HIP HOP

rocketsredglare

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me narrow-minded all you want but i cant see the appeal of listenin to idiots(50 cent, Eminem etc) TALK over an anoying beat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't like Fitty either. As a matter of fact, I hate him and his whole Gorilla squad :fuckyou: Listen to some good stuff. I'll give you some suggestions though I'm sure you won't take them..

Listen to Nas (I uploaded one of his songs above), Talib Kweli (DL the song "Get By"), Common (DL the songs "Go" and "The Corner"), both recent songs. Anything by Tupac, Mos Def. Just take a fuckin' listen..

personally, i could defend hip hop...credibly...on an intellectual level if i was that way inclined...but the real reason people don't like it nowadays, lets cut to the chase here, the foreplay is tiring...its a fucking race thing, like all the weiners in elvises time sayin' it was black person music, this is a PC version of the same thing...only nowadays they come up with different excuses

*mimics whiney voice*

1) its soooo degrading to women

2) it promotes violence

3) its not music, its not art, it's garbage

etc etc etc

they said this same shit about rock n roll. im not sayin if u dislike hip hop ur a racist, just people hear look like they're lookin' HAAAARD for reasons but can't find shit cuz they have extremely uninformed opinions on the matter.

now we got elton john fans in here goin off on "rappers are all about bling and thats bullshit". spare me. and oh yeah, my favorite, it's degrading to women...ok, well, riddle me this batman, if hip hop is degrading to women then why is it that in the mainstream there are more female hip hop artists right now than there has ever been rock female artists? u think cuz they talk about sex they're degrading women? maybe they enjoy fucking, hows that? and what do 50 cent and eminem say exactly that is anymore idiotic than what anyone else in music says???

a lotta rap is fun music, celebration music, celebrating life...which is almost a dionysian thing LMAO i mean really, u want me to intellectualise it, i can lol but...why???

Edited by rocketsredglare