Pulse........

LA_0013

Just purchased a new copy, had it a few years ago but misplaced it. What a double CD, the whole of Dark Side of the Moon live, plus others. Just rediscovered what a great live album this is.

The extended second guitar solo of Comfortably Numb is earth shattering - something every fan of the guitar should hear. Absolutely amazing version!

Also, the live version of High Hopes on the album contains one of my favourite guitar solos EVER. The synths, the slide guitar, the melodies etc, the band sound fantastic. Love the way the song just builds from a quiet start to the final solo, amazing.

If you've not heard Pulse I suggest you download these two tracks from the album, turn it up loud and listen to the magic Dave Gilmour creates on his guitar...... rock2

LA

yes... that is my favorite Comfortably Numb solo ever. I really LOVE it towards the end when he goes back and forth between those two notes for 15 seconds or so, just making your mind weave in and out and swerve around... it truly does make you feel comfortably numb. I was just listening to it with my girlfriend yesterday.

Roger's voice is really missing though. His parts.... they just sound evil now.

Yeah man thats my favourite part as well, one high note kinda like dipping and a lower note rising, both with a lot of echo. Just goes on and on...sounds amazing. Then he goes back into his solo - its just a relentless piece of guitar playing! rock4

LA

meh, i thought PULSE was a bit boring actually

the dsotm didnt do it for me, but the hey you on disc 1 was awesome

and why did they close with run like hell? comfortably numb would have been a lot better

Roger Waters "In the Flesh" is much better

Edited by SpUd_Jr

whatever.

Roger was great when he was there, but as a live band Pink Floyd didn't lose anything by not having him there, just like at Live 8 Waters didn't really add anything special to the live performance, they would've been just as amazing without him...

Pulse is awesome, I must say though that that concert is a lot more fun to watch than to listen to because PF added so much cool stuff visually to their concerts that it's a better watch than a listen.

Waters' own live show DVD lacks so much visually...

i saw them on that tour when they played in pittsburgh. hell, i was only in 5th grade

i still remember it perfectly, god, so amazing. the first time i ever heard CN was at that show

it's been my favorite ever since

and roger waters is NOT pink floyd! the division bell is one of their best albums

i never got the fuss bout them. if you need so many pills to enjoy something it can't be that great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SpUd_Jr Posted Today, 03:01 PM

well everyone has their opinion, but please dont say that floyd sucks without drugs

katie Posted Today, 03:02 PM

i didn't

does anybody else see something fishy? :rolleyes:

i admit they're not smart, but they're smart enough

maybe it's because floyed are quite crap?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cut the flamebaiting out. Flamebaiting can be funny, but unfortunately, you're not.

I'm a big Pink Floyd fan, but haven't checked out Pulse yet. It sounds pretty good from what I hear, though.

people saying that Floyd suck are like people saying that "Dick and Jane" is better literature than Edgar Allen Poe. They can understand "Dick and Jane" but not Poe. Their minds are not big enough to wrap themselves around it, so therefore it must suck. Unless you do drugs with it. :rolleyes:

Of course, you are entitled to like or dislike Floyd, but I have yet to hear a good explanation as to why people think they suck. Maybe because there is no good reason...

I'm with moreblack here. Live they didn't lose that much when Rog was gone. In the studio they did, but that's a different story. But still I do feel they are a bit in-complete when Rog isn't there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm taking the other viewpoint on this...

I don't think that Roger lost much when David, Rick, and Nick were gone. I think the albums took a new direction, more mellow. I love it. and Live... I'm sorry, but Roger and his band sound better and more like Floyd than Rogerless-Floyd does.

I've seen plenty of Bootleg footage from Floyd live in the 70's and i tell you what, Roger WAS the frontman of Floyd. his talking to the crowds and his presence on stage are all integeral on-stage to Floyd overrall.

I think any lover of music who hasnt seen The Wall done live by Floyd is greatly missing out. It is absoluting amazing. And it would be immpossible to do without Roger. The Wall live is more of a theatre performance than a gig, and Roger is the main actor in it, it's mind blowing. No band ever comes close to topping that.

PS: People who say you need to be high to understand Floyd are utter fools.

I'm with moreblack here. Live they didn't lose that much when Rog was gone. In the studio they did, but that's a different story. But still I do feel they are a bit in-complete when Rog isn't there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm taking the other viewpoint on this...

I don't think that Roger lost much when David, Rick, and Nick were gone. I think the albums took a new direction, more mellow. I love it. and Live... I'm sorry, but Roger and his band sound better and more like Floyd than Rogerless-Floyd does.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fair enough. I also have Roger's solo stuff. And his In The Flesh DVD. Both Roger solo doing Floyd songs and the Roger-less Floyd sound pretty decent. I don't think one is better then the other. Both are good, but still a bit incomplete imo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking - Guitar, Eric Clapton

Amused To Death - Guitar, Jeff Beck

That's the kind of caliber it takes to fill Gilmour's shoes.

Brilliant choices by Roger.

whatever.

Roger was great when he was there, but as a live band Pink Floyd didn't lose anything by not having him there, just like at Live 8 Waters didn't really add anything special to the live performance, they would've been just as amazing without him...

Pulse is awesome, I must say though that that concert is a lot more fun to watch than to listen to because PF added so much cool stuff visually to their concerts that it's a better watch than a listen.

Waters' own live show DVD lacks so much visually...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally disagree. Comfortably Numb without Waters vocals would not be the same. Listen to Live 8 when he goes--OK.... just a liitle pinprick.... No one else can sound like that. His bass opening in Money....no one else can play it quite like him. As far as the DVD you do not need any visual effects when the band is playing songs like Dogs, Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, Pigs on the Wing, and Mother. His band was so awesome I would rather watch them play. The interchanging solos between Snowy White and Doyle Bramhall ll are simply mindblowing during Dogs among others.

I've seen plenty of Bootleg footage from Floyd live in the 70's and i tell you what, Roger WAS the frontman of Floyd. his talking to the crowds and his presence on stage are all integeral on-stage to Floyd overrall.

I think any lover of music who hasnt seen The Wall done live by Floyd is greatly missing out.  It is absoluting amazing.  And it would be immpossible to do without Roger.  The Wall live is more of a theatre performance than a gig, and Roger is the main actor in it, it's mind blowing.  No band ever comes close to topping that.

PS: People who say you need to be high to understand Floyd are utter fools.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've watched the film of The Wall a couple of times (the one with Bob Geldof playing 'Pink,' very kewl. Loved the animation of the 2 flowers during Empty Spaces

LA