rocketsredglare

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like hip-hop

reasons:

I personally think its sounds shit, also i don't respect the artists as alot of them do not write their own material. Although i do acknowledge that the professional people that DO write the songs behind the scenes ARE talented. Also i find Hip-Hop sexist, all those film clips, very deorgritory to women.

I don't like hip-hop

reasons:

I personally think its sounds shit, also i don't respect the artists as alot of them do not write their own material.  Although i do acknowledge that the professional people that DO write the songs behind the scenes ARE talented.  Also i find Hip-Hop sexist, all those film clips, very deorgritory to women.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sexist is actually a really good point...u got long live rock n roll down there, and rock n roll is sexist as fuck, but thats not to excuse hip hop. a lot of them don't write their own matierial? where'd u come by that? *not agreeing of disagreeing, just asking*

I don't like hip-hop

reasons:

I personally think its sounds shit, also i don't respect the artists as alot of them do not write their own material.  Although i do acknowledge that the professional people that DO write the songs behind the scenes ARE talented.  Also i find Hip-Hop sexist, all those film clips, very deorgritory to women.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sexist is actually a really good point...u got long live rock n roll down there, and rock n roll is sexist as fuck, but thats not to excuse hip hop. a lot of them don't write their own matierial? where'd u come by that? *not agreeing of disagreeing, just asking*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got the "Long Live Rock N' Roll" from the Rainbow song of the same name, and Rainbow are not a sexist band. Yes i admit there have been alot of rock bands that have songs that are sexist, but it seems that EVERY Hip-Hop film clip is the same thing.

My brother-in-law is loosely tied to the pop-industry, he does accounting for certain people in that industry etc, and he eventualy wants to get into producing. He knows people who are Professional song writers for pop and hip-hop artists, some might even be writing songs for up to 6 artists, now thats talent. It is much more common in the rock genre to find artists who right their own music.

I don't like hip-hop

reasons:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got the "Long Live Rock N' Roll" from the Rainbow song of the same name, and Rainbow are not a sexist band. Yes i admit there have been alot of rock bands that have songs that are sexist, but it seems that EVERY Hip-Hop film clip is the same thing.

My brother-in-law is loosely tied to the pop-industry, he does accounting for certain people in that industry etc, and he eventualy wants to get into producing. He knows people who are Professional song writers for pop and hip-hop artists, some might even be writing songs for up to 6 artists, now thats talent. It is much more common in the rock genre to find artists who right their own music.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree to a point...except when u say its MUCH more common, i don't think it is much more common...sexism i think is a societal problem so it crops up everywhere in all art...but see a lot of hip hops sexism has a line of reason behind it to serve as justification (whether u agree or not is up to you but they give reasons) where rock doesn't a lot of the time. but yeah, songwriters, unsung heroes, my man elvis never wrote a song in his life (still love the dude)...Indian movies have like, songs in em, and i heard somewhere that a different guy sings em a different guy writes the music a different guy writes the lyrics and a different guy *star of the movie* lip-synchs the shit...thats an interesting dynamic cuz the west doesn't have that, we're all hung up on ownership and authenticity as opposed to disgregarding such quibbles in the name of decent music.

Mainstream Hip Hop (the stuff most of you are talking about)  = garbage

Underground Hip Hop = amazing

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the underground shit is good, it's great...that whole sage francis angle...what kinda, makes me wonder though, about a lotta underground scenes, is this weird kinda, snobby mentality where it's like, if u sign with a major ur a sellout...it seems to me that if u got somethin u think needs hearing you'll want as many people to hear it as possible...thats how u make a difference...a lotta underground folks really need to straighten out their thinking caps. to my mind, it's just that childish thing where u seperate urself cuz somehow u think ur different in a way no one else is

Im not a fan of hip hop, but if you want an example of hip hop thats not the norm then checkout Changes by Tupac. Examples of the good things from hip hop and rap can be found in the lyrics of Tupacs songs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually, theres like....a TON of stuff in that changes vein if u look into hip hop...in fact, theres been an overabundance of that since Tupac did it

Im not a fan of hip hop, but if you want an example of hip hop thats not the norm then checkout Changes by Tupac. Examples of the good things from hip hop and rap can be found in the lyrics of Tupacs songs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

actually, theres like....a TON of stuff in that changes vein if u look into hip hop...in fact, theres been an overabundance of that since Tupac did it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You got some examples i can checkout?

I don't like hip-hop

reasons:

I personally think its sounds shit, also i don't respect the artists as alot of them do not write their own material.  Although i do acknowledge that the professional people that DO write the songs behind the scenes ARE talented. Also i find Hip-Hop sexist, all those film clips, very deorgritory to women.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sexists??? Derogitory to women??? But yet you like Guns N Roses. :huh:

I don't like hip-hop

reasons:

I personally think its sounds shit, also i don't respect the artists as alot of them do not write their own material.  Although i do acknowledge that the professional people that DO write the songs behind the scenes ARE talented. Also i find Hip-Hop sexist, all those film clips, very deorgritory to women.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be totally honest, i don't like gunners much anymore.

And yes, i dont approve of their sexist songs.

I hang round here cos the people are so cool.

The message (Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five)

Broken glass everywhere

People pissing on the stairs, you know they just

Don’t care

I can’t take the smell, I can’t take the noise

Got no money to move out, I guess I got no choice

Rats in the front room, roaches in the back

Junkie’s in the alley with a baseball bat

I tried to get away, but I couldn’t get far

Cause the man with the tow-truck repossessed my car

Chorus:

Don’t push me, cause I’m close to the edge

I’m trying not to loose my head

It’s like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder

How I keep from going under

Standing on the front stoop, hangin’ out the window

Watching all the cars go by, roaring as the breezes

Blow

Crazy lady, livin’ in a bag

Eating out of garbage piles, used to be a fag-hag

Search and test a tango, skips the life and then go

To search a prince to see the last of senses

Down at the peepshow, watching all the creeps

So she can tell the stories to the girls back home

She went to the city and got so so so ditty

She had to get a pimp, she couldn’t make it on her

Own

Chorus:

It’s like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder

How I keep from goin’ under

My brother’s doing fast on my mother’s t.v.

Says she watches to much, is just not healthy

All my children in the daytime, dallas at night

Can’t even see the game or the sugar ray fight

Bill collectors they ring my phone

And scare my wife when I’m not home

Got a bum education, double-digit inflation

Can’t take the train to the job, there’s a strike

At the station

Me on king kong standin’ on my back

Can’t stop to turn around, broke my sacroiliac

Midrange, migraine, cancered membrane

Sometimes I think I’m going insane, I swear I might

Hijack a plane!

Chorus:

My son said daddy I don’t wanna go to school

Cause the teacher’s a jerk, he must think I’m a

Fool

And all the kids smoke reefer, I think it’d be

Cheaper

If I just got a job, learned to be a street sweeper

I dance to the beat, shuffle my feet

Wear a shirt and tie and run with the creeps

Cause it’s all about money, ain’t a damn thing

Funny

You got to have a con in this land of milk and

Honey

They push that girl in front of a train

Took her to a doctor, sowed the arm on again

Stabbed that man, right in his heart

Gave him a transplant before a brand new start

I can’t walk through the park, cause it’s crazy

After the dark

Keep my hand on the gun, cause they got me on the

Run

I feel like an outlaw, broke my last fast jaw

Hear them say you want some more, livin’ on a

Seesaw

Chorus:

A child was born, with no state of mind

Blind to the ways of mankind

God is smiling on you but he’s frowning too

Cause only God knows what you go through

You grow in the ghetto, living second rate

And your eyes will sing a song of deep hate

The places you play and where you stay

Looks like one great big alley way

You’ll admire all the number book takers

Thugs, pimps, pushers and the big money makers

Driving big cars, spending twenties and tens

And you wanna grow up to be just like them

Smugglers, scrambles, burglars, gamblers

Pickpockets, peddlers and even pan-handlers

You say I’m cool, I’m no fool

But then you wind up dropping out of high school

Now you’re unemployed, all null ’n’ void

Walking around like you’re pretty boy floyd

Turned stickup kid, look what you done did

Got send up for a eight year bid

Now your man is took and you’re a may tag

Spend the next two years as an undercover fag

Being used and abused, and served like hell

Till one day you was find hung dead in a cell

It was plain to see that your life was lost

You was cold and your body swung back and forth

But now your eyes sing the sad sad song

Of how you lived so fast and died so young

there ya go person-who-likes-changes.

u think its a crock of shite? how comes peg?

and luvaxlforever...how much hip hop do u actually know of that makes u qualified to pass judgement on MOST of it? and ur a guns n roses fan, talking about videos being ridiculous? most videos are ridiculous if u watch em...

I don't like hip-hop

reasons:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you

Here's why I don't like it:

When I listen to music, I listen mostly for the sake of the music. I'm sorry, but the beats and things in rap is not going to satiate that need. I am really not liking very much mainstream stuff anymore... It follows too much of a formula. I'm sick of the rock formula, and I'm definitely sick of the pop and rap formula. Lyrics... well... regardless of whether or not somebody's lyrics are sexist, violent, etc... they just seem overwhelmingly unimaginitive. These "good" lyrics to hip hop songs... they don't hold a candle to the average work of the stuff I truly love listening too.

I like singing. I don't like the talking/yelling kind of thing. The singing to me is supposed to add to the music, not conflict with it. This rap "singing" is too harsh to be palatable to me.

Also, I tend to like mellower music better than harder stuff. Rap does not tend to be mellow. Especially, again, because of the vocals. Those certainly are not soothing, which is what I enjoy.

Also, people... it makes sense that people are going to say they hate the whole rap genre... it's not ignorant on their parts... it's ignorant on the parts of the record companies. And certainly some people are just not going to find rap palatable to them. You can't blame people for thinking they hate the whole rap genre... if all they here on the radio and TV is crap, they are going to feel unwelcome to rap, and that sure as hell is not going to make them delve deep into the genre, deep into the minor labels and unsigned people. That's just logical.

u say it follows too much of a formula yet u say

"I like singing. I don't like the talking/yelling kind of thing. The singing to me is supposed to add to the music, not conflict with it. This rap "singing" is too harsh to be palatable to me"

unimaginative? lol listen to As The World Turns by Eminem...lol

btw, what is the average stuff u listen to dude?