because I said it to a trigger happy mod...yeah that's fair.

Also look at the other warnings, they were unrelated to anything like member bashing. If someone has a 20% warning because of oversize avatars and sigs does that mean you won't give them a friendly warning first? That makes no sense.

Also, one post isn't member bashing...if someone repeadetly does it in a thread or makes a specific thread about someone else then yeah, but not one post just because it upset you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know plenty of people who say things like that on a regular basis who don't get warned...but obviously mine holds more weight because I said it to a trigger happy mod...yeah that's fair.

Please use the Report-To-Mod function. We want everyone to enjoy coming to this forum and keep the conversations and discussions on a nice and friendly level. The post you made did not contribute to any of that and broke the forum rules. Simple as that.

Also look at the other warnings, they were unrelated to anything like member bashing. If someone has a 20% warning because of oversize avatars and sigs does that mean you won't give them a friendly warning first? That makes no sense.

What I meant was that you're not a newbie and did know that you were breaking the forum rules.

Also, one post isn't member bashing...if someone repeadetly does it in a thread or makes a specific thread about someone else then yeah, but not one post just because it upset you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sometimes one post is enough. Believe it or not, I'm always objective and don't treat members different so don't flatter yourlself and think anything you say or do will upset me.