Kings of punk

nunchuck

toughie?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The ramones seem to be a really trendy band at the moment; I've seen models wearing Ramones shirts in Topman catalogues. I guess it's because everyone wants to appear like they're into things which are "underground" and haven't sold out. Maybe that's what wrong with music nowadays; people are more concerned with a band's credibility than it's music.

The ramones seem to be a really trendy band at the moment; I've seen models wearing Ramones shirts in Topman catalogues. I guess it's because everyone wants to appear like they're into things which are "underground" and haven't sold out. Maybe that's what wrong with music nowadays; people are more concerned with a band's credibility than it's music.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

good post :)

I saw a Ramones T-shirt at a dept. store the other week. I wanted it so bad, but I was revolted at the idea of buying the shirt there. My guess is anyone who buys the shirt won't have heard the music at all, other than the Ramones songs they are using on commercials now.

But I have peace in the fact that I got to see the Ramones up close and personal. Joey looked at me right in the eyes.

I had to go with the Ramones in the poll.

Edited by Aquarius

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YES!

Sex pistols.

I hate those ramones shirts. The majority of people who wear them are posers. I've asked a countless number of people; "hey dood your a ramones fan eh. Whats your fav song" - and they'll be like "Hey man.. Yeh Hey Ho, lets go is my favourite song" Im like... errrrrrrr....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

people who wear ramones shirts ares shit and probably couldnt even name 3 songs.

but the sex pistols are the epitome of punk.

I saw a Ramones T-shirt at a dept. store the other week.  I wanted it so bad, but I was revolted at the idea of buying the shirt there.  My guess is anyone who buys the shirt won't have heard the music at all,  other than the Ramones songs they are using on commercials now.

But I have peace in the fact that I got to see the Ramones up close and personal.  Joey looked at me right in the eyes. 

I had to go with the Ramones in the poll.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh but you could say the same for the other two bands ive listed. David Beckham was spotted wearing a Clash t shirt for fuck's sake!.

If you let it detract from the music then...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

people who wear ramones shirts ares shit and probably couldnt even name 3 songs.

but the sex pistols are the epitome of punk.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a Ramones shirt which i've owned since 1995 and i could name you every album in chronological order :tongue2: so check ME!

Guest cherry_bomb

the sex pistols, they were the definition of punk rock! dirty fuckers who spat.

i saw tara pama tomkinson (sp?) wearing a bright pink one the other day. its just a trend now, band t shirts-in topshop they sell led zeppelin t shirts, half the ppl wont know who the feck they are!

What a bunch of wank <_< I'm in the minority as I went with the Clash , IMO they were the best musically/lyrically and evolved as time went on , they were punk but had a lot of other influences in thier music as well . London Calling is a great album , though the band was around for a relativley brief time they cahnged a lot of ways punk music was done . They were also one of the 1st politically minded bands and that influence carries on today . I think Sex Pistols are picked more for thier "attitude and style" than actual musical output .

Peace GnR Nation :shades: