Metallica Vs The Beatles

ssiscool

Metallica Vs The Beatles. whos better  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I actually voted for The Beatles in the poll by the way, I just think Metallica are better musicians.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I can understand that. But let's also consider the Beatles didn't do anything as wild as Metallica, because of the kind of music they make. They had talent.

And John Lennon and Paul McCartney were better than James Hetfield, or whoever it was who wrote the songs, at making music, you can't deny it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually voted for The Beatles in the poll by the way, I just think Metallica are better musicians.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I can understand that. But let's also consider the Beatles didn't do anything as wild as Metallica, because of the kind of music they make. They had talent.

And John Lennon and Paul McCartney were better than James Hetfield, or whoever it was who wrote the songs, at making music, you can't deny it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lennon + McCartney < Hetfield.

Hetfield is arguably the greatest rythm guitarist, and one of the greatest songwriters of all time. rock1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hetfield is arguably the greatest rythm guitarist, and one of the greatest songwriters of all time. rock1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are having a laugh. He can only write good song in one style. When metallica cam to load they became gaytallica end of. The beatles are part of musical heritage. Try to get a crowd to sing along to the thing that should not be like many of the beatles songs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are having a laugh. He can only write good song in one style. When metallica cam to load they became gaytallica end of. The beatles are part of musical heritage. Try to get a crowd to sing along to the thing that should not be like many of the beatles songs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've heard dozens of crowd sing-alongs to Fade To Black, Master of Puppets, One, Creeping Death, Memory Remains, Nothing Else Matters, and shitloads of other songs. And yeah, Metallica are part of musical heritage as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've heard dozens of crowd sing-alongs to Fade To Black, Master of Puppets, One, Creeping Death, Memory Remains, Nothing Else Matters, and shitloads of other songs. And yeah, Metallica are part of musical heritage as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but they don't have the widespread fame like The Beatles. I mean, who doesn't know the outro to Hey Jude??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah but they don't have the widespread fame like The Beatles. I mean, who doesn't know the outro to Hey Jude??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats a brilliant song i got it on atm :)

SS.

What do you mean "no widespread fame" They have fans in the same places as the Beatles. And everyone knows the end to Hey Jude because that song is like 4000 years old. Shit, I heard even Jesus used to rock out to that song.

Like the songs Hetfield has written, they were more like symphonies than songs. They're all harmonized, the guitars are layered. They were complex.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I see your point. I like their orchestratic songs like Battery and Fight Fire With Fire. Don't get me wrong, I love Metallica. Its just that The Beatles appeal to me more. I doesnt matter if it's simple, as long as it works well.

You can like Metallica more than the Beatles all you want. But if you think that Metallica is better than the Beatles, I feel that you're wrong. The Beatles are more influential than Metallica. They've sold far more albums. They have a bigger fanbase, and more recognizable songs. If you would rather listen to a Metallica song than a Beatles song, that's cool, it's your opinion, but you cannot say that Metallica is better.

The only reason they have that is because they had a 20 year headstart on Metallica.

And album sales don't mean anything. Metallica have sold more albums since 1983 (when Kill Em All was released) than the Beatles have.

Edited by santana

Guest Twisted Metal
The only reason they have that is because they had a 20 year headstart on Metallica.

And album sales don't mean anything. Metallica have sold more albums since 1983 (when Kill Em All was released) than the Beatles have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that is true.

everyone is entitled to an oppinon some say metallica is better some say the beatles are. i personaly do prefer the beatles they have released some amazing songs.

1. Hey Jude

2. Yellow Submarine

3. Day Tripper

4. Penny Lane

5. yesterday

To name only a few they truly are great. especially hey jude i love that song reminds me of a beutiful girl i fancie but anyway the beatles rule

SS.

You can like Metallica more than the Beatles all you want.  But if you think that Metallica is better than the Beatles, I feel that you're wrong.  The Beatles are more influential than Metallica.  They've sold far more albums.  They have a bigger fanbase, and more recognizable songs.  If you would rather listen to a Metallica song than a Beatles song, that's cool, it's your opinion, but you cannot say that Metallica is better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fact that Beatles were more influential, sold more albums, have a bigger fanbase and have more recognizable songs doesnt make them better. I dont rate bands by fanbase and album sales, thats stupid.

I have been a Beatles fan since I was 4 years old, honestly. I used to play with Legos and listen to my Beatles tapes!! Ah good times.

BUT. Metallica I like nowdays more, the Beatles have worn out for me. I still like them but I can never like them as much as Metallica anymore.

That said, I love the Beatles but dem boys of 'Tallica get this one!

You can like Metallica more than the Beatles all you want.  But if you think that Metallica is better than the Beatles, I feel that you're wrong.  The Beatles are more influential than Metallica.  They've sold far more albums.  They have a bigger fanbase, and more recognizable songs.  If you would rather listen to a Metallica song than a Beatles song, that's cool, it's your opinion, but you cannot say that Metallica is better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fact that Beatles were more influential, sold more albums, have a bigger fanbase and have more recognizable songs doesnt make them better. I dont rate bands by fanbase and album sales, thats stupid.

I have been a Beatles fan since I was 4 years old, honestly. I used to play with Legos and listen to my Beatles tapes!! Ah good times.

BUT. Metallica I like nowdays more, the Beatles have worn out for me. I still like them but I can never like them as much as Metallica anymore.

That said, I love the Beatles but dem boys of 'Tallica get this one!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed!!

Edited by _mrslash_

but metallica takes advantage of modern mass media like MTV internet and stuff. when the beatles were around there was nothing like that. and I think it's save to say that without the beatles metallica wouldn't even exist.