Elton John, anyone like him?

batman1987

he has some very amazing songs but i am not that much of a fan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea same for me.

I have to say, I thought he was pretty cool around a year ago where he went around stickin it to everyone...remember he went off about Madonna at some awards show, and he went off at an airport...cool.

Elton John is tremoundous in every way. A good song writer, a good singer, a good overall musician, and a very charismatic guy. I don't understand how someone couldn't like Elton John.

I'm also the first person in this thread to mention "Rocket Man". Show some love, people!

he's a freak! how could a guns fan possibly like a 58 year old gay singer? :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe he's a good musician. Maybe he has talent. Maybe he has loads of classic songs. He's gay? So what? Does that make him untalented? No, it just makes you sound ignorant and prejudiced. And since you decided to compare GN'R fans to Elton John fans, I think any Guns N' Roses fan that knows anything about music would tell you that Elton John is way higher on the list of greats than Guns N' Roses is.

he's a freak! how could a guns fan possibly like a 58 year old gay singer? :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe he's a good musician. Maybe he has talent. Maybe he has loads of classic songs. He's gay? So what? Does that make him untalented? No, it just makes you sound ignorant and prejudiced. And since you decided to compare GN'R fans to Elton John fans, I think any Guns N' Roses fan that knows anything about music would tell you that Elton John is way higher on the list of greats than Guns N' Roses is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You had me right up until that last sentence! OK, I admit, he's more highly regarded as a great than GN'R, but on a personal level...no.

love him.  axl was the person who got me into him.  you can tell from listening to him where axl draws a lot of his melodic influence from.  great songs.  timeless. classic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my uncle got me into him, and i thought he was great...but i was ashamed until i heard the interview with axl when he said he like elton john alot..so i thought hell who cares..so in away it also came alittle from axl

Man i need sleep