Metallica Vs The Beatles

ssiscool

Metallica Vs The Beatles. whos better  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lennon + McCartney < Hetfield.

The most hilarious and unbelievable post I have ever witnessed...!

There are a number of people on this forum who wouldn't know 'good songwriting' if it came and kicked them in the teeth...!

:rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And if you can't recognize that Hetfield is a great songwriter, then I guess you're one of those people as well.

Hetfield is the man, end of story.

McCartney is old and washed up. And Lennon.. why don't some of you people go ask Mark David Chapman how great Lennon was.

in there time the beatles were bigger than metallica are now simple as

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Big fish in a small pond. How much of this is just Nostalgia? How big/good does a band need to be to convince you it's the greatest? I think it says a sad thing about the 20th century, if no rock band will ever be good enough to be better than the first. Will we always live in the shadows of bands that came fifty years ago?

Now don't be bagging metallica, they started thrash metal, and albums like And justice for all, Master of puppets, and Ride the lightning are some of the greatest albums ever. There is o doubt James is the best rythym guitarist of all time, apart from Jimmy Page maybe. He is also a great song writer ie. Nothing Else Matters, One, Fade To Black, Welcome Home have all got great lyrics.

I dont know if the beatles are more influentual now'a'days. Every musician i know(which is alot) including myself, picked up the guitar / drums / bass because of Hetfield and hammet / ulrich / newstead and cliff.

It is very close, but I like metallica more. They are much more influentual today IMHO, and they are an awsome band. Which band could write an album like And Just for all. Anyone could of written the White Album, beatles were just the right band, at the right time. But i still love em ;)

:anger: RETARDS :anger:

The only people who vote for Metallica are smelly cavemen who wear beer-stained tank-tops and say 'dude' in every sentence.

The guys in Metallica are complete assholes with the combined I.Q. of 12. They don't have the wit, intelligence, charisma or showmanship of The Beatles - let alone the pure songwriting ability which has made Beatles songs timeless.

The Beatles didn't write a bad song (well Ringo may have) but Metallica have 5 bad songs per record.

I'm offended by this poll.

Actually i do recognise Beatles as the better band. But metallica have had a greater impact on my life. No doubt Metallica are obselete compaired to the Beatles, but i just love my Metallica. Great to just gettin your aggresion out and chucking your guitar across the room, and punching holes on the wall. Thats my reason!@!

Actually i do recognise Beatles as the better band. But metallica have had a greater impact on my life. No doubt Metallica are obselete compaired to the Beatles, but i just love my Metallica. Great to just gettin your aggresion out and chucking your guitar across the room, and punching holes on the wall. Thats my reason!@!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One of the very few good reasons I've seen in this thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same here.

SS.

:anger: RETARDS  :anger:

The only people who vote for Metallica are smelly cavemen who wear beer-stained tank-tops and say 'dude' in every sentence.

The guys in Metallica are complete assholes with the combined I.Q. of 12. They don't have the wit, intelligence, charisma or showmanship of The Beatles - let alone the pure songwriting ability which has made Beatles songs timeless.

The Beatles didn't write a bad song (well Ringo may have) but Metallica have 5 bad songs per record.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im offended by ur snobbery, i hate metallica too but i'd never say some shit like that

Edited by rocketsredglare

Like i said before, Beatles are a greater band ,theres no denying that, they changed pop music, and added weird effects. But my acknowlegement that they are greater doesn't mean i like them more than Metallica. Yes beatles music is dated (whoever said it is not is wrong because it is) of course it is, it was written deacdes ago, yet this does not detract from it's greatness. Mozarts work is dated, yet it is some of the greatest music ever. Back to the point though, i like Metallica better, why? Because their agressive riffs and vocals get me going, they fire me up, they make me want to pick up my guitar, turn up the gain and belt out what they are playing while doing some serious headbanging. Their music also covers deeper emotions than the bealtes, which I can relate to better.

:anger: RETARDS  :anger:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol::lol:

Oh keep posting ARC, everytime I read one of your posts I laugh my ass off of how pathetic you are :lol:

Edited by New Rose

It's like comparing life and death.

One of the bands music makes you fired up and want to head bang, the other is Metallica...

But seriously, none of the pro-Beatles can criticize the pro-Metallica members decisions because there's nothing that can define what makes the other better in anyway. Just because you can try and give ridiculous reasons like: "Hetfield's voice is boring, and Lennon is a better guitarist than Hammett" doesn't mean that makes your band better, it just makes you look rather desperate.

Both have influenced the different genres of music, metallica spawning countless inferior clones, aside from the odd exception.

And the Beatles: ELO

It's like comparing life and death.

One of the bands music makes you fired up and want to head bang, the other is Metallica...

But seriously, none of the pro-Beatles can criticize the pro-Metallica members decisions because there's nothing that can define what makes the other better in anyway. Just because you can try and give ridiculous reasons like: "Hetfield's voice is boring, and Lennon is a better guitarist than Hammett" doesn't mean that makes your band better, it just makes you look rather desperate.

Both have influenced the different genres of music, metallica spawning countless inferior clones, aside from the odd exception.

And the Beatles: ELO

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ELO :question: ???

SS.