GREATEST ROCK N ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD EVER

rocketsredglare

guns n roses can be included, but like...whatever band u name...give reasons

mine is the sex pistols because they were real, honest, uncompromising, revolutionary in terms of their sound, their attitude, socially relevant, politically relevant, fun and fucking intense musically...and they NEVER backed down from anything ever, they never played pussy, they never didn't stand up for themselves and they were who they were, no image, no acting, just straight pistols, no "statements" issued, they just talked straight, no "no comments" handed out, they ALWAYS had an opinion...they were just greater than any band ever before or since...there will never ever be a band that even comes close to being as...100% genuine as the pistols were...

who are yours and why?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pink Floyd,

Because, no one, and i mean no one, beats them in the field of creativity and originality. They were never in it for money or their fans, they did it for the love. They were some of the most talented songwriters ever. The Floyd are just amazing.

Pink Floyd,

Because, no one, and i mean no one, beats them in the field of creativity and originality.  They were never in it for money or their fans, they did it for the love.  They were some of the most talented songwriters ever.  The Floyd are just amazing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh oh OH!!! dude, u did NOT say that lol ur a pink floyd fan???

ALL IN ALL UR JUST ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL lol

and oh oh oh, my favorite...

momma will i be the president? momma should i trust the government??

come on Johnezz, ur one of few people i have faith in on this forum, u can't possibly like em (nah, im just yankin' ur plank mr. pirate, u can like who ya like) but i just never got it...i never got how they're orignal and creative...i mean, ok, orignal? dub reggae, thats orignal, public image limited, thats orignal, butthole surfers, thats orignal, kate bush, she's orignal, charlie parker...but Pink Floyd? i actually have an i hate pink floyd t shirt...but nah, all my little bullshit aside, can u explain to me please, whats orignal about em cuz i really don't see it and im not tryna be a wiseguy here, this is a serious question...

Pink Floyd,

Because, no one, and i mean no one, beats them in the field of creativity and originality.  They were never in it for money or their fans, they did it for the love.  They were some of the most talented songwriters ever.  The Floyd are just amazing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh oh OH!!! dude, u did NOT say that lol ur a pink floyd fan???

ALL IN ALL UR JUST ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL lol

and oh oh oh, my favorite...

momma will i be the president? momma should i trust the government??

come on Johnezz, ur one of few people i have faith in on this forum, u can't possibly like em (nah, im just yankin' ur plank mr. pirate, u can like who ya like) but i just never got it...i never got how they're orignal and creative...i mean, ok, orignal? dub reggae, thats orignal, public image limited, thats orignal, butthole surfers, thats orignal, kate bush, she's orignal, charlie parker...but Pink Floyd? i actually have an i hate pink floyd t shirt...but nah, all my little bullshit aside, can u explain to me please, whats orignal about em cuz i really don't see it and im not tryna be a wiseguy here, this is a serious question...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rocket, rocket, rocket

you never cease to ammuse me :P

I guess the one thing we never seem to agree on is our musical tastes ay lol.

You don't see the originality in them? It pretty fucken obivous lol. First of all they are not what you would call your mainstream 70's rock would you, their huge epic songs (20 min plus) Their style was well, its hard to explain, no one else sounds like them. They used effects that no other bands had done before, sure the beatles had done some, but Floyd were using effects where the tape for them would be several dozen metres long. Although Tommy was the first concept album, Floyd took it to another level, addressing social and polical issues. Secondly, their live gigs, well again they are hard to explain, you need to see The Wall live to know what im talking about, they wern't gigs, they were theareratrical perforamances. Roger Waters songwriting is on a level above everyone else, for someone to come up with the ideas/lyrics for Darkside, Animals and The Wall surely shows they are a genius. I know im not making sense, but it's hard to explain their impact on me, i'll just say that their music is not music, it's Art.

Pink Floyd is NOT Rock & Roll. Not even anywhere near it. They ARE the best band ever, period. But the're not Rock & Roll.

Nor is Metallica. The're metal.

A few bands that aren't really Rock & Roll imo, but edge towards it and are great would be Queen, Aerosmith and Guns n' Roses.

For me it's a tie between The Rolling Stones and The Beatles, if you'd like to count them as Rock & Roll.

I guess real Rock & Roll are people like Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry and Elvis Presley.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm for me i would consider Rock N' Roll NOT to be a genre, rather it's what is NOT pop, blues etc.

Led Zeppelin. No two Led Zeppelin songs sounded the same. They experimented with sound and created heavy metal.

Black Sabbath and Deep Purple made Metal buddy, not Zep.

Edited by johnezz

Rock N' Roll?

A few, but to me, AC/DC take it -- over the Stones, over everybody.

Why? Because i'm an extremely biased AC/DC fan who'd refuse to ever vote any other way... :P

....But also because rock n' roll is what they do best. They set out to be a straight up and down rock n' roll band, and over the 30+ years of their career, they've managed to keep the same formula. They've kept rock n' roll alive over the decades, and as a band, they're what rock n' roll is all about.

Pink Floyd is NOT Rock & Roll. Not even anywhere near it. They ARE the best band ever, period. But the're not Rock & Roll.

A few bands that aren't really Rock & Roll imo, but edge towards it and are great would be Queen, Aerosmith and Guns n' Roses.

For me it's a tie between The Rolling Stones and The Beatles, if you'd like to count them as Rock & Roll.

I guess real Rock & Roll are people like Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry and Elvis Presley.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm for me i would consider Rock N' Roll NOT to be a genre, rather it's what is NOT pop, blues etc.

Led Zeppelin. No two Led Zeppelin songs sounded the same. They experimented with sound and created heavy metal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Led Zeppelin practically made the Black Sabbath sound. Black Sabbath listened to Led Zeppelin 1 and decided to make a heavier sound.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Led Zeppelin practically made the Black Sabbath sound. Black Sabbath listened to Led Zeppelin 1 and decided to make a heavier sound.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not exactly, Sabbath we're always a hardcore blues band (as Earth) and Iommi de-tuned his guitar because it was easier on it damaged fingers. Led Zeppelin I is not a heavy album, Black Sabbath, Sabbath's debut album in 1970 was very heavy, far more heavier than anything Zep ever did, Plus they sound very different.

IMO anyway, i think Deep Purple were the true farthers of Metal, no one played faster, harder and louder than they did.

johnezz

on the pink floyd thing, they started off cool, the 60s...its was cool, they weren't incredibly groundbreaking, they tinkered with some technology but never seemed to fuck with the basic format...and to be honest, 20 minute songs were not an anomoly, look at zappa, captain beefheart, the doors, ELP, tons of em did that late 60s onwards, they got REALLY boring too by the 70s, just a dinosaur rock act capable of filling stadiums, void in terms of any great relevance, and i always found the song writing to be rather trite...but, ur opinion is urs and i respect it.

Guest gnr>everything

You can't ask what's your favorite band and then say but don't say GN'R, because then I can't answer.

So 2nd favorite is The Rolling Stones, with Pink Floyd behind them.

Username: Pink Floyd is progressive rock...it's still rock

Edited by gnr>everything