Kings of punk

nunchuck

toughie?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What a bunch of wank  <_<  I'm in the minority as I went with the Clash , IMO they were the best musically/lyrically and evolved as time went on , they were punk but had a lot of other influences in thier music as well . London Calling is a great album , though the band was around for a relativley brief time they cahnged a lot of ways punk music was done . They were also one of the 1st  politically minded bands and that influence carries on today . I think Sex Pistols are picked more for thier "attitude and style" than actual musical output .

Peace GnR Nation  :shades:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why is it a bunch of wank?

Why is it a bunch of wank?

I'm just shootin' off that's all , Though I like 'em ,I just think The Pistols get a bit more credit than I feel they should " music-wise" anyway , They did have only 1 "true" album . Good one though rock3

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

sex pistols, by faaar....

the clash dont compare, by nature of the fact that they were all hippies until the pistols "changed their lives". they're really obvious attempts at being diverse...the ramones r like heavy metal bubblegum...pistols are like...undeniable...and as far as not musically noteworthy well if u knew anything about the time, nevermind the bollocks, in terms of music...was revolutionary the steve jones wall of sound that u can hear in oasis now...chris speddings production...nevermind the bollocks is about one of the tightly produced products musically for the last 25 years in mainstream music, read up on it...

and uh, since when were the ramones underground??? they were signed to mainstream record labels their whole career...

sex pistols, by faaar....

the clash dont compare, by nature of the fact that they were all hippies until the pistols "changed their lives". they're really obvious attempts at being diverse...the ramones r like heavy metal bubblegum...pistols are like...undeniable...and as far as not musically noteworthy well if u knew anything about the time, nevermind the bollocks, in terms of music...was revolutionary the steve jones wall of sound that u can hear in oasis now...chris speddings production...nevermind the bollocks is about one of the tightly produced products musically for the last 25 years in mainstream music, read up on it...

and uh, since when were the ramones underground??? they were signed to mainstream record labels their whole career...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who said The Ramones were underground? :question:

The clash

joe strummer was so cool R.I.P

and i dont know that much of the ramone's My math teacher likes the ramones :ph34r:

And sex pistols are just  <_< The guy's screamin a lot of bollox you cant make out just not my style at all :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Clash, to me, aren't really punk. Sex Pistols all the way for me!

Shame on you damian! Each to their own, I guess

ARQ

"I guess it's because everyone wants to appear like they're into things which are "underground" and haven't sold out"

i'dratherwalk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, The Ramones aren't underground to me, buddy. In fact, they've always been 'over' ground! at least since about 1976, 77 anyway! they made no secret of the fact that they always wanted a 'hit record' but they never got it. Too damn good for the charts, see!

The ramones seem to be a really trendy band at the moment; I've seen models wearing Ramones shirts in Topman catalogues. I guess it's because everyone wants to appear like they're into things which are "underground" and haven't sold out. Maybe that's what wrong with music nowadays; people are more concerned with a band's credibility than it's music.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i even saw a picture of paris hilton wearing a bright pink ramones t-shirt. it was really kinda sad...

Edited by iloveaxlmore

judge a band by who wears their tshirts? that is really wise...and who is to say that these people aren't fans? "kelly clarkson has a gnr shirt on, shes such a poser"

you like those songs don't you? why can't she?

i listen to the fucking beach boys

judge a band by who wears their tshirts? that is really wise...and who is to say that these people aren't fans? "kelly clarkson has a gnr shirt on, shes such a poser"

you like those songs don't you? why can't she?

i listen to the fucking beach boys

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point!

And the Beach Boys rule!! They are definitely one of the greatest bands EVER!!