do you aggree

ssiscool

music these days suck  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

yes. i mean look at it you got this crazy frog crap :anger: then all this other crap. there is no music like metallica guns n roses etc these days

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes it does, its crap, theres a couple of good bands, but note like gnr, iron maiden, queen etc. when was the last time a band come along like that, most of the musics a load of old tosh these days :anger:

Yes it sucks, but its getting better. This year has been preety good considering what we've had in the passed few years. The band teh trews has a new cd produced by the old aerosmith prodeucer from the 70s and they have some good tunes. NIN came out with a new cd this year, of course we have contraband. there was the new queens of the stone age cd and weezers new cd isnt half bad, but overall music is preety bad these days considering the bands mentioned above dont really get much airtime.

No.

There is some great music out there, and i think more than half of it is being produced by unsigned bands, but many record companies won't touch them because despite making 'good' music, it's not commerical enough to be considered worthwhile signing them.

Such a shame :(

R.

gnr, metallica, aerosmith, etc are unique. Very hard to find bands like those

but today we've got oasis, audioslave, vr, and other that are good. The other bands out there really suck and some of them are a shame for rock n roll.

But don't look just in the mainstream, there are lots of "underground" bands (not popular bands) that are amazing.

I disagree. The majority of this forum is classic rock and hard rock fans. That type of music isn't being heavily promoted today like it was twenty years ago. Music has evolved. People want to listen to new things, which isn't a bad thing. A lot of people are too hard headed to even check out artists of today because "all of today's music just sucks". Listen to Kanye West. Don't like rap? Fine. That's a matter of taste. A lot of people do, and saying that they're taste is bad is just stupid. It's an opinion, and a valid one at that. If you like classic rock music, I'm sure there are a lot of bands you haven't even checked out yet. Listen to a band you have heard good things about but haven't really gotten into before. It's not a hard thing to do. And it's a lot more enjoyable than typing about negative crap on your keyboard. All you have to do is a little bit of research.

I disagree.  The majority of this forum is classic rock and hard rock fans.  That type of music isn't being heavily promoted today like it was twenty years ago.  Music has evolved.  People want to listen to new things, which isn't a bad thing.  A lot of people are too hard headed to even check out artists of today because "all of today's music just sucks".  Listen to Kanye West.  Don't like rap?  Fine.  That's a matter of taste.  A lot of people do, and saying that they're taste is bad is just stupid.  It's an opinion, and a valid one at that.  If you like classic rock music, I'm sure there are a lot of bands you haven't even checked out yet.  Listen to a band you have heard good things about but haven't really gotten into before.  It's not a hard thing to do. And it's a lot more enjoyable than typing about negative crap on your keyboard.  All you have to do is a little bit of research.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

u are my hero

i was just gonna type that

relativity rocks

subjectivity sucks

I disagree.  The majority of this forum is classic rock and hard rock fans.  That type of music isn't being heavily promoted today like it was twenty years ago.  Music has evolved.  People want to listen to new things, which isn't a bad thing.  A lot of people are too hard headed to even check out artists of today because "all of today's music just sucks".  Listen to Kanye West.  Don't like rap?  Fine.  That's a matter of taste.  A lot of people do, and saying that they're taste is bad is just stupid.  It's an opinion, and a valid one at that.  If you like classic rock music, I'm sure there are a lot of bands you haven't even checked out yet.  Listen to a band you have heard good things about but haven't really gotten into before.  It's not a hard thing to do. And it's a lot more enjoyable than typing about negative crap on your keyboard.  All you have to do is a little bit of research.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, i just got into Nine Inch Nails, and i love them i seriously can't get enough. Next, i'm going to try out alittle TOOL! rock3

its dismissive of music to answer that question...no one heard ALL the music nowadays to be able to tell, and stuff in the charts is always crap anyway. theres a lot more music out there than what mainstream

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh so true, alot of music this day is awesome.

People are just to lazy to look beyond the mainstream.

The 80's had Rap, and the 70's had disco, But that doesnt make those whole to decades Shit does it...

Edited by johnezz

One thing about today's music that I don't like, even with most of the underground unsigned bands that are otherwise great.... is the singing. I haven't been able to find anybody that is at all unique or interesting with their voice. Most of it is rather annoying singing, and it can ruin a whole band for me.

That's something that was great about the popular and even not-so-popular bands of old... every band had a singer with a distinctive voice.

One thing about today's music that I don't like, even with most of the underground unsigned bands that are otherwise great.... is the singing. I haven't been able to find anybody that is at all unique or interesting with their voice. Most of it is rather annoying singing, and it can ruin a whole band for me.

That's something that was great about the popular and even not-so-popular bands of old... every band had a singer with a distinctive voice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

listen to Capleton, Sizzla, that song Dont Blame I...can't remember who did it but its a lee perry song...they got orignal type voices

This days music sucks.. I would like to be open-minded about this "new music" but I can't, bands like Slipknot and Soulfly ruins metal.. Charts are conquered by some guy who has in his music-video more (naked) women than most of us sees in lifetime.. And the worst part is that the guys top of the charts are different every week.. But the girls are same.. Sometimes some pop-whore is the king of the week but everyone knows that she can't sing.. She just don't have money for clothes so she screams naked to the microphone.. Ah.. And that sells.. You know why we don't have anymore any good music? Let's take example this guy..what was it again.. Axel... Something.. Anyways this guy who used to rock on the late 80's and early 90's.. Back then he weared bike-shorts..maybe sometimes even a shirt.. Now he wears footboll-yjersesyfknthings.. And he's hidden into a mansion with some Betayoda-lady who clears his aura every morning.. Conclusion --> Sex sells..( in these days..) Back in 90---> some people even listened to the music.. ("Video Killed the Radio Star" is a great song by the way, I don't have a clue who performed it but it's great) When we didn't have all these shitty mp3-players, walkmans and Dvds.. (Don't tell me "They had cds back on 17th century..Ohhasdasgkif") But did people share their music like in these days people do in p2p's?? Yes.. Everyone had a tape player.. You idiots! .. But did that stop people buying music?? No.. Now if you have an internet connection it's an exeption if you buy music.. Oh and Lps.. The holy vinyl.. I told my friend that I had fouind Lies on a vinyl for 4 euros and he asked something like "Vinyl..Is it something to eat?" I just wanted to eat his brains but when I started I didn't find anything.. Atleast inside he's head.. Why the hell I'm wroting this shit.. Nobody isn't even going to read this shit.. Oh and by the way.. I haven't been smokin' anything..

np. Black Sabbath - Paranoid

If somebody read that shit and understand even half of it I will vote you as "The member of the year" (=The one who has borrowed he's life to someone)